Thread: Explosive Shot

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Explosive Shot

Think we'll ever see Explosive Shot hit multiple targets again?

Sort of a random question, but I highly doubt it. That was over 4 years ago and frankly there's no reason it needs to hit a secondary target again.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Sort of a random question, but I highly doubt it. That was over 4 years ago and frankly there's no reason it needs to hit a secondary target again.
    For PvE purposes, since we don't have an actual "cleave"

Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    For PvE purposes, since we don't have an actual "cleave"
    I don't think every class needs to have an actual "cleave". Is the game not homogenized enough? SS multidots relatively well and accomplishes what it needs to. Not to mention Glaive Toss.

No.

Blizzard has shown several times that they dislike "mindless cleaves" - fully effective AoE cleave DPS with a single target rotation.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-05-09 at 06:26 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fire a shot that explodes on impact, bleeding nearby foes.

Is Multishot not enough of a cleave to you? Please say so if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure Multishot still applies SS DoT aswell.. While we're on it.. I bet you want Mana back as a resource for hunters and Volley given back aswell?

Deleted
    really doubt it, ES worked that way when wotlk launch and they changed it to hit only one target like 2 or 3 weeks after. They should remove black arrow cd so we'd have a decent cleave, not the best but something better than the garbage we have now

Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    Is Multishot not enough of a cleave to you? Please say so if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure Multishot still applies SS DoT aswell.. While we're on it.. I bet you want Mana back as a resource for hunters and Volley given back aswell?
    Multi-shot is an AoE skill. Cleave is something that hits a few targets(usually 1 or 2 + Primary target). Also cleaves are also skills that you would normally use in single-target rotation anyways(DK Howling Blast).

Cleaves are:
    Cleave(Warrior)
    Blade Flurry(Rogue)
    Nether Tempest(Mage)
    Living Bomb(Mage, final explosion part)
    Frost Bomb(Mage)
    Hand of Gul'dan(Demo Warlock)
    Bane of Havoc(Destro Warlock)
    All 3 Paladin lvl 90 talents
    All 3 Hunter lvl 90 Talents(Needs good positioning for GT/PS)
    Chain Lightning(Shaman)
    Howling Blast(Death Knight)
    Death and Decay(Death Knight)

Also OT: I would love ES having a cleave, it would make it quite interesting and not make ES a dead button during mass AoE(Tortos bats).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

Also OT: I would love ES having a cleave, it would make it quite interesting and not make ES a dead button during mass AoE(Tortos bats).
    I wish they wouldn't make fireball a dead button during mass AoE, but hey, man can dream
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I wish they wouldn't make fireball a dead button during mass AoE, but hey, man can dream
    Well, different spell concept, ES is a DoT that explodes, wouldn't it be natural to have it damage those nearby?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, different spell concept, ES is a DoT that explodes, wouldn't it be natural to have it damage those nearby?
    and fireball is a...fire ball, i'm pretty sure if i throw an ignited ball in an Apple Store the day a new iPhone is released i won't damage a single person

Deleted
    Multi-shot is an AoE skill. Cleave is something that hits a few targets(usually 1 or 2 + Primary target). Also cleaves are also skills that you would normally use in single-target rotation anyways(DK Howling Blast).

Cleaves are:
    Cleave(Warrior)
    Blade Flurry(Rogue)
    Nether Tempest(Mage)
    Frost Bomb(Mage)
    Chain Lightning(Shaman)
    All of the bolded abilities hit an infinite number of targets and are extremely similiar to Multi-Shot. Heck if anything, I'd argue Multi-Shot is more of a cleave because it's a cone that requires positioning to hit nearby mobs of the primary target. Half of the things you mentioned are a giant area around the target.

A cleave is something you attack one target with and then deals damage to surrounding mobs. Our Beast Mastery passive Beast Cleave is a perfect example. I mean, it's hard to argue with something that's actually called ''cleave'' isn't it?
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-05-09 at 01:26 PM.

Cleaves are:
    Cleave(Warrior)
    Blade Flurry(Rogue)
    Nether Tempest(Mage)
    Frost Bomb(Mage)
    Chain Lightning(Shaman)

Umm, last time i checked Execution Sentence wasn't a cleave and holy prism when used while dpsing is a aoe heal. when used for healing it can cleave. but only useful on certain fights due to the cd.

10+ Year Old Account

Cleaves are:
    Cleave(Warrior)
    Blade Flurry(Rogue)
    Nether Tempest(Mage)
    Frost Bomb(Mage)
    Chain Lightning(Shaman)

I wouldn't call Nether Tempest a cleave as it stays on 1 target.
    Living Bomb end effect is an AoE
    Frost Bomb is an AoE
    Hand of Gul'dan is an AoE
    Havoc I wouldn't call it cleave, but not sure
    All 3 pala talents? Execution Sentence is single target, Light's Hammer is an AoE like Rain of Fire. Holy Prism could be called a cleave
    Neither of the 3 last hunter talents is really a cleave.
    Howling Blast is an AoE
    Death and Decay is an AoE

Cleave = Hit's primary target -> Jumps to X nearby targets dealing Y damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    I wouldn't call Nether Tempest a cleave as it stays on 1 target.
    Living Bomb end effect is an AoE
    Frost Bomb is an AoE
    Hand of Gul'dan is an AoE
    Havoc I wouldn't call it cleave, but not sure
    All 3 pala talents? Execution Sentence is single target, Light's Hammer is an AoE like Rain of Fire. Holy Prism could be called a cleave
    Neither of the 3 last hunter talents is really a cleave.
    Howling Blast is an AoE
    Death and Decay is an AoE

Cleave = Hit's primary target -> Jumps to X nearby targets dealing Y damage.
    As I explained
    Also cleaves are also skills that you would normally use in single-target rotation anyways(DK Howling Blast).
    Last time I checked, you used the following in single-target DPS:
    -Living Bomb
    -Frost Bomb
    -Howling Blast
    -Death and Decay
    -Nether Tempest
    -Hand of Gul'dan

Also I must have confused the healing and damage components of Paladin abilities, so sorry for that.
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2013-05-09 at 01:44 PM.

I shit my pants every time i see this kind of post "it is an explosive shot, should it not damage enemies around?"...

First there are many different kinds of explosives, many of them are meant to only damage the target they impact with - like the old dum-dum bullets irl.

Second, this is a fantasy game. Real life logic does not need to apply to a fantasy game, especially when that irl logic you are presenting is flawed (as proved above).

really guys?! this again?!

ffs learn the meaning of cleave, appreciate the thought jfk/tehterokkar has put into reworking an existing ability by reintroducing a familiar roleplay friendly concept, take a good long look at the hunter class, see and realise that we dont have an ability in our toolshed that bridges the gap between single target priotity and aoe and we will therefore be altered between overpowered and nerfed to compensate for the lack of it. only by adding a new tool or modifying one of our existing tools can that be avoided, which quite frankly seems to be in everyones very best interest.
    "hur dur homogenisation" is a strawman at best anyway.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2013-05-10 at 10:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    Think we'll ever see Explosive Shot hit multiple targets again?
    Would be fun, but I doubt it will happen, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    I just made an account here just to say, yes i want volley back, shit was good. also mana wouldn't be bad, it actually required you to switch aspects when you needed to regen mana. though mana did never really make sense for a hunter.