Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE! IM SO BORED! I NEED TESO NOOOOOOOOOOOWWW!

I'm playing Neverwinter atm to drown out my boredom. It's ok, but it has a crap load of problems.
    Yeah, I agree. Neverwinter, even if it's a beta, still has some glaring problems that I doubt will change enough for release, or at all.

I'm putting my hopes in TESO.

---------- Post added 2013-05-04 at 10:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    dayuuuuuuuum.... that's one fugly nord in that second screenshot rofl

Quite pointed ears on that Nord though, might be an elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post

Quite pointed ears on that Nord though, might be an elf.
    It's a Nord. Funny thing is, it still looks more attractive than an unmodded Skyrim Nord.

eh.... even lydia unmodded is more attractive than that thing rofl. i can make nords faaaaar prettier than lydia. i don't use mods either.

Maybe.

I wonder if the Elves will be as butt ugly like they are in the elder scrolls single player games.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Maybe.

I wonder if the Elves will be as butt ugly like they are in the elder scrolls single player games.
    I don't know about all of the Mer (elves) but my avatar is from a screenshot of an in game Dunmer. I don't think she looks all that ugly. A bit harsh perhaps. But better than having LotR elves.

I wonder how many variations of Legolas Bosmer there will be.

I didn't say that it was a bad thing to have ugly/harsh looking elves. Just wondering how the mmo will handle that.

Your avatar doesn't look bad (reminds me of Icewind Dale for some reason) but I could never make a decent looking elf in game. Very alien looking which I kind of like. Most games treat elves as humans with pointy ears.

I have a feeling there will be a lot of customization abilities (sliders) at character creation so that people can create pretty elves if they want to or the more familiar alien/harsh TES elves if they prefer. My Dunmer will probably be somewhere in between harsh and common.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    I have a feeling there will be a lot of customization abilities (sliders) at character creation so that people can create pretty elves if they want to or the more familiar alien/harsh TES elves if they prefer. My Dunmer will probably be somewhere in between harsh and common.
    I sure as fuck hope so. One thing that always annoyed me about TES games are that female characters generally looked like they were hit by a bus. Thankfully, there were mods to fix that. If they don't allow you to make pretty characters though, I can't ever see myself playing.

Yes, I'm that shallow, I like pretty things (including pretty characters). Come at me, bros.

i'm hoping they offer a lot of customization options. enough that almost no two characters with look alike. and i really hope they get the height of each race right >.<

Well as long as they get their Khajiit right, that's all I care about.

I know Firefall isn't exactly the same thing but the game does night time damn well.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

LoTRs night looks so amazing. Wish more games would do that.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    i'm hoping they offer a lot of customization options. enough that almost no two characters with look alike. and i really hope they get the height of each race right >.<
    I really hope we get sliders. It's pretty insulting IMO that pretty much every Asian MMO that comes out these days has weight, height, musculature and face sliders and when it comes to American games, the Elder Scrolls series and The Sims are about the only two that bother with it. It really should be a standard feature of any game that claims to offer character customization at all.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    No need to fret when it comes to character customization in this game. There are plenty of sliders in this game and you can be that special little snowflake you've always wanted to be. There are sliders ranging from hair, height, stomach, and even ass.

Awesome then. But it needs to be a tad bit darker. LOTRO's night time is SO dark lol. Its amazing

Here's an example of LOTRO's day night cycle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoEjkewCktc
    This vid has a more spectacular example at 1:19

Well as long as they get their Khajiit right, that's all I care about.
    It's disappointing that they haven't bothered to give the beast races their own body model.

I just want night time in ESO to be like night time in the other elder scrolls games, complete with Masser and Secunda and all those pretty lights in the sky.

Night was the best part of Arena and Daggerfall. Because it was dangerous.

It's perhaps too much to expect the night time of TESO to harken back to those days when the sun going down meant s--- got real.

Awesome then. But it needs to be a tad bit darker. LOTRO's night time is SO dark lol. Its amazing

Here's an example of LOTRO's day night cycle:
    LOTRO is the most immersive mmo that I have ever played. Things like the day/night cycle contribute to that.

I'd love for ESO to go that far. At least it will have a cycle unlike some games that I could mention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    The one thing I loved about WoW was the Day/Night cycles... Until they botched that up. Bad move in my opinion, took some Character out of WoW that did

never understood why blizzard removed it, it barely gets dark at night now, its horrible theres not much difference between stormwind in the day, and stormwind at night i dont think TESO will be as dark as skyrim was at night and in caves, but im hoping that going into a cave, actually feels like a cave and night to actually been meaning ful. i dont think a day / night cycle in game should follow our 24hour clock though, its a bit unfair to people who can only play at night, should make it a 4hour clock or so. would love that.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    never understood why blizzard removed it, it barely gets dark at night now, its horrible theres not much difference between stormwind in the day, and stormwind at night i dont think TESO will be as dark as skyrim was at night and in caves, but im hoping that going into a cave, actually feels like a cave and night to actually been meaning ful. i dont think a day / night cycle in game should follow our 24hour clock though, its a bit unfair to people who can only play at night, should make it a 4hour clock or so. would love that.
    I think the night time in WoW should be a little darker. Don't make it dark to the point you can't see, but just lower the lighting a little.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki