10+ Year Old Account
    they could change their name to the cocksuckers and it'd be better than what they've got now

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Washington should just bite the bullet and change it allready. With RG3 they have a perfect marketing weapon to make a name change stick quickly in peoples minds. Prolonging it is only putting off the inevitable. This call to change the name to something less racially sensitive will not go away, and if anything will only grow stronger. Better to then change when you still do it out of your own free will. And look at the upside, you'll sell a TON of new gear to people.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I think Washington should just bite the bullet and change it allready. With RG3 they have a perfect marketing weapon to make a name change stick quickly in peoples minds. Prolonging it is only putting off the inevitable. This call to change the name to something less racially sensitive will not go away, and if anything will only grow stronger. Better to then change when you still do it out of your own free will. And look at the upside, you'll sell a TON of new gear to people.
    Yeah it would be the best time to change the name and I mean football isn't like baseball that lives in the past so I don't see the big deal. Like I said though Red Tails is another name based on racial past even though it's a good past it's still about race and I don't think it's necessary. Also I could see the Native Americans upset that they changed the name that is part of their heritage to something that is another races heritage.

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole Tebow thing is just going beyond absurd. I know there was a media circus when he was with the Jets, but it seems to have actually gotten worse now he's a free agent. The guy is, at the very best, a third string QB/Sub package player/Special teamer, who the hell knows. So why the hell are we still so concerned with this? I get the fact he's well liked and popular, but wasn't talking about him as a football player only plausible as long as he was at least a (potential) starter?

NFL.com has a whole segment of the front page dedicated to him, with an honest to god Tebow-Tracker, and an article that updates what is going on and where he'll land (if anywhere). I'm praying (hur hur) that he's not signed by a team and just disappears into his own little media corner somewhere, where people will pay attention to him so I can watch my football in peace.

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 06:18 PM ----------

Thinking about it, it's quite possible I'm lashing out at Tebow cause I have a deepseated fear the Patriots will actually sign his ass, that I need to vent. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    [/COLOR]Thinking about it, it's quite possible I'm lashing out at Tebow cause I have a deepseated fear the Patriots will actually sign his ass, that I need to vent. >.>
    Omaha Beef made him an offer for their indoor team. For a whooping $75 bucks per game he plays lol
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...offer/2124481/
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

If the Pats take him, they have a coach that could actually figure out a way to get the most out of him. They also have a QB that is firmly entrenched and there will be no talk from fans about Tebow starting over Brady. It's one of the few places he might actually work out. Tebow would just have to accept that he's not going to play QB.

Deleted
    Remind me again what Tebow would actually do in New England. We took Ryan Malett in the 2nd round last year, why would we want ANOTHER backup QB? Also forget about him playing TE, the guy has't played TE in 10 years. I think there are plenty of teams that could use him (especially as Backup QB), but won't take him because he has the whole media circus following him around.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2013-05-02 at 08:12 PM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don't understand why Jacksonville doesn't take Tebow I mean the media circus would actually do them some good and put people in seats. I mean you can be irrelevant and not have people in the stands and suck or you can be relevant have people in the stands and suck as an Owner I would take option 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting read about John Schneider, Marshawn Lynch, and Christine Michael.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/seahawks-a...istine-michael

I remember last year I would of put money on the fact that Lynch would be injured and Schneider anticipated this by drafting Turbin. It looks like Turbin is Mike Robs backup and Michael will be Lynch's backup.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Miami got turned down for using public money to (help) finance renovations to their stadium, and so now suddenly they cancel all renovation plans and even throw out some remarks about an unsecure future.

How does the average football lover and american citizin look at that stuff?

Looking at how stuff like this happens in Europe with our football teams I wonder if it's the same, with teams trying to do everything they can to secure funds for constantly upgrading stadiums and improving their own personal finances, while grumbeling at even the suggestion they stand on their own damn feet with stuff like this.

Does the average American Football team give back to the community what they get in public funds through increased tourism and non monetairy influence, or are they a constant drain on public coffers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if they change the 'skins name, I'm not going to stop calling them the skins and wearing my gear I've had for ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Miami got turned down for using public money to (help) finance renovations to their stadium, and so now suddenly they cancel all renovation plans and even throw out some remarks about an unsecure future.

How does the average football lover and american citizin look at that stuff?

Looking at how stuff like this happens in Europe with our football teams I wonder if it's the same, with teams trying to do everything they can to secure funds for constantly upgrading stadiums and improving their own personal finances, while grumbeling at even the suggestion they stand on their own damn feet with stuff like this.

Does the average American Football team give back to the community what they get in public funds through increased tourism and non monetairy influence, or are they a constant drain on public coffers?
    Same exact thing happened to the Sonics in Seattle, just the difference is that the team got sold.

Considering Miami is a potential super bowl hosting area, this is a pretty dumb move by the city. Plus IMO their team is on the up rise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Same exact thing happened to the Sonics in Seattle, just the difference is that the team got sold.

Considering Miami is a potential super bowl hosting area, this is a pretty dumb move by the city. Plus IMO their team is on the up rise.
    To be fair here, we're talking about Miami here. A city that's on the hook for several billion dollars due to the Marlins stadium. I don't see them giving out tax payer money to any sports team for quite some time.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    To be fair here, we're talking about Miami here. A city that's on the hook for several billion dollars due to the Marlins stadium. I don't see them giving out tax payer money to any sports team for quite some time.
    It is taxpayers money though. They should vote on it. Something we and now Miami never had an option to do.

To be fair, I really really doubt the Dolphins will pick up and move to LA or London. I think the reason why this is getting so much hype is because this is the most boring part of the NFL year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like Chris Kluwe's tenure with the Vikings is ending. It was allready likely he'd get released when they drafted a punter in the 5th round, so it's not a surprise, really. Hope he can get picked up by some other team in need of a (better) punter. If he doesn't it makes me scratch my head that teams will overlook several run ins with the law, or repeated substance abuse, but not the fact a player is outspoken about human rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like Chris Kluwe's tenure with the Vikings is ending. It was allready likely he'd get released when they drafted a punter in the 5th round, so it's not a surprise, really. Hope he can get picked up by some other team in need of a (better) punter. If he doesn't it makes me scratch my head that teams will overlook several run ins with the law, or repeated substance abuse, but not the fact a player is outspoken about human rights.
    As much as I like Kluwe and his stance on social issues and even knowing the situation with the Vikings special teams coach wishing he'd just shut up I don't think this has anything to do with his outspokenness. The Vikings have a choice on paying 1.4 million for a punter that is average at best (22nd in average, 31st inside 20, 17th net avg) or paying near league minimum for another punter that could potentially be an upgrade. It really does seem like a business decision at its core. Thorny issue for sure though because the immediate perception is going to be that the team wanted to shut him up. While I'm not certain he has an NFL future if released he certainly has MANY job offers on the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/ChrisWarcraft/st...34490129956865

FNK is probably right. I just hope somebody picks him up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, some random dude about Kluwe:

It was because of your outspoken support of JRPGs, wasn't it.

I tried looking at punter stats to see who'd possibly take him, but I have no clue what's even important, and how much team tactics play into their specific stats, so I gave up. We'll see, worst case scenario he'll get called up at some point if some punter gets an injury. I mean he's the top punter on the free market, I think?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that the Niners won't, Andy Lee is a beast, but if I was a fan of a team looking for a punter, I wouldn't mind him.

Also, looking ahead to next years draft (Already I know, for shame) The Niners may have six picks in the first three rounds. The three belonging to them in the first place, a conditional second or third pending on the KC goes 8-8 or under, Tennessee's third rounder for the trade in the second this year, and a possible third round comp pick for Dashon Goldson. Sweet Zombie Jesus. San Francisco; Trent Baalke and Jim Harbaugh are turning it into New England MKII, get ALL the draft picks.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Seahawks' punter is great so I don't see us doing anything with him.

Personally I won't be surprised if he doesn't land a NFL job.