Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Hmm... it might be, thanks. I'm gonna look it up if it is in fact the game I'm looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Pretty sure that's it, the C64 version.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is in fact the game I've been looking for! Thank you so much!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    I've been trying to find this educational game for years. I'd love it if someone could find this for me, because I've looked everywhere, though I don't expect this thread to get many replies, since it's a pretty obscure subject. ;P

- It was an educational kids game from PC World (UK)
    - Don't know the release date, but I played it as a child in the 90's.
    - It had a brown dog on the cover, and a carnival fair in the background.
    - There was a musical element to the game. I remember maracas...and spanish music.
    - There was a painting section where you could interact with a 'Haunted castle'
    - There was also a cooking game where you had to serve people the right meals, picking from a variety of foods. For some reason I remember asparagus the most.

If anyone could help me, that'd be fantastic.

was it a JumpStart game? There were alot of them and some had a dog.

Deleted
    Alright here goes.. this has been bugging me for years everytime a discussion about old games comes up.

I remember playing it as a young child, younger than 10 (I am 21 now). EDIT: Probably a good bit younger than 10. Maybe between 5 and 8?

It was a 2-D sidescrolling game, quite dark/gothic themed where you would progress through levels and fight demons, some of which would take up the whole one side of a screen. The graphics were fairly good/detailed from what I remember though again, 2D pixel-art.

I vaguely remember a part where you climb down a well(?) and you had to climb deeper and deeper into these caverns going via platforms and ladders.

I have no idea what the UI or main character looked like.

EDIT: After a bit of consideration, it would probably have been on the same platform as Sonic the Hedgehog 2; so either Master System or Genesis.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-05-08 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Alright here goes.. this has been bugging me for years everytime a discussion about old games comes up.

I remember playing it as a young child, younger than 10 (I am 21 now).

It was a 2-D sidescrolling game, quite dark/gothic themed where you would progress through levels and fight demons, some of which would take up the whole one side of a screen. The graphics were fairly good/detailed from what I remember though again, 2D pixel-art.

I vaguely remember a part where you climb down a well(?) and you had to climb deeper and deeper into these caverns going via platforms and ladders.

I have no idea what the UI or main character looked like.
    Castlevania?

edit: er, thats a DS version

Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2013-05-08 at 02:56 PM.

Deleted
    Nope, not Castlevania. It wasn't anything that obvious :P It also had a bit more detail on the boss enemies than CV. It didn't take place in a castle or any iconic background locations, it was more "cave-y" or "hellish"

Deleted
    Ok heres a toughy. I've been searching for this game for ages!

Ok I used to have a chipped PS1 so this game was downloaded and burnt to disc.
    It was a fighting game but was a bit more epic then that. You had some sort of magical powers depending on the character you chose. I mainly used a guy in knights armour who used to do a sort of ground shake attack in a long line with a sword. I know this isn't much to go off. But there was a story mode in which you changed characters every level. One level in particular (map) was a sort of stone henge look.

Once again its basically nothing to go off. But go for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Papitoz View Post
    Ok heres a toughy. I've been searching for this game for ages!

Ok I used to have a chipped PS1 so this game was downloaded and burnt to disc.
    It was a fighting game but was a bit more epic then that. You had some sort of magical powers depending on the character you chose. I mainly used a guy in knights armour who used to do a sort of ground shake attack in a long line with a sword. I know this isn't much to go off. But there was a story mode in which you changed characters every level. One level in particular (map) was a sort of stone henge look.

Once again its basically nothing to go off. But go for it

Soul Calibur? Maybe? :O

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.c...-xbla-lead.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Or soul blade

PS1 or maybe 2 game, I really think it was 1 though. Robot fighting game in like a wrestling ring sort of deal kinda bigger. After you beat the other robot you got a part off that robot. I loved that game and would love to buy it again if I could just remember the name.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyseria View Post
    Nope not soul blade either sorry, Its not so contained fighting like you always target the opponent. Its more free in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmar View Post
    PS1 or maybe 2 game, I really think it was 1 though. Robot fighting game in like a wrestling ring sort of deal kinda bigger. After you beat the other robot you got a part off that robot. I loved that game and would love to buy it again if I could just remember the name.
    Rock Em Sock Em Robot Arena

Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Nope, not Castlevania. It wasn't anything that obvious :P It also had a bit more detail on the boss enemies than CV. It didn't take place in a castle or any iconic background locations, it was more "cave-y" or "hellish"
    Do you remember which system it was for?

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 11:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Narmar View Post
    Thank you so much
    You're welcome!

Hi all I have a game that my brother and I used to play on the Gamecube, neither of us can remember the name. The basis of the game is that you where a human in a technological world where you battled other people with small robots. You could customize your robot with different parts collected from quests and defeating other robots. I remember one of the weapons you could get for your robot was a dragon cannon that was homing and shot fiery dragons. I also remember that the bad guys you fought had "illegal" parts for their robots that where basically better than average parts you could normally get.

My brother and I have been wracking our brains trying to figure out the name of the game, any help is appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Do you remember which system it was for?
    I edited my post; most likely would have been the same system I played Sonic 2 on. Since there were 2 versions of that, it narrows down to those 2 at least :P

Quote Originally Posted by Birdfoot View Post
    Hi all I have a game that my brother and I used to play on the Gamecube, neither of us can remember the name. The basis of the game is that you where a human in a technological world where you battled other people with small robots. You could customize your robot with different parts collected from quests and defeating other robots. I remember one of the weapons you could get for your robot was a dragon cannon that was homing and shot fiery dragons. I also remember that the bad guys you fought had "illegal" parts for their robots that where basically better than average parts you could normally get.

My brother and I have been wracking our brains trying to figure out the name of the game, any help is appreciated.
    Custom Robo?

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe someone took the time to post screenies and didn't put names to these (argh!). Anyone have a clue at all on #61 & # 81? Anyone?

http://acidcow.com/pics/17659-games-102-pics.html

Edit: It helps to scroll down in the comments. Someone got #81, but #61 is still a mystery.
    Last edited by Dawnseven; 2013-05-08 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Update

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdfoot View Post
    Hi all I have a game that my brother and I used to play on the Gamecube,

Custom Robo?