Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kindomroll View Post
    meh
    we charge at orgrimmar, we nuke garrosh at a point we almost kill him, jaina (being a bitch) decides to do what she wants and attempts to kill garrosh herself, then the sha corrupt her-she's a boss-we kill her off.....she dies, then blizz will have a new happy fan
    the victim cries from alliance players will shatter the internet it.. well, ANY alliance character dies in the raid.

Seriously, this again is an example of blizzard making the mistake of listening to the obnoxious fanbase to much. They cried for more warwarwar, so they get given it.. but if any of there (alliances) characters die in the war, then its right back to 'blizzard favors the horde more then us!!'

I really wish the developers would just stick and finger up, tell them where to go, and do whatever they want with the lore.
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    And still think the possession by the Sha of Pride is a VERY weak point, just for say a nice statement.
    Yes, probably a unlikely scenario, but hey nothins impossible on Azeroth
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    <sigh>
    yes...all the sighs...I don't care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    the victim cries from alliance players will shatter the internet it.. well, ANY alliance character dies in the raid.

Seriously, this again is an example of blizzard making the mistake of listening to the obnoxious fanbase to much. They cried for more warwarwar, so they get given it.. but if any of there (alliances) characters die in the war, then its right back to 'blizzard favors the horde more then us!!'

I really wish the developers would just stick and finger up, tell them where to go, and do whatever they want with the lore.
    well if thrall dies, then an alliance hero should say bye bye too

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now that they are, and the mess that happened in cataclysm is over, I want to see Thrall back with the horde, I want to see Baine advance as a character and the tauren to get some dam lore, I want to see Vol'jin become involved in the horde affairs and lor'themar to do more then just look pretty.
    Heres a problem though, there isnt enough content to give all characters a decent chunk of "development"
    And with each new x-pac the problem gets worse, as new races and leaders and characters are added, it means a larger cast of characters Blizz has to keep track of

But who knows, maybe they can pull it off, they did say they expanded the development team
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Yes, probably a unlikely scenario, but hey nothins impossible on Azeroth
    you know dam well the whole point of shao hao's story is to reflect on what Garrosh is doing, and even bear relevance to it, how pride is the most sinister of all evils, because it appears as something good, but turns into something far worse then all the rest. Garrosh represents the negative consequences of pride.
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    'blizzard favors the horde more then us!!'
    players tend to have this assumption that changes in game are to reflect their own faction bias instead of,,, you know....actually gameplay reasons

And thats all I want too. I want Thrall back and with the horde, but I also want to see the other leaders play an active role in the horde.

Before cata, none of the leaders, on either horde or alliance were involved in anything, except of course varian when he appeared in wrath, so the argument of how Thrall did nothing well warchief doesn't work when none of the other leader did anything either.

Now that they are, and the mess that happened in cataclysm is over, I want to see Thrall back with the horde, I want to see Baine advance as a character and the tauren to get some dam lore, I want to see Vol'jin become involved in the horde affairs and lor'themar to do more then just look pretty.
    I could not agree more.

From a belf flipping a bench (seriously lol'd when I saw that) to seeing how other characters get some good build up certainly on horde side. With voljin and baine playing good roles and the belves getting some much needed attention. We have the forsaken to most likely play some role and we have goblin characters doing something but ofc their "leader" is no where to be seen yet. In the next expac I do hope the way we get to see these characters at least continues if its relevant to the story.

I do want Thrall back as Warchief if I am honest. Imo after siege assuming he survives (and at this point its up in the air) and with Garrys head on a pike as he deserves I could see Thrall not wanting to be warchief and I could certainly see baine/voljin and maybe etrigg etc getting him back as warchief convincing him hes what the horde needs and wants as warchief.

I also want to see more of baine, he is a bit of a copy of Cairne but certainly cairne did nothing until the cata pre event then died in a book. Utterly hated that, now with his son we get to see the potential cairne had in wow being realized. I have a soft spot for taurens as it was my shaman back in vanilla that was tauren. So its nice to see them coming into it. Even reading the short story on sunwalker was great (although sad to see what happens)

It is also obvious to many people that The sha of pride is inside of Garrosh. Garrosh isn't corrupted by it. He has embraced it. Its feeding off him certainly but he does not care. It is another tool/weapon to him now. The fact he was stunned in the 5.1 quest line after anduin hits the bell and with shao telling us the story of pride certainly links it well.
    Last edited by khalltusk; 2013-05-05 at 10:56 PM.

Deleted
    i want to see rexxar, he helped build the horde and blizz just put him in a cabinet

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    And, from my point of view, Garrosh was a great freaking Warchief, rolling the Horde just properly, who got pretty much loreraped by MoP, where he is a bloodthirsty puppy chewer. If one of those characters was to be removed right now, I'm staying on Garroshes side.
    Tides of War and MoP show an extreme version of a person, not a different one. I have myself some doubts about the reasons of this "overboard", but thinks that Tides of War "ruined" the character of Garrosh is fundamentally wrong. He had all the potential for becoming what is now, simply that "potential" is exploded, and the reason it is not completely clear, there are just thoughts and theories about it.

I am so over Thrall at this point. Let him go down in history as the main character of the lamest expansion in peace.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tides of War and MoP show an extreme version of a person, not a different one. I have myself some doubts about the reasons of this "overboard", but thinks that Tides of War "ruined" the character of Garrosh is fundamentally wrong. He had all the potential for becoming what is now, simply that "potential" is exploded, and the reason it is not completely clear, there are just thoughts and theories about it.
    thing thats a big misconception
    Just because a character changes, dsnt mean they have duel personalities or whatever

It might be rushed at times, but it dsnt mean the changes themselves are far-fetched or dont make sense

But to give insight as to the "why", I think its just desperation to win the war, becoming willingy to use whatever means to win the war against the Alliance
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2013-05-05 at 11:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    thing thats a big misconception
    Just because a character changes, dsnt mean they have duel personalities or whatever

It might be rushed at times, but it dsnt mean the changes themselves are far-fetched or dont make sense

But to give insight as to the "why", I think its just desperation to win the war, becoming willingy to use whatever means to win the war against the Alliance
    Yeah i thought about a Garrosh "desperate", make even sense in some ways, but i'm not completely certain about it. The strongest doubt remains the usage of the mana bomb. He faced some desperate situations on the past (the whole war against the Scourge was full of them) but he never thought "indirect ways" for fight a war, he pissed the Forsaken a whole expansion about it. And pissed aswell Saurfang in Northrend about all his over-brutal ways of leading the war, he was completely ok with savage and bloody tactics that could ensure victory, but never with the usage of devices, backstabbing, tricking and so on, and he seemed always pretty sincere and steady about it.

It is not impossibile that even this can change in time, but i think that we haven't still saw enough explanation about this radical change of mind. Maybe we'll see it.

And thats all I want too. I want Thrall back and with the horde, but I also want to see the other leaders play an active role in the horde.

Before cata, none of the leaders, on either horde or alliance were involved in anything, except of course varian when he appeared in wrath, so the argument of how Thrall did nothing well warchief doesn't work when none of the other leader did anything either.

You know, before MoP i was enough sure about the fact that Thrall's return wasn't the best choice for the post-Garrosh, because now that he became a neutral character, like Tirion, wasn't right just see him again as a faction leader.

But just seeing as all the Alliance players hate him because he "stole their glory" or their "spotlight", or just hate him because....because they hate him, for being too good, too green or too jesus, i'm would now completely ok with him returning as a Horde character by the head to the foot, and giving a funny middle finger to the "other side".
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-05-06 at 01:03 AM.

Bahahaha, Thrall is like Tirion.

Bahahahaha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Bahahaha, Thrall is like Tirion.

Bahahahaha.
    Not even worth of a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Im not gonna lie, one thrall-centered chain quest per century is more than enough. Let other characters shine for once.
    But, but but but but but Metzen voices Thrall. Only Metzen's voice deserves to be at the forefront of every quest/story across both factions! DOWN WITH ALL OTHER VOICES!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    But just seeing as all the Alliance players hate him because he "stole their glory" or their "spotlight", or just hate him because....because they hate him, for being too good, too green or too jesus, i'm would now completely ok with him returning as a Horde character by the head to the foot, and giving a funny middle finger to the "other side".
    Honestly Id rather have Thrall as Warchief than nay other
    Ogrimmar may be the defacto Horde capital, but it is also the Orc capital

Deleted
    That is a point, I want to know what the doomhammer and even doomhammers armor will play in this. It was meant to be a symbol of orcish leadership, but Garrosh never took it, favouring mannaroths tusks as a token of Groms killing of him. Will they use the armor here, maybe even seeing Thrall deck out in it against as a symbol?
    god I hope thrall equips his old armor and challenges garrosh to a mak'gora and utterly defeats him

10+ Year Old Account
    My initial guess would be Thrall being imprisoned. I don't think Garrosh would outright kill him. I believe if killed, Thrall would become a martyr, a symbol for the Horde AND Alliance to marshal behind given all he has done for Azeroth. Killing him would only further seal Hellscream's fate as a common enemy between the two factions.

I second the idea that I'd like to see all faction leaders get some play. I want Thrall back with the horde, don't care what he's doing, but I also want to see the other leaders get some input. I'd like to see the Alliance faction leaders do something as well. Varian and Jaina are as bad as Thrall when it comes to being the only developed characters. I couldn't tell you who runs the gnomes or the dwarfs. I don't mind Thrall as a quest giver, I don't find the role of a quest giver that important. There is no way to deal with Garrosh without Thrall though, Thrall is the reason we have Garrosh. Thrall helped save Grom and brought Garrosh to the horde. We need him to tie the bow on this package.

To really move forward with a fresh expansion we need the end of the Thrall/Hellscream era. We need a horde and alliance that has leaders that all participate in whats going on, instead of just Varian, Thrall, and Jaina. Especially if we are moving into a Legion/Sargeras expansion. I like learning more about NPCs without having to read a Golden or Knaak book.

TLDR; More Tauren, Troll, Dwarf, Gnome, Goblin, Worgen, Belf leaders involved from this point forward and move away from only Orcs and Humans being important. Staying with them as the focus forever and always just turns into the same stories over and over.

Also I still follow my thoughts from day one about this. When Thrall starts to go down, Garrosh will somehow save him by sacrificing his own life, just like his father. We are going to get the father like son story, it is where this has been going since day one. Maybe, the old god tries to finish off thrall or the Sha etc and Garrosh has that moment of clarity and sacs himself for Thrall to redeem his family name once again. This would also help the faction war to keep going. Since Thrall won't let Garrosh be the villian in the end and the Alliance will be pissed and the war will continue while the legion invades.