Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping for battlefront 3...but if Bioware is involved I have seriois doubts that'll be the case.

Here's to hoping they put out another Jedi Knight game. After so many years of waiting for a sequel, I don't even care anymore if it's EA publishing it.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Battlefield Coruscant - NEW DLC AVAILABLE - 2 maps and 3 new weapons - only 19,95 !
    Need for Speed: Podracer - NEW DLC AVAILABLE - 2 tracks and 4 new pods - only 24,95!
    Knights of the old Republic 3: Something something dark side - NEW DLC AVAILABLE - 35 Minutes of new enhanced gameplay and a new character that totally doesn't explain any of the unanswered questions of the main game and totally isn't story-relevant! Really! Only 19,95 !
    Star Wars: Empire at War II : NEW F2P GAME AVAILABLE! Buy the At-At Devastator pack for only 9,95 and obliterate your enemys with ground-mounted Death Star Lasers!

I guess I missed something last 10 years seing the hype inn this thread. Played one starwars game when I was like 7-10 year's old, can't quit renember. Space and Sci-fi never really appealed to me either trough.

Nothing to see here trough from my POV. 2 giants going together to make more money.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    While I despise EA, I have enjoyed some of their games. Yeah microtransactions suck and I avoid that at all costs, but meh we will see.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Well, they already raped the SW IP. How bad could it truly get?

Deleted
    Swtor 2.0, it's bound to have terrible costumer service and be bug-ridden. No thank you.

Deleted
    not buying EA again.. even if i have to miss out on fifa

Deleted
    http://kotaku.com/the-last-months-of...arts-472038151

About battlefront 3, it was already in development when lucasarts got shut down referred to as a internal project called "Version 2", hoping that project gets rebooted or picked up by DICE preferably as this License would allow EA to do so. The leaked footage so far looks pretty sweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Bioware is THE developer for RPG. credentials? Baldur's Gate, neverwinter nights, KOTOR, dragon's age, Mass Effect. Only dev with such impressive record track in RPG are square-enix and bethesda. square are more J-RPG and bethesda focus on open world more than story.

DICE is mostly known the battlefield series, as well as mirror's edge, some need for speed and medal of honor. One thing for sure, they have shown their mastery of the frostbyte engine. BF3 is technically superb.

Visceral is mostly known for Dead Space series. Now i only played the first one, it seems a bit clunky and rigid but the game was fun and story decent. I heard the following dead space are more dynamic and less horror. It's a design choice, but i believe they have a good technical expertise to make a Scy Fy TPS.
    i'm not against any of them, they doing something from SW is great for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, it is EA, which has pretty much destroyed any form for trust I previously had a couple years back. I really do not like this trend, where the major companies buys up others/series and milks it. Often with disastrous results in regards to the end product. Ah well, I never were a major Star Wars fan after N64 were taken of the shelf.

So, don't buy any SW games for the coming 5 years or so, cheers for the heads up.

That's a real shame. I won't be buying any Star Wars games anymore, it seems. :/

Deleted
    Omg. Here comes $60 DLC with NEW COLOR lightsabers! Right. Instead of peacefully burying the franchise - they'll just start beating the horse now. This makes me sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the game is good I don't care who publishes it.

I also don't care about always online and I don't judge games on release day problems.

I'm not a fan of DLC though, but if a game is good, it's worth it, so I also don't care about that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    http://kotaku.com/the-last-months-of...arts-472038151

About battlefront 3, it was already in development when lucasarts got shut down referred to as a internal project called "Version 2", hoping that project gets rebooted or picked up by DICE preferably as this License would allow EA to do so. The leaked footage so far looks pretty sweet.
    IF those guys made up a kickstarter deal there would be milions of $$$ geting in their hands. Not too say game would be polished.
    I realy wonder why they didnt do that.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I'd say the answer to that question will be a third option, Disney. Just because EA has exclusive rights to develop video games doesn't mean Disney won't force them to take "lore" in certain directions. Much the same way Lucas and Lucas Arts had a major role in lore and story of everything else Star Wars. Many of the EU books had to be approved by Lucas Arts or re-written until it went a direction they liked.
    Oh Disney is hardly the hippie in the room, but compared to EA? I sincerely hope Disney does put the screws to EA on every single design decision in every single title. Now as far as the picture? Let's see, DICE, Visceral, BioWare, and conspicuously absent from the pic, Maxis? If you look at their latest efforts you can see the rot. Which is why I linked reviews to those titles in case some needed more info.

It is EA. Whose management is so screwed up that DS3 supposedly needed five million fans just to keep it from becoming "financially difficult." If you need around three hundred million to make a game worth it? There is something very wrong with your development and marketing spending. A company that needed five hundred thousand subscribers, over seven million a month, for TOR just to make a profit?

Management so deluded, that they actually tried to claim SimCity was an MMO. EA isn't evil, they are delusional. And for fans, like me, still dreaming of a TIE Fighter II? EA's binge and purge behavior is hardly the sort I would want to have the license for an IP as already abused as Star Wars has been.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Bioware is THE developer for RPG. credentials? Baldur's Gate, neverwinter nights, KOTOR, dragon's age, Mass Effect. Only dev with such impressive record track in RPG are square-enix and bethesda. square are more J-RPG and bethesda focus on open world more than story.
    Baldur's Gate hasnt been relevant for about 10 years. Dragons Age 1 was alright. Dragons age 2 was a lazy rushed piece of crap. Mass Effect stopped really being an RPG after 1.

Bioware is NOT the developer for RPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    As long as the game is good I don't care who publishes it.

I also don't care about always online and I don't judge games on release day problems.

I'm not a fan of DLC though, but if a game is good, it's worth it, so I also don't care about that
    I kind of agree. If the game is good, I don't care if it's EA that publishes it. I also don't care about DLC; I'll pay for good DLC.
    I do care about always online and release day problems, though. A lot.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    IF those guys made up a kickstarter deal there would be milions of $$$ geting in their hands. Not too say game would be polished.
    I realy wonder why they didnt do that.
    They'd need to acquire rights from Disney. Who knows what kind of ridiculous prices they charge?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Baldur's Gate hasnt been relevant for about 10 years. Dragons Age 1 was alright. Dragons age 2 was a lazy rushed piece of crap. Mass Effect stopped really being an RPG after 1.

Bioware is NOT the developer for RPG.
    Not to mention the purging they got after TOR flopped. Both of BioWare's founders, and some key devs like Daniel Erickson, are gone.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.