Heroic Twins 10m

We started pulls on H twins tonight on 10m (maybe had 10 pulls before our raid ended) and we made good progress for not doing much research before tonight. Now before we go back in tomorrow I was wondering if anyone had any tips for the fight. When have people found to be the best time to use the Celestial buffs? We used the tiger on the first tidal force but weren't sure what to use to survive the second. Should we be using large defensives for that second tidal wave and have serpent or ox up as well? How many total tidal waves will we face during the transition?

Any suggestions and tips would be appreciated!
    Aerzara, Discipline Priest
    <Modest> 14/14H - US 2nd 10m Guild

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me preface what I'm about to say with this: I have not put in pulls on this boss yet and I will not put in pulls on this boss for a while, I just happen to like knowing bosses, and I learn things quite fast.

Crane is generally a good idea to use when you can hit both, Serpent when there's high damage going out.
    Besides that, it depends on your strategy. Tiger should be used (in my opinion) on the tidal waves, with either Serpent or ox on the 2nd (and 3rd if you get that).

Idealy you should only get 2 Tidal Waves, and I'd suggest using personals and raid CD's for the 2nd one where dodging them isn't a possibility as they do hurt very much.

Best of luck to you.

Tiger first tidal, yellow 2nd, green 1st NI in P3, red at the end of the phase
    using blue during 2nd tears helps to get through p2/p3 faster, and you don't use it anywhere else

Ok, things we learned when progressing this fight.

Our tactic revolved around using the first comet to reduce stacks and the second comet for Inferno. Which is really the way its intended, however some pulls we only got 1 comet, or comet was early or late or whatever, and we got fed up with the randomness of it.

So, here's a big tip, use every second Comet for Nuclear Inferno, whilst using every comet for reducing stacks (Inferno soaking comets should be used after Inferno is done obviously) and in order to remove the randomness of the comets and make it so you have comets up all the time, use Xuen at the start of day phase.
    It'll slow everything down and make a Inferno without comet survivable too. All celestials reset at Dawn phase anyway.

In the Dawn phase just use Xuen early again, and it will be up for Tidal Wave. For the second tidal wave have people using CDs to survive it and make sure not to move too much, Tidal wave works kinda like Death Spray on Sha, it needs to cover most of the room before hitting the same place twice.

Use Crane when you feel like it without delaying anything else, same with Serpent. We use Crane at the pull, Serpent after we use Tiger in the Day Phase. The Ox should be used to combat the second Tidal Wave, it'll help with the healing.

I'm assuming you got Night Phase under control but just post if you want anything else.

The last night phase is really just a dps race, so its nothing special. The fight is about getting past Day phase, which is kinda easy with an early Tiger, and then get thru Dawn, hurts alot.

Edit: www.twitch.tv/loxxiewow/c/2247336 Link to our latest kill, if you want to see what I've written in action
    Last edited by Loxxie; 2013-05-06 at 06:54 AM.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah night phase isn't a big deal for us at the moment, just need to make sure ranged is topped before those later cosmic stars.

Will there be 2 or 3 tidal waves we'll have to face?

Keep in mind that Crane does no damage whatsoever to the bosses, all it's useful for are the small adds.
    How we do it in 25-man (Guess the order is pretty much the same):
    - Xuen on the second Tears of the Sun
    - Crane at the start of day phase to keep doing single target on bosses and avoiding AoE on adds alltogether
    - Serpent on the second Nuclear Inferno (for healers' mana)
    Dusk phase:
    - Xuen on the first Tidal Waves
    - Serpent on the first Nuclear Inferno
    - Ox on the second Tidal Waves (well, we're always killing Suen before this so it's usually not needed)
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2013-05-06 at 03:40 PM.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Keep in mind that Crane does no damage whatsoever to the bosses, all it's useful for are the small adds.
    How we do it in 25-man (Guess the order is pretty much the same):
    - Xuen on the second Tears of the Sun
    - Crane at the start of day phase to keep doing single target on bosses and avoiding AoE on adds alltogether
    - Serpent on the second Nuclear Inferno (for healers' mana)
    Dusk phase:
    - Xuen on the first Tidal Waves
    - Serpent on the first Nuclear Inferno
    - Ox on the second Tidal Waves (well, we're always killing Suen before this so it's usually not needed)
    The crane doesn't do dmg to the small adds.

Deleted
    Afaik the crane does damage to the boss/es and does not do any dmg to the adds.

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    Afaik the crane does damage to the boss/es and does not do any dmg to the adds.
    Can the cranes kill comets? Cause we had an attempt last night when learning where the comet we were planning to hide behind (and were not near) ended up dying. Cranes were out at that point, and that was all we could assume happened...was very odd, and we were a bit perplexed as we all melted. Oops.

Ended up killing the fight in 4 attempts, but pushed ~10 sec past zerk due to some deaths in phase 3, so looking for tips on celestial timing to clean up future kills. We only used them all once, even though they reset, as some people thought it wouldn't be worth the DPS time lost via drawing. It worked, but wasn't pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Can the cranes kill comets? Cause we had an attempt last night when learning where the comet we were planning to hide behind (and were not near) ended up dying. Cranes were out at that point, and that was all we could assume happened...was very odd, and we were a bit perplexed as we all melted. Oops.
    Nope. You must have had a few people or the boss too close. The range to melt it is pretty large.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Nope. You must have had a few people or the boss too close. The range to melt it is pretty large.
    Good to know. Didn't happen again, so whoever was too close and didn't speak up must have corrected
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Learned tonight during our pre-kill attempt that if you're standing very near or behind a comet and she charges you, it will kill the comet. So just make sure everyone is not anywhere near a comet when she does it. If so, goodbye comet. It was a satisfying kill none the less. Little bit of a DPS race.

Kept hitting the enrage but switched to 2 heals and got the kill. Thanks for the tips everyone.

We're going after this tonight. Planning on 2 healing it.

I found a post a few days ago where someone had kindly put in specific timings for when to start the different celestials, but I'm having some trouble re-finding this information.

I don't suppose anyone recalls such a post, or perhaps the poster will see this and can assist

Quote Originally Posted by Devboy View Post
    We're going after this tonight. Planning on 2 healing it.

I found a post a few days ago where someone had kindly put in specific timings for when to start the different celestials, but I'm having some trouble re-finding this information.

I don't suppose anyone recalls such a post, or perhaps the poster will see this and can assist
    This is how we do it:

Night
    Nothing

Day
    • Xenu (tiger) for first Nuclear Inferno (go in at -25s, then delay popping the last star until just before Nuclear Inferno casts)
    • Yu'lon (serpent) for second Nuclear Inferno (go in at -20s, then delay popping the last star until just before Nuclear Inferno casts)
    • Chi-ji (crane) whenever (just make sure it's more than -35s from Dusk or Celestials might bug out)

Dusk
    • Xenu for first Tidal Force (go in as soon as Dusk starts, then delay popping the last star until just before Tidal Force casts)
    • Yu'lon for second Tidal Force (go in at -20s, then delay popping the last star until just before Tidal Force casts)
    • Chi-ji whenever

This is how we do it:

Night
    Nothing

Day
    • Xenu (tiger) for first Nuclear Inferno (go in at -25s, then delay popping the last star until just before Nuclear Inferno casts)
    • Yu'lon (serpent) for second Nuclear Inferno (go in at -20s, then delay popping the last star until just before Nuclear Inferno casts)
    • Chi-ji (crane) whenever (just make sure it's more than -35s from Dusk or Celestials might bug out)

Dusk
    • Xenu for first Tidal Force (go in as soon as Dusk starts, then delay popping the last star until just before Tidal Force casts)
    • Yu'lon for second Tidal Force (go in at -20s, then delay popping the last star until just before Tidal Force casts)
    • Chi-ji whenever
    Thanks a lot for that. One shot it using this tactic

This is how we do it:

Night
    Nothing

Day

Dusk
    • Chi-ji whenever

We're going for twins HC tonight for the first time and will be using this tactic.
    I just have one question: when should we use Heroism?

Quote Originally Posted by Carolainz View Post
    We're going for twins HC tonight for the first time and will be using this tactic.
    I just have one question: when should we use Heroism?
    We use it right when day starts since that's when you'll have the most uptime. Some do it right at dusk since you can hit two targets, but there's a lot more going on during that phase.

We use it right when day starts since that's when you'll have the most uptime. Some do it right at dusk since you can hit two targets, but there's a lot more going on during that phase.
    Thanks for the tip. Unfortunatly we had 1 hour and 30 minutes of wipes and couldn't even reach p2 with everyone alive since healers can't keep us healthy for some reason, even if someone is discovering most of the adds. We need an average of 60 wipes per boss until everyone gets their shit right, so it's going to take us a while