Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    "Ragnarok Battle Offline", it's not an online game with servers or anything, you download it and play it.

There's also a translated version of the game if you google for it.
    Yeah but I'm already on exp 2 iirc, I dont want to get my archer leveling till baphomet and then beating him, cuz it was a pain in the ass, same as the last boss fight pre expansions, but I'm not going to spoil who it is.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    "Ragnarok Battle Offline", it's not an online game with servers or anything, you download it and play it.

There's also a translated version of the game if you google for it.
    oic, its like O2JAM offline. haha. thanks for the info, hope I can download it.

O2Jam offline is called O2Mania.

been online earlier. just exploring the game and stuff. been training my profession level and mining kept me occupied for a few hours. so far so good. i wonder how long before haxx0rs appear on RO2 servers? gawd i just hope that there won't be a bot infestation like RO1 had.
    On your knees, I want you to beg for forgiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by SloveenEfsei View Post
    to be honest, you can't blame the devs. some games out there that have been doing "unique" things are being buried in the sea of MMOs, never getting proper recognition. devs simply put their money on a tested sellable idea rather than taking a gamble.

to be honest, if they'd release ragnarok online 1 in 3D, i'd play it. alas, we don't have that. but hey, who knows? it might get better in the future. no game is perfect the first time.
    This is Gravity we're talking about, they already had rather successful Ragnarok franchise at the international scale. The problem with them though, this was years ago even if you look back when they tried to reboot the game in 3D that never took off. So they already missed an opportunity and at that point they were busy catching up, this means they are also getting desperate in business side of the deal (similar to FF14). Which is why they might have decide to play "safe" and use the WoW formula to get it out ASAP and get money back.

I played Korean closed beta of first RO2, to be honest, that version was also nothing like RO1 but it was still quite unique game. I think they had weapon upgrade system that was available right from the start and was newbie friendly. Card system might have been a lot similar to original as well with equipping directly to gear except you can take it out. I'm not saying 1st version of RO2 would have been successful but at least it wasn't an MMO with WoW formula all over.

15+ Year Old Account
    Great game, though too much like wow and other games now. Can't one or two shot monsters anymore, even if they are lower level than you :/

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I was watching some videos on the Monk (my favourite class) and I must say Im disappointed. The feel of the monk on the RO1 was awesome, not besides "okay" animations it feels like every other class. One of the things Ragnarok always had was classes feeling unique. Is it just me or this isn't happening? (This is besides the point of the "core" style 2D etc we see in RO1).

Deleted
    Hey all,

So, with a friend we are planning on playing Ragnarok 2, after having played the first one. I am downloading it now with my really slow internet, and we will be playing on the european realm. My question is: is it any good and should I invest my time on making a guild for my multigaming community ?

thanks

It's overwhelmingly average from what I've played so far. Pretty much your generic Korean anime themed MMO import and it barely resembles Ragnarok at all. Worth giving a shot, but I wouldn't get too hyped for it.

Deleted
    Have played two hours so far and don't really see the point. Yeah the lore is nice, the game is cute, but the graphics are meuh, the crafting is meuh, the combat is meuh... Need to try dungeons and PvP but so far I feel let down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to try this game out! I really wasn't into the first Ragnarok. But I'll give this a shot once it's overseas.

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 12:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    It's overwhelmingly average from what I've played so far. Pretty much your generic Korean anime themed MMO import and it barely resembles Ragnarok at all. Worth giving a shot, but I wouldn't get too hyped for it.
    Going to give a try after reading this! But I won't get my hopes up
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

correct me if I'm wrong... but the first RO2 that youre talking about.. is that Ragnarok Online 2: Gate of the World?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaia View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong... but the first RO2 that youre talking about.. is that Ragnarok Online 2: Gate of the World?
    Its actually Ragnarok Online 2: Legend of the second.

Quote Originally Posted by SloveenEfsei View Post
    i wonder how long before haxx0rs appear on RO2 servers? gawd i just hope that there won't be a bot infestation like RO1 had.
    I'm beginning to see some haxx programs being advertised to some forums, so maybe not long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Its actually Ragnarok Online 2: Legend of the second.
    so what exactly is Ragnarok Online 2: gate of the world?

A previous version of Ragnarok Online 2 that got scrapped.

My understanding of RO2 is that it is a generic MMO set in the Ragnarok world, but without any of the gameplay stuff that made RO1 appealing: slow pace of combat, gutted job system, and none of the variety of stat/skill builds that could make two characters of the same class so different.

So yeah, I'll pass :l

This looks super generic.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

This is just a generic game with the Ragnarok title slapped on it

Original RO2 that was scrapped?

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    This is just a generic game with the Ragnarok title slapped on it
    well not only the title ^^ atleast the ingame terms are also ragnarok related XXDDD