Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amuramie View Post
    Don't forget Sylvanas. She has a...*sunglasses* bone to pick.
    I guess once he's dead, Garrosh will...*sunglasses* plague her no longer?

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is, with the exception of the aspects, any single player character is far more experienced and powerful that almost all the Lore characters. Sure they may have done some cool stuff in books or in the WC games but really we're the backbone of the heroics world now. After all if your character has been around since the start it has participated in any number of massive boss fights and raids. Sure some final fights are an exception, cant kill LK without Tirion breaking the sword, and can't kill DW without the Dragon Soul, but Garrosh should be ours to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    The funny thing is, with the exception of the aspects, any single player character is far more experienced and powerful that almost all the Lore characters. Sure they may have done some cool stuff in books or in the WC games but really we're the backbone of the heroics world now. After all if your character has been around since the start it has participated in any number of massive boss fights and raids. Sure some final fights are an exception, cant kill LK without Tirion breaking the sword, and can't kill DW without the Dragon Soul, but Garrosh should be ours to kill.
    I disagree with the bolded part. Sure, our characters have done a lot, but our mages are no Jaina Proudmoore, our paladins aren't as strong as uther or Turalyon, none of our warriors would best Varian or Garrosh. We're middle tier sort of. Sure, we're more powerful than most in our faction, but I wouldn't put our players on the same tier as major lore characters. And canonically, it's always our characters carrying out these feats in a small army, not us going up and 2 manning LK or anything like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Over various threads, several people have suggested that Garrosh might not die. The more I think about it, the more I like this option.

On topic, however, I would expect to see Varian, Anduin, Jaina, Vol'jin, and Lor'themar involved. Maybe Lorewalker Cho, too. I honestly would not mind if we help each of the six of them in a separate fight. Now, this boss being the most, well. mortal of all the end-expansion bosses, I actually think we do have a chance against him without direct intervention. Maybe lore will say "and he was torn apart by an angry mob". That'd be fun! I've always wanted to be part of an angry mob! But if he is to die, and it is to be a lore character that did it, my bet would be Vol'jin.
    -- Jaina already had her chance in a Knaak book. Making her come back and do it for real seems spotlight-hogging.
    -- Varian, ditto.
    -- Anduin, I don't see him killing Garrosh. Capturing, maybe, but not a kill.
    -- Lor'themar seems a bit more focussed on his own people, and besides, has had his day in the sun with the Isle.
    -- and Cho doesn't fight.
    -- Vol'jin directly threatened to kill Garrosh to his face. He'll have, what, a couple of scenarios in 5.3? He needs more than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I disagree with the bolded part. Sure, our characters have done a lot, but our mages are no Jaina Proudmoore, our paladins aren't as strong as uther or Turalyon, none of our warriors would best Varian or Garrosh. We're middle tier sort of. Sure, we're more powerful than most in our faction, but I wouldn't put our players on the same tier as major lore characters. And canonically, it's always our characters carrying out these feats in a small army, not us going up and 2 manning LK or anything like that.
    Thing is though, what exactly makes them so powerful? Varian and Garrosh are just two normal warriors (minus that whole wolf-god avatar thing and his magic sword), Jaina is just a typical mage, one who has been through a lot, but not more than any player mage really. I think when you really break it down, there isn't really anything that makes these characters more powerful, we're just limited by the fact it would be silly for us to 2 man LK or Garrosh.

We did actually kill Lei Shen without any help, which is kinda funny because he slayed King's and God's before. Would've been cool if atleast Taran Zhu helped us in that fight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    But that still doesnt make us POWERFUL then for example Thrall, Sylvanas, Garrosh, Maiev etc. They are Bosses, they are STRONGEST characters in wow so thats why we need to be TOGETHER to kill single guy with help of OTHER NPC. We might be experienced and Wise but in most place we go we find ourselves totally newbies because there are so many culture and people around Azeroth and other Planets.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Its why i don't want Sargeras to ever be an end boss, it would require so much help to kill him that we may as well not be there. That and there should be something unkillable in the universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Over various threads, several people have suggested that Garrosh might not die. The more I think about it, the more I like this option.

On topic, however, I would expect to see Varian, Anduin, Jaina, Vol'jin, and Lor'themar involved. Maybe Lorewalker Cho, too. I honestly would not mind if we help each of the six of them in a separate fight. Now, this boss being the most, well. mortal of all the end-expansion bosses, I actually think we do have a chance against him without direct intervention. Maybe lore will say "and he was torn apart by an angry mob". That'd be fun! I've always wanted to be part of an angry mob! But if he is to die, and it is to be a lore character that did it, my bet would be Vol'jin.
    -- Jaina already had her chance in a Knaak book. Making her come back and do it for real seems spotlight-hogging.
    -- Varian, ditto.
    -- Anduin, I don't see him killing Garrosh. Capturing, maybe, but not a kill.
    -- Lor'themar seems a bit more focussed on his own people, and besides, has had his day in the sun with the Isle.
    -- and Cho doesn't fight.
    -- Vol'jin directly threatened to kill Garrosh to his face. He'll have, what, a couple of scenarios in 5.3? He needs more than that.
    What about Baine ? Dont forget Baine, he has to take his Revenge. Vol'jin and Baine have most good reasons to set his head aside fro his shoulders.

But I, too consider that Garrosh might not die ! ! He might be captured or even Flee for further "revolution". The main thing that will happen in 5.4 is that we will free Horde from Garroshs Tyrannical Regime not killing him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    What about Baine ? Dont forget Baine, he has to take his Revenge. Vol'jin and Baine have most good reasons to set his head aside fro his shoulders.

But I, too consider that Garrosh might not die ! ! He might be captured or even Flee for further "revolution". The main thing that will happen in 5.4 is that we will free Horde from Garroshs Tyrannical Regime not killing him.
    I actually like that.

Would be interesting if Garrosh actually managed to escape and then proceeded to wage Guerrilla war on the "usurper" Horde 8).

(And maybe even side with whichever villain comes next xpac)

Wait a few expansion and you can solo everything.

In game power is meaningless when it comes to lore.

gallywix!

he is gonna safe the day!

then he gets paid wel for the job. payment 20k from every raid member

Well, Jaina does have the new shiny insanely powerful staff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    gallywix!

he is gonna safe the day!

then he gets paid wel for the job. payment 20k from every raid member
    Gallywix will side with Garrosh ! He likes Garrosh as he keeps his pockets full and his soul happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    So looking back at the final bosses in every expansion since Vanilla, we needed help to kill them.
    I'm talking about in the final raid of every boss.

In BC: We needed Maiev's help with Illidan.
    In WoTLK: We needed Tirion's help (aka miracle) with the Lich King.
    In DS: We needed all the aspects + thrall + the dragon soul to help with Deathwing...

So...who or what will help our raid kill Garrosh? Because God forbid they actually let an entire raid take down something without NPC help...
    The problem is that you think the players are the main characters, they arn't. We are the grunts and peons that help the Lore characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    The problem is that you think the players are the main characters, they arn't. We are the grunts and peons that help the Lore characters.
    That's how I always pictured it.

Like, remember when you'd go to your unit buildings in the RTS? IT's just like WoW! Go to your Barracks and pop a Footman! There! That's that Warrior in your raid group always bitching about not getting his Weapons !

Also, since the only Paladin units were heroes (Arthas, Uther and the random heroes modelled after Uther) I therefore proclaim all Paladins are Heroes. The rest of you are peons. BOW DOWN!

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Player characters aren't grunts and peons. They're between the major lore figures and the grunts/peons.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Thrall wasn't much for a help, kept frigging dropping us all the damned time.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Player characters aren't grunts and peons. They're between the major lore figures and the grunts/peons.
    Precisely. One example I'd use is to compare it to Superheroes. We're not Superman, Batman and Wonderwoman, but B-list heroes. We're the plastic mans and Green Arrows of Azeroth. Ok I don't know much about super heroes so maybe I'm not using good examples. The point is we're super heroes, but lower tier super heroes, while the main lore characters are the A list guys.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    The point is we're super heroes, but lower tier super heroes, while the main lore characters are the A list guys.
    Kinda funny seeing as the players are the ones accomplishin everythin

As to OP, it works the other way around to, lore characters cant do anything without us
    Look at ToT, all of Jaina's and Lorethmar's assualts would have failed without us players carrying them
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2013-05-07 at 01:05 AM.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"