Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just recently purchased three games

Cthulhu Saves the world bundled with Breath of Death VII. It was bundled for a total cost of 1.29 so I was like, fuck it

I also purchased On the Rain-Slick precipice of darkness 3 for 1.24

I've only played the Cthulhu one and for about 1.5 hours.

But fuck it, it was a dollar, what do I got to lose?

Spiral Knights. It is a free game I downloaded two christmases ago to get a holiday achievement and then I just never uninstalled. Those holiday achievements were a lot of fun they should do something like that again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Quake 4 - Bought in a Steam Summer Sale Bundle with RAGE. I've played long enough to realize it doesn't invoke memories of Q2 or Q1, and have never played it again. In 40 minutes of a Quake game you should feel more than that your playing a shittier version of DOOM 3, if that were possible.
    Hehe wait until you get to the "transformation" part, my memories, I was playing the game just after dinner, almost threw up (yeah, I dont like watching that kind of stuff on my daily life)...

I'd have to say GTA IV... Rockstar... you dropped the ball on that game so bad.
    L.A. Noire -> The idea was amazing, the feel I had for the game was intriguing but I dont know... after the first 30 mins it felt pretty weird, I got used to rockstar "free roam world tackled with missions" content and well it wasn't what I expected, silly of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I just can't look at those and not think damn. They are pretty much all really highly praised by all sort of different reviewers, but it is your taste so it is all good
    I got them BECAUSE they're highly praised. I thought to myself "there's no way I wouldn't like them as a gamer". I didn't like them. And Bioshock Infinite...so...I don't even know. The story wasn't anywhere near as epic as people were making it out to be.

There's only Bethesda, Bungie, Valve, 343 and Blizzard that I will buy a game from knowing it'll be great (except Diablo III).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Two Worlds 2: Played the game for 60 minutes(according to steam) and the only thing I remember was being frustrated at the controls and lack of customization options for the controls. It was one of the worst ports I've ever played, Yes even worse than Dark souls and the AC series.

Spec Ops: The line: Just wow..such shit. But managed to waste 4 hours in MP before uninstalling it from my computer.

Magicka: I was gifted this game by a friend who was completely sold on the game and wanted someone to play with. I played with him for 2 hours before I told him I'd pay him back for the game because I'd rather die in a cancerous disease than to play that any longer.

EVE Online: I "played" it for 5 hours. 2 of those hours was spent in the creation screen(Amazing customization options), 1 hour exploring the ship yard and another 2 hours being lost and confused in the game world. I loved the concept on paper but once I tried it I was almost instantly appalled.

CS:GO: I bought this on release and played it for 1 hour before I realized just how much I hate the CS community and the jumpy playstyle. Fucking AWFUL game and community and it feels so dated. It was a nostalgia fueled purchase and something I do regret ever buying.

Never bought a game on steam just because it was cheap but when Ninja Gaiden came out on the xbox was the only time I've hit a game with a hammer and called it a day

Deleted
    cs: go

yeah i dont understand the purpose of this game. 1.6 is 10 times better.

The Uninstalled:
    Farcry - I got it in a pack with Farcry 2 and never installed it.
    Metro 2033 - THQ humble bundle. Will try it someday.
    Titan Quest - THQ humble bundle.
    Red Faction: Armageddon - THQ humble bundle.
    Dead Rising 2 - Got gifted to me, haven't played it yet.

The Bad:
    The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - Bought it on a sale because I saw quite a few reviews saying that it was phenomenal. Now, I can handle dated, but dated + terrible voice acting (I would have preferred just reading text) + terrible combat, I think I made it a few hours in really trying to give it a chance.
    Just Cause - Came in a bundle with Batman Arkham Asylum. Maybe the second one is better, but the first one held my interest for 2 hours before it got uninstalled.
    Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning - Seems great at first, then it sinks in that even on hard there is exactly 0 difficulty even avoiding the even further game breaking facets of the game such as fate-shifting and crafting. I hung out on the official forums waiting for a patch that was supposed to bring skills, crafting, and tweak difficulty more in line, but then they went under. Sad day. It will collect digital dust in my virtual library until the end of time.
    The Unfortunate:
    Thief: Deadly Shadows - Came in a bundle. Love it, or at least what I can play of it. Tried every fix I can to get it working without glitching, CtD, or other issues. Sadly all of them are game breaking.
    Last edited by The Casualty; 2013-05-08 at 03:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmakazie View Post
    I just recently purchased three games

Cthulhu Saves the world bundled with Breath of Death VII. It was bundled for a total cost of 1.29 so I was like, fuck it

I also purchased On the Rain-Slick precipice of darkness 3 for 1.24

I've only played the Cthulhu one and for about 1.5 hours.

But fuck it, it was a dollar, what do I got to lose?
    I really like CSTW and Breath of Death 7, takes me back to SNES rpg days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.