10+ Year Old Account

(Ele) Desperate need of help on Horridon 10 man (H)

My guild has been working heavily on heroic Horridon. We are getting somewhat close, but just aren't succeeding and the overall consensus of the group is that I am to blame. Now, I am an enhancement shaman by trade, I've been Enhancement since the day I rolled this character, but I was told to go Elemental for this fight. I do not like Elemental. I do not like being ranged, and I do not find the spec fun or interesting in the least. But, I want my guild to succeed so I have been trying as hard as I can.

I run LFR as Elemental, I do everything I can as Elemental. I've read the guide over and over, I know the rotation, this is not the problem. My damage on Horridon from start to finish just blows. I cannot increase it. I pre-pot, I open up with burst, I try to use my cool downs on time, I constantly spam chain lighting, I try my best to earth shock when I need to. It just isn't getting better, and I am going crazy with the constant "You're holding us back" talks that I am getting.

Managing my Direhorn has been HELL FOR ME. I pretty much feel like I spend the entirety of the fight trying to not die to the Direhorn, which hurts my DPS. Some things I've tried to alleviate this:

- Focus Dire Horn + Focus Macro to hit him (It was originally Unleash Elements, but learned today that I can use Purge apparently, so I switched it to Purge)
    - Flame Shock him + Try to Project a Searing Totem behind him, but this is extremely unreliable
    - I am aware that Wind Shear should also help

But it just feels horrifically uncomfortable still.

I am at a loss at this point. I've watched PoV videos as elemental, I have Elementarist...This fight is going to be the death of my guild if I don't find a way to pick it up.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ypticon/simple

^This is my Armory

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-b0itch77vqfb46r5/

^This is today's logs from Horridon attempts

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1vel1p1mkzj4hq20/

^This is from Tuesday with some more Horridon attempts

Please, if someone can help me, I'd be really grateful.
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

Deleted
    Im on a break so dont have time to go into logs im sure someone else will but Il give you my 2 cents on how I go about handling the add.

I handle the spirit is by making a macro to target the spirit and cast UE its nice and boosts a FS and LvB you can also purge or wind shear the add with a macro but i tend not to, another way I knock it back is by baiting it into the adds so the CL chain hits it and pushes it back. also between doors if its to close or I want to use a CD i just put a few LB's into it, in the final phase I tend to run around with it and have 0 issues. the only time ive ever been caught out by it was when i got into tunnel mode with ascendance hero trinket procs and pot up and then was like OMG DINO ON ME :P

Another lil tip is if you take PE on this fight which I have done the last 2 weeks you can put the earth elemental on it and it knock it back but you have to watch out because after a certain distance it will despawn :P but its nice to have.

hope some of that block of text helped

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I may try PE, I've read a bit about that. I've been doing a Focus UE macro too but purge was slightly more on demand..

Ill glyph fire elemental for the 3 minute Cd. I dont use PE but if you call your elemental between doors it will take care of barney for awhile

Also when you dont have an elemental ready, try having him path into the pack of mobs youre killing and chain lightning will jump to him....fire nova totem and earthquake works too.....

Good luck!

Deleted
    Don't glyph FE. You can use it 3 times during the encounter anyways. Ascendance in start, at dire call @ second door while lava beam spamming the adds, when the war god spawns and at the very end of the fight. This way you can squeeze in 4 ascendances when damage on demand is really high.

Just Cl anytime you can really, plan ahead where to stand so you can minimize movement. Not more to say for the fight, just hope you don't get a direhorn on you early.

If your having trouble with the direhorn you can position yourself so that you can use chain lightning of the direhorn when he goes into the other mobs. And when you have knocked it far enough back you can just swap target and chain lightning the targets your suppose to. If you do that you wont need to spend useless GCDs on stuff like purge or UE

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah a lot of people say that about the Direhorn. I am more concerned about my DPS as a whole. One person suggested it is because I am only 509 with a few 483-489 pieces, no 2PC or Meta but I am also told that gear really doesn't mean much. I really don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    Yeah a lot of people say that about the Direhorn. I am more concerned about my DPS as a whole. One person suggested it is because I am only 509 with a few 483-489 pieces, no 2PC or Meta but I am also told that gear really doesn't mean much. I really don't know...
    meta and trinkets certainly mean a lot, going from 510 LotC to 535 BotH and getting the meta gem my single target has easily gone up 8-10k dps, and aoe much much more of course.

edit: oh and 2 piece...wow thats another 4-5%~ single target damage and 10% on aoe. it really all adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    Looked over your logs and noticed a few stuff, your flame shock up-time is low, shouldnt be lower than 95%. Also you had 70 lava surge procs yet you only casted 40 of them. I'd assume half those lava surges would be ignored for CL spam but that shouldnt really be the case. The only door you want to ignore the lava surge procs is when you are using Ascendence on the 2nd door to kill those priests off along with any effusions they spawn and the warrior type adds that spawn there too. Your EB casts are horrible, over 8 mins and 49 secs you casted 10 EBs in one of your attempts, looking at other attempts your EB casts are abysmal compared to other elementals and getting EB off shouldnt be that low. If you dont feel comfortable having EB on that fight just switch over to PE although I wouldnt recommend it.

Legendary Meta gem makes a huge difference I'd suggest to get it, run SimC again with the Legendary meta gem and check your new stat weights. Your gear is kinda low but you should be able to break 140k dps if not higher.

Follow the tips provided by the others in this thread regarding dealing with your Direhorn and dont complain about it, everyone deals with Direhorns yes its a stupid boss mechanic but thats just how it is, use the purge macro and dont spam it you only need to press it once.

/stopcasting
    /tar Direhorn Spirit
    /cast Purge
    /targetlasttarget

P.S: switch HTT talent to AG you can help alot more with healing that way.
    Last edited by Devious009; 2013-05-05 at 07:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it helps, I also did this:
    http://raidbots.com/comparebot/51857...6000091#damage

And it seems like they did a lot more Lava Bursts than me ... but how on a cleave fight ? What should I be spamming Burst on?

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 04:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Devious009 View Post
    Looked over your logs and noticed a few stuff, your flame shock up-time is low, shouldnt be lower than 95%. Also you had 70 lava surge procs yet you only casted 40 of them. I'd assume half those lava surges would be ignored for CL spam but that shouldnt really be the case. The only door you want to ignore the lava surge procs is when you are using Ascendence on the 2nd door to kill those priests off along with any effusions they spawn and the warrior type adds that spawn there too. Your EB casts are horrible, over 8 mins and 49 secs you casted 10 EBs in one of your attempts, looking at other attempts your EB casts are abysmal compared to other elementals and getting EB off shouldnt be that low. If you dont feel comfortable having EB on that fight just switch over to PE although I wouldnt recommend it.

Legendary Meta gem makes a huge difference I'd suggest to get it, run SimC again with the Legendary meta gem and check your new stat weights. Your gear is kinda low but you should be able to break 140k dps if not higher.

Follow the tips provided by the others in this thread regarding dealing with your Direhorn and dont complain about it, everyone deals with Direhorns yes its a stupid boss mechanic but thats just how it is, use the purge macro and dont spam it you only need to press it once.

/stopcasting
    /tar Direhorn Spirit
    /cast Purge
    /targetlasttarget

P.S: switch HTT talent to AG you can help alot more with healing that way.

A few things that I'd like you to help me understand, if you would, please...

1. Okay so, with the Elemental Blast... when should I be casting that if I am cleaving? Should I stop cleaving to single target whatever Skull is with it just for sake of the buff? That is something that has me confused, because I was under the impression that when tons of adds are out, I should forgo my single target rotation in favor of CL.

2. In terms of HTT vs AG, I know AG is better...but the problem is, healers ask me to save my healing cool down for when shits going crazy and we've all been concerned that should it come a time where I can't pump out damage with AG, that it would fall short. Thoughts?

I played my off spec elemental on our heroic horridon progression kill a while back, and my damage was always in 1st or second up until the last phase.
    Pull Boss: Use ascendance prepot stormlash on the initial burst.
    For all the gates is basically single target rotation on the elite adds, if theres 3+ targets just spam chain lightning and fuminate the add at 9 stacks.

during transitions from gate to gate if i get the direhorn, I spam lightning bolt on it and chase it to the other side of the room.
    If it gets close to me during the gates i just spam lightning bolt on it to get it far away from me.
    spamming chain lightning on all the adds makes up for all the dps im losing on transitions.

I'm always either 1st or 2nd from the boss pulling till the fourth gate is down, then all i do is ascendace on the war god and i stand there and look pretty, and let all the main dps do all the work. (On our first kill i actually died because wanted to hug the pink dinosaur)

Not saying this is the correct way to do it but it worked for me and my guild