I accidentally uninstalled wow, help!

Hey guys, I was on my uninstall program filter, and I managed to click uninstall wow and it wasnt even cancel? It just instantly removed it. Does this mean that I have to install it all over? 22GB -.-

15+ Year Old Account
    uhm... yes.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    Yes.

But your addon settings are probably saved in the location where your wow was. Backup the wtf and interface folders before reinstalling it again. ... they are your settings and addons, so you can just put them back after reinstall.

Deleted
    Your fate (or maybe subconsious) gives you a chance to quit WoW and get a life!
    Use that chance wisely!

Quote Originally Posted by Vetly View Post
    Does this mean that I have to install it all over? 22GB -.-
    Nope, it doesn't. Of course you can't play it then, but you don't have to install it.

10+ Year Old Account
    if it is fully removed from your system you will have to redownload it and install it and get it patched up to date.

22gb. have fun!
    Hi

Deleted
    You may find that if you download and reinstall the launcher, that the data is still there, or at least the consequent patch data is still there even if the initial download isn't. It really should have asked for a prompt though, especially since the program is too big for the recycle bin so I'm not sure why it didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    ummm get an updated copy from a friend...problem solved easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    download it from the battlenet website, doesn't really take long anymore since you can start playing before its finished downloading.
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    Yes. And it's a sign.

Nah you don't have to download it again, just cancel your sub if you choose not to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either use this as an opportunity to escape or re-install it

The opportunity window is short though, took me less that an hour to re-download the thing last time I did it

im thinking a disk recovery tool may work though it time consuming and may corrupt. just install again.

Just reinstall It , really opening a thread?
    It takes 1-2h tops...

Deleted
    Technicly as far as I know instant removal only tells windows that the space previously occupied by your WoW installation is now free to use.
    So no data has in essence been overwritten, as far as I know there are programs that can recover the data.

If you want to completely delete data it is best to use a disc eraser program that overwrites the memoryblocks with random data 30 times.

On a side note it was/is a common problem that institutions and public departments throw out their old pcs and harddiscs without properly deleting the data, making it easy to recover for people with nefarious thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    You may find that if you download and reinstall the launcher, that the data is still there, or at least the consequent patch data is still there even if the initial download isn't. It really should have asked for a prompt though, especially since the program is too big for the recycle bin so I'm not sure why it didn't.
    Starting the digital download will first install the launcher. After the installation is then halted, and the launcher is restarted - it may or may not require the full download to begin again, depending on whether or not the data is still present on the system. If the game is not present, then I would recommend just letting it redownload - or you can try to copy the files over from a friend who has it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you can do a system restore.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Maybe you can do a system restore.

I don't recommend this