Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    already playing but no if i had quit and this would come up? no no no no no no no no no no. i'l play guild wars 2 then than this. or if I get the choice? i'd pay the sub again.
    14,99 USD 5$ per thing.
    12,99 Euro 4 Euro per thing.
    8,99 GBP = 3 GBP per thing.
    now for me this means.(i'm swedish and I need to convert from euro to SEK)
    5 USD = 32 SEK x2 = 64 SEK Compared to 97 SEK is cheaper yes, but to play content i sometimes want to pay i have to pay the exact same ammount anyways.
    4 EURO = 34 SEK x2 = 68 SEK compared to 110 SEK is cheaper yes, but to play content i sometimes want to pay i have to pay the exact same ammount anyways.
    3 GBP = 30 SEK x 2 = 60 SEK compared to 91 SEK is cheaper yes, but to play content i sometimes want to pay i have to pay the exact same ammount anyways.

Now the option to pay in GBP/USD is thrown away for me, since i'm in europe, and yes your not allowed to chose to pay in GBP/euro at all, for a reason.
    But in the end it would not matter and if i stopped playing, I stopped playing for another reason than money, and basicly your sugestion regarding raiding content do NOT WORK, you have to pay 10 USD/8 EUR/6/ GBP anyhow, why? well to get to the raiding content you need to do the leveling and farming and the dailie quests, no dailie quests are NOT part of raiding content nor are the gear.(apart from tier)

Raiding Content=The Raid(experiance)
    Questing+Dungeon Content= world + loot
    Pvp=Battle grounds/arena/World dominance - oh snap wait a moment you need the leveling content additional to the pvp one.

your idea seems very flawed.
    and..

so? it was not directed to him or me, we can still give our opions as we are still playing the game, and as i take it, do you even play the game anymore? if not why are you on a forum about a game which you don't play. if you do, then why make this kind of thread?
    There's nothing flawed with my idea, you can pay 5$ a month extra for questing and once you get to level 90 you can drop the extra 5$ and pay for PVP or raiding only, or both

Want to level an alt? Start paying an extra 5$ again.

Games with cash shops offer these under forms of monthly/weekly passes. In TOR for example, in order to do more than 5 PVP matches a month as a non-subscribing player, you can either cough up 15$ and have access to ALL THE CONTENT, even if you're not using it, or you can pay like a few dollars and have access to more PVP matches that month and that's it. You don't have to pay for PVE content you don't do once you're at max level if you don't want to.

Seriously, it's not that hard to understand.

As for the guy who the thread was not directed to him, he just said that "I'm still playing" (ok, why do I care?) and "I wouldn't want this if I wasn't playing" (ok, why do I care?), since this thread is directed to people who left and are thinking of coming back.

Also I didn't understand what you were trying to say through all that math, like was there a point or a conclusion to all those random numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    Then this post wasn't directed to you, so please go increase your post count somewhere else with one liner replies. My Little Pony thread serves just that.

Also, your signature is utterly disgusting, I can't believe moderators don't ban you for that.
    Ha you're acting like post counts actually mean something. I've never once cared about it and the only people who do care about it are the ones who comment on it such as yourself.

And if you don't like what I post/my sig, there is a ignore option you can use.

And to keep it on topic; I don't agree with have something like this in game. You shouldn't be able to pick and choose, you pay for the full price for the full game (or at least how I view it).

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 12:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    If they start producing more 5-man content and less 3-man zerg rushes, maybe.
    I do agree that there should be more 5-man content. Doesn't have to be dungeons but something at least.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    If they start producing more 5-man content and less 3-man zerg rushes, maybe.
    So you want more 5-man zerg rushes?

Deleted
    No. Game isn't too expensive; game is too bad.

Start-up cost to play wow= $20 battle chest, + $20 cataclysm + $25 MOP = 65 to start. Assuming you play 1 year 12*15=180. 65 + 180=$245 total + internet ????

Price of one console stop being poor and work little kid.

I probably would return if the sub fee was lowered. Current pricing is not worth it all, given the situation the game is in at the moment.

If you see playing this game as a hobby then it has to be one of the cheapest hobbies out there at the moment.

Say as an example you enjoy football and want a season ticket for Man United that will set you back around $1204 for 19 home games so napkin math $1204/19= $63.38
    a match is 90 minutes so $63.38/90=0.70 so an hour is 60 minutes that means 0.70*60= $42.25 an hour.
    19 matches at 90 minutes comes down to 1710 minutes or 28.5 hours for the season (year)

Now take wow as the example, you play on average 5 hours a week max that is 5*52= 260 hours a year for $180 total

Numbers are not exact i know but close enough to make my point: 10x more for 10x less on top of that you can stop playing and paying at any damn point you want.

And now you want it to be even cheaper, sorry but what is next you pay blizz $5 bucks a month and want a free blowjob from Ghostcrawler on top of that????
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Cheaper than $15/mo? What's cheaper than $15/mo other than Netflix?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    MoP raiding is fine.
    That's what you call an opinion, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    The money is irrelevant to me. I stopped paying because the raids are crap, not because of price.
    Eh, what little i saw of the raids was nice (only got to try heroic MSV once before i gave up). It's more the fact that LFR has caused this lazy breed of raiders who think they can raid because they did it in LFR and then guilds take them in abundance and collapse because the majority of the group is just... well... bad.

OT: I probably wouldn't return under this kinda policy. Main reason i really played was to enjoy the game with friends, most of which have now left the game for their own reasons. $5 for all my friends to come back and play, then maybe :P

But internet is not free

Nope, there's nothing about the game that interests me.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Other than the forums that don't cost anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    No. Game isn't too expensive; game is too bad.
    So bad you continue to read WoW related threads? I'll stake $1000 that you are still subbed, just mad you got nothing in LFR this week

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 01:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Same for you as I said to the other guy. If you aren't interested, why are you here? O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was 5 a month for daily access and maybe like 1 or 2 lfr runs a month then I would do it. I have thought of this question myself a few times and would easily drop 3-5 dollars to remove pvp aspects of the game that I don't utilize when I was playing. Or rather what I think would really be worth it is if they changed their long sub payment system. When you save like 3 dollars for subbing 3 months at a time its a joke. LOTRO had it right imo with their sub setup it was $30 for 3 months so 33% off. But say if WoW it was 12 a month for a 3 month contract 11 for 6 month and 10 for a 12 month I think it would be a decent incentive as well.

$15 dollars a month is a lot for those who:

- don't earn any income themselves (adolescents with very strict parents + some others)
    - are in an extremely bad financial situation and should not be thinking about WoW too much
    - don't like spending even a few extra dollars and actually stress out over it (I believe this is a very small minority)
    - somehow have a problem with it due to very unique circumstances

All of those people together don't represent a number of any significance at all. The costs of developing and maintaining this system (not like yours, yours is just extremely bad; it would have to be a lot more complicated) would be a lot higher than the amount of money Bli would get from new $5 dollar subscriptions.

If and when WoW loses a lot more players, Blizzard will probably look into switching up their payment model, but that's actually besides the point.

Disclaimer: I do not have any sources or statistics to back up any of the above; that's just my common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Same for you as I said to the other guy. If you aren't interested, why are you here? O.o
    Randomly saw the thread on the "what's new" page.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing flawed with my idea, you can pay 5$ a month extra for questing and once you get to level 90 you can drop the extra 5$ and pay for PVP or raiding only, or both

Want to level an alt? Start paying an extra 5$ again.

Games with cash shops offer these under forms of monthly/weekly passes. In TOR for example, in order to do more than 5 PVP matches a month as a non-subscribing player, you can either cough up 15$ and have access to ALL THE CONTENT, even if you're not using it, or you can pay like a few dollars and have access to more PVP matches that month and that's it. You don't have to pay for PVE content you don't do once you're at max level if you don't want to.

Seriously, it's not that hard to understand.

As for the guy who the thread was not directed to him, he just said that "I'm still playing" (ok, why do I care?) and "I wouldn't want this if I wasn't playing" (ok, why do I care?), since this thread is directed to people who left and are thinking of coming back.

Also I didn't understand what you were trying to say through all that math, like was there a point or a conclusion to all those random numbers?
    It was pretty easy to understand.
    You cared enough to post.

There's nothing flawed with my idea
    I was going to give a proper response, but upon reading this, there's no point. You believe in your idea so blindly that you'd never be willing to even the most simple of changes to it, because it's just so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    Start-up cost to play wow= $20 battle chest, + $20 cataclysm + $25 MOP = 65 to start. Assuming you play 1 year 12*15=180. 65 + 180=$245 total + internet ????

Price of one console stop being poor and work little kid.
    Your comparing the cost to play the game compared to buying a console, it's comparing apples and oranges. You forgot to add in the cost of the computer to your little equation. I still play wow but if you compare it to a console game you are way off on your price.