Thread: a new idea

Deleted

a new idea

as many people have suggested to stop bots using captures with those annoying letters you can hardly read ive been on websites where you have to solve a puzzle, so what i think blizz should do is have a 4 or 6 piece puzzel to solve before entering a bg and you get 2 tries at it before you are kicked from the que

example captchas: http://www.digital-spin.com/demo.php

The Puzzle CAPTCHA

To complete this CAPTCHA the user must adjust the slider, located at the bottom left corner of the CAPTCHA, to rotate the puzzle pieces into their correctly aligned positions. This CAPTCHA is simple and elegant while remaining a very effective deterrent to bots posting spam and complete malicious registrations.It would be best suited for a blog or similar webpage, with a low to medium number of posts and traffic. This CAPTCHA can also accommodate advertisements with a link to the product or webpage of the advertiser.

The problem is that 50% of WoW players would end up being kicked from the queue and proceed to cry on forums and ask if there was an addon or a guide for the puzzles.

Deleted
    yeah well thats the problem with wow nowadays no actual gamers just stupid kids from xbox ruining pc MMO games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    yeah well thats the problem with wow nowadays no actual gamers just stupid kids from xbox ruining pc MMO games
    That's not true at all.

Talking about kids i just a lame excuse for people who suck.
    Omg you dps is below average? I bet you are 10 aint you?

That's not true at all, i've been a MMO player for like 10 years now, and im sure alot of people are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming they aren't total random then bots will likely eventually crack it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

as many people have suggested to stop bots using captures with those annoying letters you can hardly read ive been on websites where you have to solve a puzzle, so what i think blizz should do is have a 4 or 6 piece puzzel to solve before entering a bg and you get 2 tries at it before you are kicked from the que
    I hate captchas mostly because a lot of them you cant tell what they say and you have to keep guessing and re-entering the stuff it erases in you app or whatever it is. These are better but it still annoying to have to do extra crap.

Also if they did do something like this, it should ask for the proof you arent a bot before you join the queue. You click "join" do the authentication, and then join. Getting kick out of a queue you were in for 30min because you messed up a stupid puzzle would be really really annoying.

Deleted
    Pretty sure I saw stupid kids in WoW before I saw them on xbox live.

The problem with WoW these days is people with your attitude making the game a less friendly place.

Another problem is. how to implement this into World of warcraft, it works well om sites but.. what about inside a game hm? thought of that? also little bit off-topic. Gimlix always rember Theramore with our hearts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Another problem is. how to implement this into World of warcraft, it works well om sites but.. what about inside a game hm? thought of that? also little bit off-topic. Gimlix always rember Theramore with our hearts.
    well i dnt know what blizzards coding is like so i cant answer that, and im 29 years old to the other person and i have mental issues which is why i sound like a kid ok i wont tell u my problems cos its personal

10+ Year Old Account
    so by your own logic you are just a stupid kid using an xbox.....got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    Pretty sure I saw stupid kids in WoW before I saw them on xbox live.

The problem with WoW these days is people with your attitude making the game a less friendly place.
    Couldn't agree more.

OT:Have seen this Captcha thing mentioned before on these forums, and it doesn't seem to be a popular choice of fix. Not sure what the solution is though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlike farming bots which can make gold and shuttle it off for gold farming companies to sell and never require real human interaction, battleground bots basically assume a real person is playing the account because HP are useless if you don't plan to actually PvP on that character at some point. In all likelihood, all those pvp bots have actual people that are present and probably just tabbed out watching a movie or something. It's not going to be that hard for them to complete the puzzle, and then go back to being AFK.

While I appreciate any ideas to limit botting, it seems an unfortunate truth to me that all something like this would accomplish is mildly annoying players (both botters and legitimate).

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    aren't they implementing a small browser client to run support html pages ?

10+ Year Old Account
    BG bots got pretty shut down anyway, because blizzard disabled /follow in BGs, and most bots rely on it.

Farm bots however, are harder to nail.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.