What's Fun never gets old , im sorry.
    Is there another computer game out there as old as WoW that is doing as well? Unless every single game ever made is "not fun", you would expect there to be one....right?

Dismissing age of the game as a reason for drop in subs just seems silly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jball2k View Post
    LFR is not fun for me, as it's just a glorified Heroic. PvP just gets old after a while, and dailies are just not what I want to pay my subscription fee to do.
    Could have been something I would have said, but added "I don't like how heroics work".

I think pointgrinding might be a bit outdated by now, but what do I know. Does anyone actually know someone that can enjoy doing dailies over longer periods? And do the way you progress your character through instances now, actually work?
    Last edited by Duridi; 2013-05-08 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsme View Post
    Same,played since Vanilla.
    Me saying "vast mayority" mean,not out of whole subs,but those leaving.
    Never before WoW had this kind of a major drop.And it won't stop here.
    Whoever thinks this is not a big deal,it is.It's a proof they're doing things wrong.
    It can only go down from here.Next expansion can maybe stop decline for some time(unless they change game dramaticly),but not for long.
    Also saying "WoW is dying" doesn't mean that the game will die completely,it will die as the top MMO,as the game we knew.
    Your post also implies the market itself for the MMO games is being destroyed too, which in this case is exactly what we have.

All subscriber based MMOs had to switch to a F2P option to simply stay alive.

Consumers have other needs. WoW is a special case where the subscriber method actually still works, but even that is falling apart now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    And yet, they returned to that winning formula in Cataclysm, but the subs hemorrhaged as a result.

Quite odd, no?

Maybe it implies the game formula as a whole for any MMO is simply dying.

No other MMO nor online game matches WoW's numbers on a subscriber AND playerbase perspective, and all of you wonder why?

Well, gentlemen and ladies, I have the answer!

The MMO market as a whole is becoming droll, boring, and overall no longer yearned for.

WoW is a game that is deflating as the market does with it.
    Huh? How did Cata return to the old formula?

Did anyone even read that most of the loss was in China? I really couldn't care less about numbers in China. Until the American and European numbers start dropping off like that I'm not concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    I can't emphasize this enough. Double Gating with dailies and slow valor accumulation is killing the game for normal players
    They shouldn't have had any valor gear whatsoever. It should have gone back to "you run dungeons and get gear and then you raid and get gear."

JP/VP should have been for upgrading ilvl from the start
    Rep should have given crafting patterns and transmog gear

My opinion, anyway. Still gives a way to steadily upgrade gear (upgrade 4 pieces of gear = outweight bad ilvl on a piece that refuses to drop), makes dailies more of something to do rather than being as mandatory but still gives lots to do there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Remove everything cross-realm, and remove guild levels and guild-recruit bot addons, LFG, LFR goes to the trash bin, restore server communities.

-WoW gains 50 million subs.
    And then loses a whole bunch of subs because of the people quitting who liked LFD/LFR. Gone are the days of doing dungeons while levelling.

It really doubt it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    If they launched Burning Legion, and returned everything back to what it was when TBC hit (no LFD, LFR, CRZ, guild perks) and brought it all back to basics, I would bet 10M dollars that everyone who ever played would resub in a heartbeat just to see it happen.
    And after 30days they will be unsubbed and wow would have died due to its pop dropping under 1million and so many people would be fired by blizzard because they would not have the money flow coming in to pay them.

Going back to TBC would be a really stupid idea cata did it half way and lost a huge amount of subs and MOP did it the grindy way and lost another huge amount.

How low must the subs get for people to learn that the TBC way dose not work in any shape or forum.

Cata had the hard dungeons/raids and subs dropped MOP had the easy dungeons but still hard raids and the grind that TBC had because of MOP's daily system and subs still keep dropping.

Age has set in and people know there is other things you can do and get more for your money or just go to a f2p/b2p game and play when you want to without spending one dollar.

Its no one mmo killing/hurting wow its all of them because unlike in 2007 people have a huge amount of choice's now.

If they changed the sub cost to 5$ they would raise xpac cost to 50$ and subs would go up some.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    25 Man raiding most likely contributed a lot to the downfall, but so did shared lockouts. I find it baffling how people are unable to link the shared lockouts and murdering of 25 man raiding with the sharp decline in player numbers. Just think back to Wotlk where you could always jump into a pug raid with your second lock out just for fun and people actually did exactly that.
    With the single lock out for both, they almost immediately killed that aspect of the game and it backfired, it excluded casual players from actual raiding, it made it impossible for people to have fun on the site and made it far, far, far harder to find some raid just for fun. And no, LFR does not replace it in any kind of way, just like LFR does not replace 5 man dungeons as a means of gearing up.
    I feel this is neglected too much. People couldn't control themselves and blamed Blizzard, but they didn't think about others. I enjoyed raiding 25s with the guild and then doing 10s with friends from outside the guild. The shared lockout made this impossible, was the thing that started my decline in interest and enjoyment in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incoming all of the fan boys saying "nah that isn't a huge drop. 1.3 million players leaving is chump change and means nothing."

^ In response to the fan boys saying "INCOMING TROLLS SAYING WOW IS DYING"

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Extremely difficult endgame.

5 mans being rewarding.

Epics being "epic" (though I disagree with this 100%).

Lack of dailies.

Dungeon grind for Rep.

No LFR.

LFD had no use unless you were queing up with Guildies, and even then communication was needed in Heroics.

Etc, etc, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    There are a number of posters who insist that because Cata Heroics were difficult at launch, Cata was exactly like BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Did you really miss the point from my post?

I'm saying that WoW will continue to drop as long as it has a subscription, because free games are getting better and better.

Maybe I should have said "Game X", would people understand it then?
    I think I did miss the point of your post, my apologies, but I agree with your over all message.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    There are a number of posters who insist that because Cata Heroics were difficult at launch, Cata was exactly like BC.
    That isn't why I said it in the slightest.

Thank you for assuming, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So do you want to know what could bring WoW to 20+ million subs?
    Free to Play
    That's not a sub now is it?
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Despite spitting out quality content the subs are still falling, kinda sad, but expected as with anything that's past its prime regarding numbers.
    The quality wasn't there for some, I for one thought HoF was the worst raid they have done so far. I am not saying it was lazily put together but the fights pretty much all sucked. 2 of the 4 in ToES were crap and MSV was a waste of time since it was way too easy compared to the others and the items were worse. ToT is better but many packed it in on raiding based on the crap tier before it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Is Rift honestly worth the money? Initially when I tried it I couldn't get past level 13 without getting bored.

If the End Game is actually entertaining I might give it a go while on summer break.
    I don't want to get into game vs game - My full post was just in response to the guy I was quoting saying some "wow killer" would put the nail in the coffin. Rift was merely for a subjective comparison to make my point. No "wow killer" will affect the game for more than a month or two.

Yeah, Rift is great, but the developers seem to have pulled a Cataclysm on us vets for "new" content release cycle. For new players, there is tons to do. Just go download the desktop app from raptr.com, install the app, play the lite version for like 15 hours or so and get a free copy of Rift, expansion, and 30 days. It's worth at least $45 in play time as the game stands now. Don't sub for more than 3 months if you like the game, however. You can check the Rift section forum video channel for some vids I made on You-Tube.

Wow, that's surprising. Unlike in Cataclysm I really can't see any development reason for why so many people would leave in such a short time.
    I guess the Asian market just works very differently. Plus the whole "old game" thing, as usual.

The subscription actually that wow has is it's biggest weakness and not because of the individual cost to a player but because every stupid person plays the "i pay for this game therefore you should cater it to me else i quit" card and the sad thing is that it actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    That's not a sub now is it?
    Shh you can't use logic and reason when talking to your average jack ass.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."