10+ Year Old Account

What is there to do in 5.3?

So 5.3 is just around the corner, and I'm wondering what there will be for people like me.

I pretty much stick to questing, dailies for rep, and LFR at the moment. I know there's some new scenarios that I'd like to see, but after seeing them once, they really only play a role in 1 random scenario daily. Is there a new rep coming out?

I don't really pvp at all, so the new battlegrounds are a loss.

The Barrens stuff seems fun, however it sounds a lot like the rares on Isle right now, which would just be putzing around in a random group killing things. Despite that, it looks like the rewards are 489 items, which are lower than what I have.

Other than tweaks, what else is there until 5.4 (which is what, 3, 5 months away?)

Most of my characters are in 502 Tier/Weapon, and 522 everything else. I have most reps maxed on most of them.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Scenarios and all that stuff. There won't be a new island or anything, most of the content will be additions or improvements to features we already have. I for one am looking forward to the new Brawler's guild stuff. There will also be some quests that will lead into 5.4.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    Heroic Scenarios and all that stuff. There won't be a new island or anything, most of the content will be additions or improvements to features we already have. I for one am looking forward to the new Brawler's guild stuff. There will also be some quests that will lead into 5.4.
    Unfortunately, I can't do heroic scenarios, as I'm in a small guild without enough people to do them. Nor do I do the brawlers guild. Perhaps I should look into it. I'm just worried that I'll finish 5.3's content in the first week, and just be twiddling my thumbs til 5.4.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Unfortunately, I can't do heroic scenarios, as I'm in a small guild without enough people to do them. Nor do I do the brawlers guild. Perhaps I should look into it. I'm just worried that I'll finish 5.3's content in the first week, and just be twiddling my thumbs til 5.4.
    If you haven't started Brawler's Guild already I doubt you'll be able to finish it the first week of 5.3. They're adding I think 20 new bosses to the existing 32 ones and rank 8 through 10 will be hard and very unforgiving!
    I personally love Brawler's Guild and aim to be one of the first ones to get the rank 10 mount, so that's what I'll be doing outside of raids in 5.3.

Other than the new PVP stuff, Barrens shiz and scenarios that were mentioned there isn't really that much new content so I guess if you're not that interested in any of that it might seem like a boring patch. Even though it does have content (and good content at that) that content might not appeal to everyone.

Daily quests. Awwwwwww yeah!

Scenarios! Heroic Scenarios!

Deleted
    I'm just worried that I'll finish 5.3's content in the first week, and just be twiddling my thumbs til 5.4.
    Just waiting for the random douchebag that will say that you haven't cleared ToT HC yet...

OT : It will probably be fun for the first week or two , but after that you will just wait for 5.4...
    I personally think that people will hate the new scenarios after some runs...(I hope I'm wrong though)

Heroic Scenarios, next Legendary quest which isn't much, and brawler's guild, I think that's about it. I'll be doing the legendary continuation and the brawler's guild while I wait for 5.4.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    Daily quests. Awwwwwww yeah!
    Which 5.3 doesn't add.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Lowered Xp needed for 85-90 by 33%, so there will be much alting

And prob run some BC raids for battlepets

You'll likely do the questline, maybe a few of the vanity items you'll want and then that's it. You'll see the scenarios eventually, maybe you'll get to the next bit of legendary stuff, maybe you'll do Brawler's Guild and maybe you'll farm BC raids for pets. Then you're done and you'll wait for 5.4.

So yeah, not much to do, at least the above is what I'll be doing as an LFR/questing kinda guy.

Deleted
    5.3 kinda sucks tbh

Unless you're on an incredibly busy server, you should be able to snag an invite from the BMAH for no money at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebamama View Post
    Just waiting for the random douchebag that will say that you haven't cleared ToT HC yet...

OT : It will probably be fun for the first week or two , but after that you will just wait for 5.4...
    I personally think that people will hate the new scenarios after some runs...(I hope I'm wrong though)
    But he hasn't cleared ToT HC yet....

I must admit I am struggling to see what there is to do in 5.3, for me the best thing looks like a lowered exp needed to level which is kinda... disappointing.

Brawler's Guild is definitely the most interesting thing to me. I finally manned up and got an invite about two weeks ago and cleared everything in a day or two (god damn Disruptron is annoying!). But the new 5.3 bosses... some of them are so cool looking. Lookit it!

10+ Year Old Account
    So it looks like 5.3 is a few quests and scenarios that Ill finish the first day/week depending on gating, and after that it's brawlers guild.