Thread: Pokémon!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    In my opinion Gen 4 and 5 have the worst ones. There are a few good ones (like Gallade and Haxorus) but moost of them look dreadful.
    The problem i have with most early-gen shiny sprites is all theyve done is pick a colour and tinted the entire sprite to have that tinge. (Gen 2 is the most severely guilty of this)

I think the newer and newer you get the more detail theyre going into - or perhaps thats more to do with the actual pokemon design than simply the shiny colouring...

Some are still just flat-out lazy though:

Last edited by -Ethos-; 2013-05-02 at 02:15 AM.

Deleted

Sudden color change for no reason. Dusknoir would look awesome in red & grayish white.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2013-05-02 at 02:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    would someone be willing to swap dusclops with reaper cloth equiped with me? so we both get a dusknoir. mines level 37, dont care what level yours is

lol ive never had a duskskul duskclops or dusknoir...im not a fan of single types that much....i dont know why..its just..instead of having lets say an electric type..would rather have an electric/dark type...actually? that would be an awesome combo...make it bulky enough that a fighting type needs to use swords dance and its better attacking stat make it phyical..would totally have foul play,wild charge, curse and some random coverage move...also have pure power as its ability....ok i went too far into make a pokemon.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    lol ive never had a duskskul duskclops or dusknoir...im not a fan of single types that much....i dont know why..its just..instead of having lets say an electric type..would rather have an electric/dark type...actually? that would be an awesome combo...make it bulky enough that a fighting type needs to use swords dance and its better attacking stat make it phyical..would totally have foul play,wild charge, curse and some random coverage move...also have pure power as its ability....ok i went too far into make a pokemon.
    I still don't understand why they didn't make Luxray a Electric/Dark pokemon. It looks just like one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still don't understand why they didn't make Luxray a Electric/Dark pokemon. It looks just like one.
    I still dont understand why they let Shinx have intimidate...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I still dont understand why they let Shinx have intimidate...
    For the same reason Growlithe has Intimidate.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Oddish, a plant, has Run Away. :3
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    And Oddish, a plant, has Run Away. :3
    Carnivine, a plant, has Levitate.

Out of all the shinies I've had (not including Radar ones), worst one has to be Snorlax. I caught a shiny one in FR while resetting to try and catch it (kept failing and running out of Pokéballs). Didn't even know it was shiny until a friend pointed it out to me :/

Had a Shiny Geodude in Crystal, Quagsire in Platinum, Sandile & Hydreigon (can't remember it's first forms name) in White. They all looked pretty nice imo.

Deleted
    What's up with people getting so many shinies? That's surreal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I once had a shiny Gyrados. I think that's about it.

sac the breeder here..so..ive been resetting the eevee you get from amanita for a female..that way hidden ability eevees will be farmed out the ass..but anyway..ive come to a crossroad with the last 1 i got from here and i cant decide...its a shiny timid one...now i do have black 2 and white 2..should i take this eevee? or keep looking for females...btw the spawn rate to get a female eevee from her with he hidden ability is like .5% atleast i think..could be always male though..its been like 500 resets...
    Last edited by twinkleblur; 2013-05-04 at 03:52 PM.
    my friend code...

Depends what you want to evolve it to, if you want to evolve it that is. Timid is pretty lame for Umbreon for example, but good enough for Espeon and the other SP. ATK based ones. Either way, I would pick up the shiny one, gender doesn't mean that much honestly. Eevee's hidden ability also isn't that good, sure it's pretty nifty to have, but it isn't something that I would throw a shiny away for.

Deleted
    I would definitely keep the shiny. But I might be biased because I never got a legit shiny in my life. (Only the Gyarados, Gible and Haxorus)

i was gonna make it an espeon. im pretty happy with several of my umbreons theres 1 with maxed health and insanely high defense and i have 1 with maxed defense and really high health.
    my friend code...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    i was gonna make it an espeon. im pretty happy with several of my umbreons theres 1 with maxed health and insanely high defense and i have 1 with maxed defense and really high health.
    Shiny espeon is Fugly though.

10+ Year Old Account
    never had a shiny that wasn't hacked other than the shiny gyarados in g/s

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

I am so out of the loop it's not even funny.

What makes a shiny so special? Just that it's rare? I remember the one from g/s (and hg/ss). But that's it

Shiny espeon is Fugly though.
    I kinda like it myself, but that's because I'm a sucker for most green shinies (Druddigon being a main exception, also Dragonite.)

Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw View Post
    I am so out of the loop it's not even funny.

What makes a shiny so special? Just that it's rare? I remember the one from g/s (and hg/ss). But that's it
    Simply because they're rare. Under normal circumstances there's a 1/8192 chance to meet a shiny in the wild, but there are methods to increase the likelihood of getting a shiny, like the Shiny Charm and Masuda Method.