Weapon Itemization

I think they should get rid of main stats (not stamina as to it is already on everything pretty much) on weapons and just give attack power, or spell power to compensate for the stat so items can be more widely used when they make them. For classes that gain tanking, or regen stats, they can make them benefit a little more overal from the stats on their gear to compensate. What does everyone else think?

I think it's a pretty good idea. Less chance of stuff being "DE" material.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I think it's a pretty good idea. Less chance of stuff being "DE" material.
    That is what I was thinking, you won't have that "Dammit my insert stat sword didn't drop" moment because it would be useful to all sword users.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well then we get into the question of "what about healers?" Since healers need spirit for "MP5" giving their weapons Spell Power doesn't really fix an issue.

Truth be your plan used to be the standard in Wrath, weapons had a shit-ton of AP/SP and a little of main statting. Blizz removed that for whatever reason.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'm thinking that they used to do this, and they intentionally went the other direction, so they're probably not going to go this way in the future.

I don't know if you remember this, but it's how the PvP weapons were in Wrath, as well as several other items.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialanne View Post
    I'm thinking that they used to do this, and they intentionally went the other direction, so they're probably not going to go this way in the future.

I don't know if you remember this, but it's how the PvP weapons were in Wrath, as well as several other items.
    Ya I remember in TBC when the weapons only had AP/SP and secondary stats. I just feel with the direction they are going this would be the superior option for Itemization. Also someone mentioned spirit. They could implement higher mana regen per stat point to compensate just like the tanking issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya I remember in TBC when the weapons only had AP/SP and secondary stats. I just feel with the direction they are going this would be the superior option for Itemization. Also someone mentioned spirit. They could implement higher mana regen per stat point to compensate just like the tanking issue.
    That is completely wrong. In TBC even healing 1-handers were of 2-kinds - with spirit and with mp5. There were 2-handers for feral druids only.

What should be done is to make proper loot system, so people wouldn't pray to RNG as the only rewarding system. Guess what, if there would be only 3 kinds of weapons globally, there will always be chances that only 2 kinds of those weapons would be dropping, and when 3rd kind of weapon would drop (once in expansion) - it would have queue of 5 or 15 (depending on raid size) people.

Is it really great, especially if to consider that RNG is only way to get ok'ish weapons (obviously not counting hyper-mega-expensive BS x-mog LFR-quality junk)?

If we go further with such system of dumbification, why not make just some weapon with "Power" stat? If melee equips it - it becomes Attack Power, if caster - Spell Power? Don't you think that it sounds very stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    That is completely wrong. In TBC even healing 1-handers were of 2-kinds - with spirit and with mp5. There were 2-handers for feral druids only.

What should be done is to make proper loot system, so people wouldn't pray to RNG as the only rewarding system. Guess what, if there would be only 3 kinds of weapons globally, there will always be chances that only 2 kinds of those weapons would be dropping, and when 3rd kind of weapon would drop (once in expansion) - it would have queue of 5 or 15 (depending on raid size) people.

Is it really great, especially if to consider that RNG is only way to get ok'ish weapons (obviously not counting hyper-mega-expensive BS x-mog LFR-quality junk)?

If we go further with such system of dumbification, why not make just some weapon with "Power" stat? If melee equips it - it becomes Attack Power, if caster - Spell Power? Don't you think that it sounds very stupid?
    No I think AP and SP on melee and caster weapons respectively is all they need, this would also allow warriors and DK and paladin to benefit from weapons such as pole-arms without having to make separate versions of it. You don't have the right to QQ about RNG that is what the game is, you play it and hope for that drop. With this system weapons become easier to attain for the classes that have the hardest time getting them pre raiding. Weapons are the most annoying thing to upgrade RNG or not.

I like the system as it is now. Without enough rng you get a situation where everyone is rolling on everything and that is just not fun. In fact, I think spirit needs to increase spell power and become a primary stat again to separate intellect from spirit classes.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Well then we get into the question of "what about healers?" Since healers need spirit for "MP5" giving their weapons Spell Power doesn't really fix an issue.
    Spirit on a weapon replaces a Secondary Stat. The OP is talking about removing the primary stat.

---

The one problem I see is that primary stats have secondary components that raw Power abilities do not (or at least they used to; I haven't heard if that's been changed). For example, Agility provides Dodge and Crit. If you're just changing the weapons, tho, it's probably not a huge deal.

EDIT: Also, I don't see an issue with removing stamina on a weapon either. Never really made much sense to me to begin with.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I like the system as it is now. Without enough rng you get a situation where everyone is rolling on everything and that is just not fun. In fact, I think spirit needs to increase spell power and become a primary stat again to separate intellect from spirit classes.
    You can't look at it narrowly, it also opens up just as many options for healers to roll on as well as the others. This is the way to go, they can still make some of the weapon procs more prone to a healer rather than a dps or a tank rather than a melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    You can't look at it narrowly, it also opens up just as many options for healers to roll on as well as the others. This is the way to go, they can still make some of the weapon procs more prone to a healer rather than a dps or a tank rather than a melee.
    I just can't see the need with transmogrification restrictions being relaxed and raids becoming bigger with more loot. Transmog of 2 handers to spears/staves is being worked on. Possibly from 1 handers to fists as well.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I just can't see the need with transmogrification restrictions being relaxed and raids becoming bigger with more loot. Transmog of 2 handers to spears/staves is being worked on. Possibly from 1 handers to fists as well.
    The issue was for someone like me who was doing DW on my DK, I never was able to get heroic 1 handers because the agility ones would always drop, if that main stat wasn't an issue they would have been useful. This happens to many specs and classes.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2013-05-08 at 05:43 PM.