10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    They are thumbnails, click them

Unless...they weren't properly linked at the time you posted that...
    Nope ^^
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    This is true. Even an 'expensive' bequiet is nowhere near flat:
    Which is why you need TIM. Basically only why.

TIM is there to act as a heat transfer medium to ensure an even transfer regardless of the curvature or scratchedness of the contact surfaces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    TIM is there to act as a heat transfer medium to ensure an even transfer regardless of the curvature or scratchedness of the contact surfaces.
    Hmm no not really. If given 2 perfectly flat surfaces, the heat transfer would be better (as it would represent the closest thing to being actually connected). TIM is there to fill up the imperfections.

I could probably run my setup without TIM, but i daren't try.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    They are thumbnails, click them

Unless...they weren't properly linked at the time you posted that...
    They weren't, but I realized that immediately and reposted them. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaw0050 View Post
    I've posted in this thread, but that was a couple of years ago and my setup has drastically changed since then. So I figured I'd give it an update.
    i've used that same wallpaper

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    I could probably run my setup without TIM, but i daren't try.
    no, the kind of bond you would need to run without TIM would need to be at the molecular level, and your heatsink would be permanently attached to the CPU if it was

even if your CPU and heatsink are mirror smooth, at the microscopic level they are not, if you have access to a high power microscope, take a look

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    no, the kind of bond you would need to run without TIM would need to be at the molecular level, and your heatsink would be permanently attached to the CPU if it was

even if your CPU and heatsink are mirror smooth, at the microscopic level they are not, if you have access to a high power microscope, take a look
    Yeah, it's kind of awesome to think that you're not actually touching the chair that you're sitting on, but you're feeling the force of the atoms repelling you away from it.

The only way to actually "touch" an object would for it to be chemically bonded by melting things into each other.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    The only way to actually "touch" an object would for it to be chemically bonded by melting things into each other.
    And that is why it is a pain to play TAG with a physicist.

Seriously though, if you want to continue the discussion on heatsinks, lapping and delidding CPUs I would strongly suggest creating a new thread. This is getting a bit off-topic.

did i Little upgrade on my system........... just got a Palit GeForce GTX 680 Jetstream for only 333 euro at Palit GeForce GTX 680 Jetstream

just hope they have more back in 14 days so i can order on more for sli setup
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    did i Little upgrade on my system........... just got a Palit GeForce GTX 680 Jetstream for only 333 euro at Palit GeForce GTX 680 Jetstream

just hope they have more back in 14 days so i can order on more for sli setup
    Wow that's really cheap, congrats getting that

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Wow that's really cheap, congrats getting that
    Thanks

i grabbed my visa right away when i saw the Price.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by shaw0050 View Post
    I've posted in this thread, but that was a couple of years ago and my setup has drastically changed since then. So I figured I'd give it an update.

Computer
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.00ghz
    CPU Cooler: Antec Kuhler H20 620 Liquid Cooling Loop
    GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gbs @ 1866mhz
    Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm
    HDD2: Western Digital Velociraptor 150gb 10000rpm
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
    ODD: Asus BD-ROM Drive
    PSU: Corsair TX650M Semi-Modular
    Case: Corsair White Graphite 600T

Peripherals
    Keyboard: Corsair K90
    Mouse: Razer Naga Molten Edition
    Headset: Razer Chimaera
    Monitors: LG 23EA63 IPS Panel x3

That is very sexy, sir.

Deleted
    got some new pieces for my computer!

h100i, 3570k, 670 FTW 2, MSI Z77 G45 Gaming motherboard, 4x4gb 2133 Patriot RAM, AX850 Corsair PSU with white cables and it's all in a Fractal R4. only annoyance is that I overlooked my sound card. I did have an asus xonar D1 but my motherboard doesn't have any PCI slots.

gonna clean up some of the cabling when I get my new fans on monday. Just threw it together so I could see if it all worked!

edit: does it matter which way I mount the h100i? everyone else seems to mount the pipes at the back of the case, rather than they way I did it, cheers
    Last edited by mmoce6d6d6a277; 2013-05-11 at 04:28 PM.

Drunkenvalley hasn't posted any shity zoomed in pictures or random nuts and bolts for a while, this thread is slipping.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post

edit: does it matter which way I mount the h100i? everyone else seems to mount the pipes at the back of the case, rather than they way I did it, cheers
    I would mount the fans so they pulling air through the radiator and out the case, easy to clean as well since you just need to dust off the radiator (from bottom and up radiator, fans, case top).

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he means the hose direction? I dont think it matters at all tbh, but i could be wrong.

Deleted
    ya, hose direction, my bad. wasn't sure if i should put the hoses at the back or front of the case. everyone seems to put them towards the back.

10+ Year Old Account
    hose direction doesn't matter

Quote Originally Posted by Castia View Post
    Drunkenvalley hasn't posted any shity zoomed in pictures or random nuts and bolts for a while, this thread is slipping.
    Really now. =.=

HAH! There is dust on that case!

<3