Thread: Benedictus

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Benedictus

Why did they Corrupted Benedictus ? In many Lore and Novels he felt so much good person and reliable one. Why blizz picks a random VERY good character and Corrupts him?
    That is not fair.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

10+ Year Old Account
    Or Dead.

Yes a guy who behaves good can't be evil at heart...

It may be a shame, but wasn't all that bad, and certainly not unfair.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Or Dead.
    That is usually the last step, but my guess is he was chosen, because he was influential and such a good character, he showed once more, that even the most noble people can fall from grace etc.

It COULD have been a great story. But they scrapped the original version and instead of Varian or Stormwind confronting him after finding out about his evil, Thrall gets to do it because whynot.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    It COULD have been a great story. But they scrapped the original version and instead of Varian or Stormwind confronting him after finding out about his evil, Thrall gets to do it because whynot.
    Who knows why they had to shove everything in Thralls direction, it became really annoying over time, not as annoying as the stuff in Northrend but it came close. They waste so much potential with the Alliance and I simply don't get why.

10+ Year Old Account
    His Character could be Developed in good way. They corrupted him for one f*cking Novel and a Dungeon.

His Character could be Developed in good way. They corrupted him for one f*cking Novel and a Dungeon.
    They did it before, with far more important characters, like Kael for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did they Corrupted Benedictus ? In many Lore and Novels he felt so much good person and reliable one. Why blizz picks a random VERY good character and Corrupts him?
    That is not fair.
    You answered your own question. I always believed Blizzard did just that to shock players. Even a good and faithful man can be corrupted, that's the message.
    Personally i hated it. They shouldn't have killed him. WE shouldn't have killed him.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing took Stormwind's archbishop and he brought him down to their level. It wasn't hard. You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, it really seems to be how they always go. Crazy... I don't get it. But he was a good man for awhile just old and senile now

Deleted
    I thought the point was he has always been corrupted and deceived us all with his apparent goodness. Considering the Twilight Cult has existed for many many years now.

And they haven't even touched upon how his betrayal has affected the spiritual life of the Church.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeas I know they did it to My Favorite Character Maiev, but the point is that you are not allowed to Love Character because you never know in what he will turn into. Benedictus was good character, which couldnt be said about Kael'thas or Maiev. He was kind, warm person his life dedicated to Holy light and it seemed Light blessed him with his kindness after time. And they just took it and *smash* destroyed him. Wierdooo .

You should only love character who THEY (blizz) Love like Thrall Varian etc. others are just garbage and sooner or later will become mad and corrupted.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 10:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    And they haven't even touched upon how his betrayal has affected the spiritual life of the Church.
    Yes Totally Agree with you. Clap.

I still think it's not OOC for Maiev, who was arguably unhinged and definately unhealthily obsessed, doing what she did in Wolfheart. She hated Tyrande, and even lied about her dying, due to freeing Illidan. I can see her seeing the Highborne as filth and trying to kill them rather than allow them to contaminate NElf society again.

Bennedictus, we only get one line on his transition, his dying quote, I looked into the eyes of the dragon and despaired. There could have been a good story here. They could have just elaborated a little more, could have gone with the original confrontation with Varian, and actually show his betrayal having an impact on Stormwind's religious life, but instead all he does in game is give Staghelm a prophecy that Thrall will stand in Deathwing's way, and then show up for us to fight as a boss.

If I remember correctly but I could be dreaming one of the story devs said on twitter that they wish they had given his corruption more focus.unfortunatEly I cannot for the life of me remember who may have said that.

I remember in Cataclysm beta Grand Magister Rommath was supposed to join the Twilight's Hammer as well. They even had audio for it. WTF ever happened to that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They had photo's of him doing really nasty (really really nasty) things with anduin. So pretty much simple blackmail.

Quote Originally Posted by FeenixUnity View Post
    I remember in Cataclysm beta Grand Magister Rommath was supposed to join the Twilight's Hammer as well. They even had audio for it. WTF ever happened to that?
    I guess, the blood elves did not have that much notable characters, after they killed Kael off there were not as much notable characters left so they scrapped his corruption and gave him his role in the Dalaran purge instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    They had photo's of him doing really nasty (really really nasty) things with anduin. So pretty much simple blackmail.
    Can you take any subject seriously ?