Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Ok like exo said, the DPS LMG is so not worth it on tortos bat tanking, infact you will not even notice it, the proc always hits your current target, and as far as i know even if you hit 10bats with thrash you will only get 1 charge.
    BUT!!!, if you are tanking the bats they tank lmg is so far superior to the LMG gem. You will mitigate ALOT of dmg with that, cause it proccs more often while aoe tanking. The stomp from tortos is Physical dmg(this is what kills you in combination with the bats).

@exo: I agree on 25m i would take the tankLMG aswell, the raiddps gain may be very low. I was talking about 10m in my last post. Megaera is a great example with the way you execute your fight, on why the tanglmg is better if you dont kill the green head.
    On all the other fights melee attacks will not kill you and your healers should never have problems healing that (not talking about durumu when you have 8 healingdebuffs).

In 25m i would say Tanklmg is the better choice, in 10m the extra dmg and not all bosses hitting so hard (tortos and magaera if you dont kill 1 head the entire fight excluded) the dps meta is a bit better.
    Last edited by Viromand; 2013-05-02 at 03:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally decided to switch to the DPS meta myself, was pretty surprised at the damage this little thing can do, here's logs for Jin'rohk and Horridon HC.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...?s=4882&e=5575

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...?s=1470&e=1744

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It heavily depends on format; 10 should probably go for the dps meta gem in all cases simply because the rdps contribution is so much more significant.
    Pretty much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    I finally decided to switch to the DPS meta myself, was pretty surprised at the damage this little thing can do, here's logs for Jin'rohk and Horridon HC.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...?s=4882&e=5575

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...?s=1470&e=1744
    So, I compared my log to yours: http://raidbots.com/comparebot/5182d...9000171#damage

Now, for example, my Mangles hit for 120k on average while your hit for 200k. How is that possible? Did you just have a lot of more vengeance? Looking at the damage taken, you took 47k DTPS while I took 30k so maybe that explains it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I suppose the real question is what problems are you experiencing on the encounter that's preventing the kill. If it's your own survivability, err on the side of caution with the tanking meta. If it's a problem with your healer, again, the tanking meta is the likely answer. If the bats are dying too slowly, maybe the DPS meta... but it's still not going to kill them much faster if at all. If the bat situation is fine and the problem is everything else, pick whichever meta you want.
    I used the DPS one on the first two heroics and it worked great, tons of DPS with no healer problems (not like I ever used the stam one before). But my biggest problem tanking the bats in my shield dropping, I can only help out the healers so much with SD / FR. I'm not having a problem dying when my shield drops to bats, but I start healing them alot and now they don't die before the next set comes out. Last night I used the DPS meta all night, and we had two sub 5% wipes, tonight I'm going to try the tanking one to see if it helps the healers at all with my shield.

Quote Originally Posted by inferior2 View Post
    So, I compared my log to yours: http://raidbots.com/comparebot/5182d...9000171#damage

Now, for example, my Mangles hit for 120k on average while your hit for 200k. How is that possible? Did you just have a lot of more vengeance? Looking at the damage taken, you took 47k DTPS while I took 30k so maybe that explains it?
    I compared that with my logs aswell, and it seems about right. Both of you should use FF more often. I quess he was tanking longer, dont know but my numbers are almost the same.even the mangle hits. Do you stand in the water while tanking?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    I compared that with my logs aswell, and it seems about right. Both of you should use FF more often. I quess he was tanking longer, dont know but my numbers are almost the same.even the mangle hits. Do you stand in the water while tanking?
    Faerie Fire resets melee swing (unless they fixed it recently). I think I read that it is a RPS loss to use it in the normal rotation, that is why I don't use it much. How do you mean stand in the water while tanking? You can't do that since you will spread Static Wound damage to everyone else in the water, right?

Edit:
    http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4572
    Okey, guess they fixed it. Sigh, shouldn't they put that in some hotfix notes or something. Oh well, more FF it is!
    Last edited by mmoc12abd0779c; 2013-05-03 at 11:51 AM.

I stand in the water the whole time, both of our tanks. the dmg increase is minor on the tanks. as a druid with a monk in our raid i mostly dodge static wound hits while other tank is stunned from beeing thrown, and otherwise i you taunt perfectly max 1 tick will go off everytime the debuff ist placed. Plus Static wound will only hit you harder, static wound will always spread to the raid if you get hit no matter where you stand, and since dps stand in the water all the time they will take the exact same amount, doestn matter where you are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    I stand in the water the whole time, both of our tanks. the dmg increase is minor on the tanks. as a druid with a monk in our raid i mostly dodge static wound hits while other tank is stunned from beeing thrown, and otherwise i you taunt perfectly max 1 tick will go off everytime the debuff ist placed. Plus Static wound will only hit you harder, static wound will always spread to the raid if you get hit no matter where you stand, and since dps stand in the water all the time they will take the exact same amount, doestn matter where you are.
    Standing in water means that you will take more damage. This means that you will gain more vengeance and deal more damage.
    Standing in water also means that you will deal more damage. This is why dps stand in the pool.
    Standing in water also increases the healing you gain.

Standing in water will make you more spiky as a tank (take more damage, take more healing). This is not much of an issue though, as healers do not have a ton to do during that phase.
    Standing in water will make your static wound do more damage to you, and therefore the raid, if you get melee hit while it's on you. The raid is already taking extra damage from static wound, as they are standing in the water themselves. I do not know the numbers as I haven't done him on hc yet, but I would imagine that a 10 stack melee hit from the boss while also standing in the pool as a tank, will pretty much one shot the raid. This just means that you and your co-tank need to do their jobs properly. If you have to tank the boss with like 3 stacks on you, you might just want to move out of the puddle.

No it doesnt, the aoe from static wound occurs everywhere you take a hit as a tank. even on heroic the dmg is not that much, if taunting goes as planned. The raid dmg stays exactly the same, only tank dmg is increased but since you will only want to have a tank soaking staticwound after the other tank is thrown, no pool is there to increase the dmg on the raid or tanks. after that you will maybe take 1 wound which does about 200k per poolphase on heroic, there are other problems than that.

Yeah, definitely feel free to tank him inside the puddle on normal. Heroic is fine too when you taunt back until a new SW is applied. 2 back to back hits while you're in the puddle with a new SW will kill the raid.

So finally, I managed to get my hands on the last secret I was missing, after smashing a ton of bosses in lfr today before tonight's raid, and got the dps gem just before raid time, and....

*jaw drop*
    *weird boner*

I giggled like a girl all raid tonight, while rest of my guildies were busy wtf-ing at my dps as bear tank.
    Now granted, we're just struggling through normal modes (dead server not helping & all that), but still, felt great to see myself ranking on first boss (and doing drastically more damage than before).

Can't wait to see how it plays out for some solo farming too

Quote Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
    So finally, I managed to get my hands on the last secret I was missing, after smashing a ton of bosses in lfr today before tonight's raid, and got the dps gem just before raid time, and....

*jaw drop*
    *weird boner*

I giggled like a girl all raid tonight, while rest of my guildies were busy wtf-ing at my dps as bear tank.
    Now granted, we're just struggling through normal modes (dead server not helping & all that), but still, felt great to see myself ranking on first boss (and doing drastically more damage than before).

Currently waiting on a ToT helm to use the dps meta before I go pay heroic 25 LK a visit. New weapon would be nice too.

I got my 2nd Guardian tier helmet last monday so I'm now in the luxury position to swap between melee and tank meta's freely. Since I'm running 10 mans and progressing on heroic I'll be using melee meta the most. I'll still keep tank meta for fights like Tortos Heroic though.

Deleted

*jaw drop*
    *weird boner*

I'm expecting a nerf..

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/14r75...?s=1027&e=1275

17% dmg from the meta gem. Just crazy.

Tanking adds on Heroic Horridon it was roughly 15% of my damage, and considering the amount of cleave damage going on thats pretty good

From the fights I did last night, I was seeing 13-20% damage buff from the meta... that's just so insane, but who can possibly not love it? :>
    Tried a quick Alysrazor soloing last night and had 2+ min faster kill than before... *giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by inferior2 View Post
    I'm expecting a nerf..
    While the damage itself may seem powerful, it's all about setting. In 25man raiding environment, I've shown even from my logs that the damage barely makes a difference, and that's assuming the damage goes into a target that matters. Even with your 10man logs, your DPS meta damage did just shy of 3% of the raids total damage on the fight, and you saved roughly 7 seconds on the fight length. Although I believe that 10man damage skewing would be the reason for the damage reduction (since it's much more drastic than 25man), the damage output really isn't that ground-breaking from the overall raiding picture.

The real metric would likely be if people started sitting tanks to bring in Guardians with legendary meta gems, however I doubt that's really happening on a larger scale. Besides, if you're paired with a competent Brewmaster or Prot Paladin (or even Prot Warrior), they can destroy our damage innately... legendary meta maybe levels the playing field a bit.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Even with your 10man logs, your DPS meta damage did just shy of 3% of the raids total damage on the fight, and you saved roughly 7 seconds on the fight length
    This is a single gem. I say again 1 METAGEM from 1 Tank doing 3% of raid dmg. It saved 7seconds. if you ahve a pala and a monk with the gem you get another 3%.

Druids BrM and paladin are almost on the same dps lvl. and giving both of them a LMG that does 3% of the total raid dmg. saving 14 seconds jsut from the tanks alone. If you dont call that op what is?

From the fights I did last night, I was seeing 13-20% damage buff from the meta... that's just so insane, but who can possibly not love it? :>
    Tried a quick Alysrazor soloing last night and had 2+ min faster kill than before... *giggle*
    Alysrazor is a *bit* of a strange encounter for it. I mean, I can kill it in 7mins with nothing but white hits and ~100 PPM on the meta.

If it does get nerfed, it'd be more just to fix the procrate to actually not give us a modifier we shouldn't have. Unless they decide to nerf it for every tank, you can expect it to remain at least a good 10% of our damage for a while to come .