Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Predict the Annual Pass 2!

now that WoW lost another 1.3 million subscribers, predict what will be included in Annual Pass 2(if ever going to be one)
    here is mine:

For a limited time only, players who make a 24-month subscription commitment to World of Warcraft through the WoW Annual Pass 2 will receive the following epic rewards:
    when you Invite an unsubscribed friend to play, and after he/she accepts your invitation, he/she will be given a free lvl 90 with full epic gear, a free month of gametime, and a free copy of MOP!!
    after your friend resubscribe for WoW, you'll receive 2 free lvl 90s with full epic gear and a free month of game-time
    Free server transfers for you and your friend for a month.
    You'll be given guaranteed access for "Titan" BETA and WoW expac(next) BETA before they go live.
    in addition, free copies of next WoW expac and "Titan" will be added to your account on the launch date.
    2 new exotic mounts.
    Multiple exotic pets.
    Last edited by Elian; 2013-05-09 at 04:07 AM.

when you return to WoW with a 24 month subscription, you get eternal youth

Mike Morhaime will give you a _______.
    noun

All kidding aside, I'm sure Titan beta will be part of it (fairly certain they will announce the game at Blizzcon this year), as well as possibly the next WoW expansion's beta. Probably something cosmetic like a mount and minipet that doesn't take them that much time to create. It will be another 12 month commitment, MAYBE give you some sort of in-game perk (elder coins or something along those lines), because Blizz seems to like monetizing their game in new and creative ways.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i'm already surprised they haven't done one for heart of the swarm, i guess they didn't have beta invite lying around and thought it wouldn't be successful anyway.

i guess we might see one for 2014 with
    - titan beta
    - SC2 legacy of void or d3 extension.
    - maybe some TCG booster pack of hero for their moba game

Once again, if people sign up for an annual pass.... and then bitch about the "bonuses" they are stupid.

I did the annual pass for D3, played it for a bit... stopped playing once MoP came out and haven't touched it sense..... It was worth it cause i have been playing wow the entire time.

Only get it, if you intend to play wow for the time it provides, otherwise it's pointless.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Once again, if people sign up for an annual pass.... and then bitch about the "bonuses" they are stupid.

I did the annual pass for D3, played it for a bit... stopped playing once MoP came out and haven't touched it sense..... It was worth it cause i have been playing wow the entire time.

Only get it, if you intend to play wow for the time it provides, otherwise it's pointless.
    I must be one of the only players that regret not taking up the annual pass!

I really could care less about Titan (just like I didn't care about D3) access, but I would sign up for the Annual Pass again if I got mounts, pets, maybe extra character slots(Heck, I would pay cash for that) and perhaps some sort of one time level boost (start a new toon at 80 or something).

I'm not sure the playerbase is naive enough to get suckered into another annual pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    now that WoW lost another 1.3 million subscribers, predict what will be included in Annual Pass 2(if ever going to be one)
    here is mine:

For a limited time only, players who make a 24-month subscription commitment to World of Warcraft through the WoW Annual Pass 2 will receive the following epic rewards:
    when you Invite an unsubscribed friend to play, and after he/she accepts your invitation, he/she will be given a free lvl 90 with full epic gear, a free month of gametime, and a free copy of MOP!!
    after your friend resubscribe for WoW, you'll receive 2 free lvl 90s with full epic gear and a free month of game-time
    You'll be given guaranteed access for "Titan" BETA and WoW expac(next) BETA before they go live.
    in addition, free copies of next WoW expac and "Titan" will be added to your account on the launch date.
    2 new exotic mounts.
    Multiple exotic pets.
    Let's at least keep it somewhat plausible

i'm hoping they do another one. just so i can get in the beta again xD

i didn't give a shit about the ugly horse and diablo 3, i just wanted in that beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    I'm not sure the playerbase is naive enough to get suckered into another annual pass.
    It's nice to want things.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    here is mine:

2 new exotic mounts.
    Multiple exotic pets.
    Lol you think they'll reveal Titan this year? Only if WoW is truly dead to them.
    Also, please god no free 90s....

More likely:

1. Diablo 3 and the new D3 Expansion free.
    2. Access to the D3E and Expansion V beta.
    3. Special mount/pet.
    4. A title.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

What people seem to forget is that the D3 annual pass was offered because WoW was in a content slump... or about to be. It was offered for three months (less?) while Dragon Soul was released and still had that new raid smell, after which we saw absolutely no new content until Mists of Pandaland was out. The pass wasn't there to boost numbers, it was there to lock subscribers in. It's a good thing Diablo came out when it did, that was around the time most people were getting sick of Dragon Soul. A solid 4 months before MoP.

This time around it looks like they're trying to provide new content quicker rather than use the annual pass to keep people. Doesn't mean the suits won't step in and offer it again, though.
    Last edited by Dyros; 2013-05-09 at 05:55 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyros View Post
    What people seem to forget is that the D3 annual pass was offered because WoW was in a content slump... or about to be.
    that's what angered me the most. I never thought blizzard would play a trick like that. i sign up thinking i'd be playing wow anyway for a year, so might as well get a free game. Then they drop horrible DS raid, unfriendly LFR and nothing else for 10 month. i stopped playing 4 month later, but was lock into year pass.

fool me once...

When you return back to WoW, they automatically give you back the X number of years you wasted sitting by the computer listening to some raging raid leader or arena partners instead of doing things like... not sitting by the computer listening to some raging raid leader or arena partners.

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Yea, god damn those good deals. How dare we make great purchases.

This thread is disgusting.

No, those suggestions don't sound like something they'd put on the Annual Pass.

I'm guessing if they do it again it'll be a mount, free D3 expansion (or free Titan box if it takes that long? Maybe free Legacy of the Void? Free Hearthstone? Maybe not the last one) and some beta keys for whatever.

Personally I only ever cared about the mount. Though the discount on my D3 CE was nice :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Blizz doesn't seem to be very original when it comes to their promos.

So, my take is this:

1 year contract
    Next expansion beta
    Diablo III and D3 expansion for free
    Pet
    Mount

I'm MORE than expecting the D3 part, of all things, simply because they REALLY need to encourage a second cash-cow going. They were expecting to be raking in millions via the RMAH, not just the initial box sales... but the game went practically DOA...

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 06:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Yea, god damn those good deals. How dare we make great purchases.

This thread is disgusting.
    Some might say it's disgusting that you're actually disgusted by somebody's opinion of a video game promotion that they felt wasn't as good of a deal as promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    that's what angered me the most. I never thought blizzard would play a trick like that. i sign up thinking i'd be playing wow anyway for a year, so might as well get a free game. Then they drop horrible DS raid, unfriendly LFR and nothing else for 10 month. i stopped playing 4 month later, but was lock into year pass.

fool me once...
    Well you can believe what you like about DS and LFR, but come on, how did you not know there wouldn't be any raids between DS and MoP?

The lag period was nothing compared to the one in Wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Titan beta access is a stretch that will probably come when the new wow expansion is about halfway done (playwise). Titan will be announced this year along with the next expansion for WoW. We might get nothing more than an announcement, but something about Titan will arrive this year. We'll see Legacy of the Void, D3 expansion, WoW Expansion and the announcement of Titan's name and what kind of game it will be and probably nothing more.

I think we'll get
    Beta SCII, Beta D3 Expansion, Beta WoW Expansion (maybe only one but I'm willing to guess all three)
    Mount
    Pet