Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Asian are different.
    They refuse to pay $25 realm transfer and $40 expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why they're so "we can't do this at all because of the names!" yet keep doing merges elsewhere, on the eastern servers. There are SO many realms that deserve to be closed on EU and US, so much faction imbalance too, yet the merges don't come here, but do come elsewhere.

Color me confused.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    I don't know why they're so "we can't do this at all because of the names!" yet keep doing merges elsewhere, on the eastern servers. There are SO many realms that deserve to be closed on EU and US, so much faction imbalance too, yet the merges don't come here, but do come elsewhere.

Color me confused.
    I think you'll find the answer in the post above yours.

What you also need to understand that the gameplay they expect are very different from what the majority expect here in the west. We like our solitude, they embrace openworld pvp and competition.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draahl View Post
    What you also need to understand that the gameplay they expect are very different from what the majority expect here in the west. We like our solitude, they embrace openworld pvp and competition.
    Think you mistake "we" with "I" - or solitude with privacy. Besides that it doesn´t help a whole lot if it means you can´t play the game properly.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

I am getting tired of the I like to play a MMO by myself with no one else around argument. That argument is invalid. It is counter to a MMORPG. Massive Multiplayer part seems to keep being left out. There are 246 US realms. Of them about 20 are really populated. Mine, Dragonmaw US according to WoWProgress PvE is tied at 103 as of yesterday. My server is beyond dead. In the last week 3 of the 4 remaining alliance guilds transferred. Horde had similar fate over the past month. At prime server time there are so few people online. There are no PUGs. There are no AH items. There are no RBGS. There are no Arenas. There are no characters out questing. It is dead. My point if my server is 103 out of 246, how god awful must it be for the 143 below mine?

If there are people who want dead servers, you can have Gurubashi US since its dead last on the list. The rest of us would prefer to see servers merged and something sooner rather than "Soon" because waiting for 2+years for a solution is total bull.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    I am getting tired of the I like to play a MMO by myself with no one else around argument. That argument is invalid. It is counter to a MMORPG..
    It may be counter, but with LFD, LFR, and solo quests, Blizzard has demonstrated they're OK with it. The only group quest in the game now is the one for the MOP legendary, and only raiders need to do it. Brawler's Guild is a solo PvE event. Hell, even old content has been nerfed so it can be soloed. This speaks volumes about the "demand" for merging servers. You can't force people to play together. You shouldn't want to. Handle your own game.

Most of the people whining...yes, whining..about merging servers act like they're too good to transfer.
    Last edited by darklady; 2013-05-07 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darklady View Post
    [/COLOR]
    Most of the people whining...yes, whining..about merging servers act like they're too good to transfer.
    Yes, I should have to spend 11 alliance characters + 11 horde characters on two accounts on my PvP server * $25 each to enjoy the MM aspect of an MMO. I am too good to transfer, maybe I cannot afford to transfer.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    Yes, I should have to spend 11 alliance characters + 11 horde characters on two accounts on my PvP server * $25 each to enjoy the MM aspect of an MMO. I am too good to transfer, maybe I cannot afford to transfer.
    Pffft. It's hard to believe you're actively playing that many toons. (You get a sense for this chyt after playing MMO's for awhile.) As for not affording it, gamers have a way of finding the money in their budgets if they want it badly enough, this includes paying for more than one subscription. If that sounds dismissive, I'm sorry, because I do understand wanting to keep all of your toons on the same realm. However, if you want to do raiding beyond LFR or arena PvP, you have to go to transfer to a more populated realm. Pick the toons you play the most and transfer like everyone else, myself included. That's just the way the game is now.

Unlike Korea, the US realms don't have enough people raiding beyond LFR To justify merging them. Same for arena, worse even, because PvP has always been an underdog on wow. Korean wow is ALL about the raids and the casual gamer is in the minority. It's the opposite in the USA, and the casual gamer can experience the game by queing up for chyt. It's just not cost effective for Blizzard to merge realms, and you don't need to be a finance professional to see that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost like two different companies run WoW in the West and East.

Look at all the changes that went live in Korea/China that haven't in the West.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Heres the English Translation:

Examined a variety of ways to improve the game's low population server environment and population growth, several steps, wow me wish people participating in the game environment is expected to create.
    For more information, we will notify you via a notice at each step, and each step is carried out before wow me who is a little bit faster, so you can be prepared as follows: comfortable will conduct a free server transfer.
    Free server previous methods
    It is the first free server migration to the previous character player who will be given more than the previous methods and schedule, we will guide you through further notice.
    Note guild server previously
    Guild server transfer for you to transfer the server is going to assist you. The server before the previous target server, please refer to the information below, please feel free to prepare.
    Previous guild server in order to receive benefits, and the Guildmaster need to migrate the server first, and for a little bit more specific on the procedures and will notify you through notice in the future.
    After a Battle.net account in order to apply for a guild server transfer Guildmaster Battle.net authenticator or mobile authenticator to have access to the game for more than 7 days must elapse. Delegated, even if delegated to the Guildmaster, you can proceed to the more than seven days must elapse before the guild.
    Previous list of free server
    Old server, the target server
    Eyigeu win (war) →
    Ragnaros war Hellscream
    Elune (war) →
    Blackrock (war) →
    Iona (war) → Deathwing
    Alexstrasza war →
    To Dalaran war →
    Malfurion Cenarius (war) →
    Nord Gannon (war) →
    Blackrock streaky war →
    (Horizontal or war) →
    → Illidan Stormrage (General)
    Wild Hammer (General) → Windrunner
    Reksareu (General) →
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

just wanna say, can they not solve the duplicate names things with battletags? is this not why they introduced them in the first place - i know they used them for diablo, but surely that wasn't the only reason to make everyone create one.
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Most people that are now faced with these problems created their characters when they first started playing the game and would have rolled on recommended or new player realm.
    I dont get how people can let themselves get baited like this?
    I remember clearly how I chose my server in 2006,I directly went for ''high pop" or ''full''.
    It's clear that when you can chose between high pop or recommended,the recommended one is bait for you start filling up a server.

Taiwan realms have received quite a few mergers since TBC. So this is not a new thing in the Asian WoW scene.

I really feel bad for US/EU dead realms. This goes way beyond trying to "save face" or listening to a very small minority who clings to their precious character names no matter what. This is bad for the overall health of the game.

Western players also have themselves to blame. They encourage Blizz to do nothing by giving them loads of cash through paid transfers, instead of demanding a higher quality service and server environment.

Easy fix for the name issue, use your battletag as a name similar to how D3 did it. That way you can name your individual characters anything you like, anything previously taken or whatever, as the name that will be displayed by default would be a unique battletag. There could be an option for you to display individual names in addition to the battletag name so something like

<Battletag>
    <Player Name>
    <Guild Name>

I'm for server merges, it should've been done in Cataclysm. There really isn't any excuse for this except greed at this point.