Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What is the most dps oriented healer?

I am looking for a healer who can do some pressure/damage when fighting in 1v1 situations/duels and not just heal. As a Holy paladin I can live forever, but also I'm not able to kill anyone, even if the fight lasts 5 minutes . So, is there a healer who can win a duel or do some damage? No matter if the fight would last for minutes.
    Discipline Priest maybe (you can dps and heal others and self via Attonement), or Mw monk? I don't know much about Resto shaman. Resto druid, if he fights in cat form? Holy Priest with dps chakra (forgot the name), but then I sacrifice 20% healing for more damage and my survivability will suffer a lot... Any suggestions?

PvP power gives 0% dmg to healer specs unfortunately. Some specs do decent damage in PvE (mistweaver), but they all suck dik in PvP (because PvP power doesn't give dmg to healers).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    PvP power gives 0% dmg to healer specs unfortunately. Some specs do decent damage in PvE (mistweaver), but they all suck dik in PvP (because PvP power doesn't give dmg to healers).
    Didn't realise healers didn't get any increased damage from PvP Power, I thought they were still giving Hybrid DPS at least a small bonus to off heals through PvP Power?

tis a bit lame, back in TBC when I did a lot of PvP as a Resto Druid I played a really offenssive spec and was throwing quite a lot of pressure out with blanket dots and stuff =/

I think dps wise disc and MW are best, but without PvP power affecting things in PvP you'll struggle to really throw any serious numbers out, and then the heals off of that will be just as small =/

I believe pvp power currently scales like this:
    Pure DPS/TANK = +100% to dmg, +0% to heal
    Hybrid DPS = +100% to dmg, +25% to heal
    Healer = +0% to dmg, +50% to heal

Deleted
    So, there is no way to take down a dps class/spec with a healer in a duel?

Unlike BC/wotlk, where healers could do some decent damage, the selfheal/absorbs of pretty much all dps classes combined with 0 +dmg from PVP power makes it pretty much impossible to kill a dps as healer (unless of course you overgear him, but this applies everywhere).

Monks and Disc Priests do some quite good damage. I've watched Hydra (disc priest) stream before and his partner will die to something like a rogue/hunter team with very little self heals and he'll go on to kill them with holy fire, smite, penance and death.

Disc I suppose. Damage ain't high but Penance + Holy Fire is still pretty nice if you want to finish off somebody.

EDIT: I take that back, didn't think of Monks, they're like a melee healer IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    So, there is no way to take down a dps class/spec with a healer in a duel?
    If you're willing to wait 6 minutes in between duels, Resto Druids can easily get 1v1 kills with Heart of the Wild up.

Disc is awesome, I have killed many in arena as disc when my partner dies and the other teams partner dies. Disc for sure can do it.

I've lost to a mistweaver in a duel. I'm a shadow priest. I had no idea what to do lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    If you're willing to wait 6 minutes in between duels, Resto Druids can easily get 1v1 kills with Heart of the Wild up.
    Agree with this... There is a long thread on Arena Junkies with people bitching about a resto druid hitting with 100K wraths using Heart of the Wild.

And here is a thread with a link to a monk mistweaver beating a hunter.
    Last edited by warlockiii; 2013-05-07 at 03:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mistweaver can do a good amount of sustained damage, burst is good also with tiger(3min cd) heres one of my ss where I got both killing blows.
    http://i.imgur.com/ae0jGDEl.jpg

I also have not lost to a melee in 1v1 fight, once in 2's I soloed a warrior(got through second wind) and killed him. I was oom so I decided to put all my cards in one place and it worked.

Boomkin is also a good dps healer, grab hotw and cenarion ward, and you can do an okayish amount of healing. One of the best things is it is almost impossible to go oom as a boomkin.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-05-07 at 03:57 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Druids w/HotW

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    tis a bit lame, back in TBC when I did a lot of PvP as a Resto Druid I played a really offenssive spec and was throwing quite a lot of pressure out with blanket dots and stuff =/
    Back when Insect Swarm also had that hit chance debuff... I miss it. I can barely stand to PVP on my resto druid anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resto druid > Disc priest > MW monk for healers who are able to do a lot of pressure.

Resto druid because of heart of the wild = insane damage.
    Disc priest because of mass dispel, dispels and smite/holy fire.
    MW monk because of the steady DPS they can do, don't underestimate their damage + slow and root + paralysis.

As someone who plays a Resto, I can see that if we can free cast Wraths we can do a crap ton of damage, but how exactly are you free casting that much in a duel? With so many root breakers and interrupts/silences, I just don't have time to get few off within a HotW.

I tend to only duel melee though, so perhaps that's the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    As someone who plays a Resto, I can see that if we can free cast Wraths we can do a crap ton of damage, but how exactly are you free casting that much in a duel? With so many root breakers and interrupts/silences, I just don't have time to get few off within a HotW.

I tend to only duel melee though, so perhaps that's the issue.
    When I duel people as Resto (rarely) and have HotW up, I put up Moonfire, then go Cat and get Rake up, then heal myself back to full, go back to Cat and stack Combo points, then heal back up, then back to Cat for a Ferocious Bite. If you get Crit lucky, that'll do a ton of damage. If you're playing against a class with good self heals, you're probably not getting a kill anyway, but Cat Form is what's going to get the kill if it happens.

Don't know why there is any discussion at all. Mistweaver does the most dmg by far. ~30k+ crit ticks every ~0,9sec with CJL alone. Chi wave is good damage, too. Against melees you can fistweave. And you don't need any cooldowns at all, it's just sustained damage nonstop. Additionally your damage uptime is particularly high, because you can top yourself from low hp to full in a few seconds with healing spheres.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mistweavers have the highest effective pressure of the healers by far - but Disc has better burst. Those two are your best options by a notable distance. The mistweaver I play with has sometimes out-damaged (overall) our rogue when she's just sitting on an enemy healer (or she likes moonkins too) punching / interrupting / cc'ing. Disc has higher burst via Mindbender+Penance+Holy Fire - which is part of why Thugcleave and RMP are the top comps: in addition to how already colossally higher their burst cycles are between hunter/rogue and fmage/rogue, a top end disc can often exacerbate that 1m burst cycle in a way other healers can't (shadowdance/mindbender are both 1m, deep freeze is 30s) - and while a mistweaver can put our more damage than a disc overall (and probably better for 1v1'ing a dps) disc can do it from the safety of range: not walking into melee to get CC'd.

Mistweavers and Disc both have positives and negatives, but Disc is a top tier healer right now - while there is only something like 5 mistweavers over 2200 in the world this season last I looked - so for now Disc is the answer you are seeking.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter