Deleted

blizzard should just remove pvp gear

seriously why should i bother getting PVP gear in 5.3 when PVP power is getting a 50% nerf and everyone including raiders get 65% base resil i feel like ive worked hard getting my conquest gear for nothing and i bet others feel the same, so as a DK id go with my main stat which is STR, why not just remove PVP from wow cos im getting sick and tired of blizzard, they said this is a PVP expansion and yet drive PVP into the ground cos arena and bg's will be filled with PVE heroes now thanks blizzard maybe you can finally replace those monkeys who decide PVP descions and get humans instead

The point of this change was to make arena and BGs filled with PVE players.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

I don't think the OP truely understands the changes being made to PvP gear.

The changes ENCOURAGE PvP gear usage, but don't punish people trying to gear up. It means PvE players can survive, but can't contribute as much damage or healing.

There is no problem here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    I don't think the OP truely understands the changes being made to PvP gear.

The changes ENCOURAGE PvP gear usage, but don't punish people trying to gear up. It means PvE players can survive, but can't contribute as much damage or healing.

There is no problem here.
    how does it encourage PVP gear usage whe nall players have 65% resil and PVP power is nerfed, i think blizz are just catering to whiners who go i nbg's i nraid gear

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    how does it encourage PVP gear usage whe nall players have 65% resil and PVP power is nerfed, i think blizz are just catering to whiners who go i nbg's i nraid gear
    Because in BGs and Arena, all gear above iLevel 498 will scaled down. That means someone in PvP gear will do ~35% more damage/healing than someone in PvE gear due to PvP Power. Unless you are specifically talking about RBG tanks, you will definitely want PvP gear in BGs or Arena over PvE gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    Because in BGs and Arena, all gear above iLevel 498 will scaled down. That means someone in PvP gear will do ~35% more damage/healing than someone in PvE gear due to PvP Power. Unless you are specifically talking about RBG tanks, you will definitely want PvP gear in BGs or Arena over PvE gear.
    I think its 496.

But at any rate, if the gap between PvE vs PvP gear was the grand canyon, now it is merely a pot hole in the road allowing the PvE'ers to jump into pvp without getting their face smashed.

I would prefer that PvE'ers get their face smashed. Blizzard is catering to a one way street. If they are making it this easy for PvE'ers to PvP, then it needs to be equally as easy for PvP'ers to PvE.

Unfortunately this change is just a stepping stone to removing pvp gear. It will happen. And that will be a very dark day in WoW. I will hang my head very very low that day.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

15+ Year Old Account
    The gap between PvE and PvP gear is bigger in 5.3 than it is in 5.2. Here, watch:

In 5.2, I can wear my full PvP gear and have 65% PvP Resilience and 50% PvP Power (50% bonus damage, 12.5% bonus healing), with an item level of 495.

Or, In 5.2, I can wear my full PvE gear and have 40% PvP Resilience (baseline) and 0% PvP Power (0% bonus damage and healing), but an item level of 522. In my experience, I actually do more damage and burst when I forget to put my PvP gear on than when I wear my PvP gear - that means those extra 27 item levels are giving me ~50% or more bonus damage (they provide set bonuses, legendary meta gems and PvE trinket procs).

In 5.3, my full PvE 522 gear gets scaled down to 496, while my PvP gear gets buffed up to 496 - so what's different? Power and Resilience. As you know, baseline Resilience is getting buffed up to 65%, so personally my resilience will stay exactly the same (or go up slightly from socket bonuses and hybrid gems, to maybe 66%).

Power is getting nerfed - my 50% Power will probably only provide 35% Power next patch - taken by itself that sounds shitty - but that means my PvP set will still give me 35% more damage than my PvE set, while also providing more resilience, PvP set bonuses, on-use trinket, and trinket effect trinket: all of which my PvE gear now lacks.

The changes to Power and Resilience aren't the important changes - and I think you are over-focusing on them - the real change is that the best item level you will be allowed to wear is Conquest Gear Item Level (scaling for future seasons). I should also point out that Power and Resilience are exempt from the stats "cost" of an item - a 496 Conquest item has the same int, haste, mastery, crit, gem sockets etc as a 496 PvE pieces AND Power AND Resilience.

PvP Gear should now remain pretty much always better than PvE Gear - nobody will bring Shado-Pan trinkets to PvP because they will lose 26 item levels (which is Huge right now, because item levels are on the sharpest part of the bell curve they scale on right now). Even PvE Legendaries likely won't be worthwhile anymore - a Legendary PvE cape next tier has an item level of 598 (almost 600) - but if you wear that into PvP it will only be a 496 cape absent the benefit of Power and Resilience - any given Conquest Cape will be better than a Cape that some PvE kid spent all expansion making.

It's not how I would have fixed PvE items in PvP - but it should be a very good change for keeping them separate. The advantage that it provides to PvE'rs is that if some PvP Combat Rogue pops Shadowblades->Killing Spree on them while they are AFK in town, they might not die like they certainly would now.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    The gap between PvE and PvP gear is bigger in 5.3 than it is in 5.2. Here, watch:

In 5.2, I can wear my full PvP gear and have 65% PvP Resilience and 50% PvP Power (50% bonus damage, 12.5% bonus healing), with an item level of 495.

Or, In 5.2, I can wear my full PvE gear and have 40% PvP Resilience (baseline) and 0% PvP Power (0% bonus damage and healing), but an item level of 522. In my experience, I actually do more damage and burst when I forget to put my PvP gear on than when I wear my PvP gear - that means those extra 27 item levels are giving me ~50% or more bonus damage (they provide set bonuses, legendary meta gems and PvE trinket procs).

In 5.3, my full PvE 522 gear gets scaled down to 496, while my PvP gear gets buffed up to 496 - so what's different? Power and Resilience. As you know, baseline Resilience is getting buffed up to 65%, so personally my resilience will stay exactly the same (or go up slightly from socket bonuses and hybrid gems, to maybe 66%).

Power is getting nerfed - my 50% Power will probably only provide 35% Power next patch - taken by itself that sounds shitty - but that means my PvP set will still give me 35% more damage than my PvE set, while also providing more resilience, PvP set bonuses, on-use trinket, and trinket effect trinket: all of which my PvE gear now lacks.

The changes to Power and Resilience aren't the important changes - and I think you are over-focusing on them - the real change is that the best item level you will be allowed to wear is Conquest Gear Item Level (scaling for future seasons). I should also point out that Power and Resilience are exempt from the stats "cost" of an item - a 496 Conquest item has the same int, haste, mastery, crit, gem sockets etc as a 496 PvE pieces AND Power AND Resilience.

PvP Gear should now remain pretty much always better than PvE Gear - nobody will bring Shado-Pan trinkets to PvP because they will lose 26 item levels (which is Huge right now, because item levels are on the sharpest part of the bell curve they scale on right now). Even PvE Legendaries likely won't be worthwhile anymore - a Legendary PvE cape next tier has an item level of 598 (almost 600) - but if you wear that into PvP it will only be a 496 cape absent the benefit of Power and Resilience - any given Conquest Cape will be better than a Cape that some PvE kid spent all expansion making.

It's not how I would have fixed PvE items in PvP - but it should be a very good change for keeping them separate. The advantage that it provides to PvE'rs is that if some PvP Combat Rogue pops Shadowblades->Killing Spree on them while they are AFK in town, they might not die like they certainly would now.
    What is this? Someone with proper grammar, information and critical thinking skills? GTFO!

...but seriously, thank you for explaining this properly. This makes the changes much more understandable (to me at least).

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    seriously why should i bother getting PVP gear in 5.3 when PVP power is getting a 50% nerf and everyone including raiders get 65% base resil i feel like ive worked hard getting my conquest gear for nothing and i bet others feel the same, so as a DK id go with my main stat which is STR, why not just remove PVP from wow cos im getting sick and tired of blizzard, they said this is a PVP expansion and yet drive PVP into the ground cos arena and bg's will be filled with PVE heroes now thanks blizzard maybe you can finally replace those monkeys who decide PVP descions and get humans instead
    PvP Power makes all the difference.