Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Purpose of LFR was to let bad players and players with no time (to improve) to faceroll big bosses and keep all the accomplished feelings of a real raider.

Loot and gear is a big reward factor in raiding so they gave them a recolor of the real thing. This kept players happy for a while because they usually just had to wait for everything to be nerfed to get awesome loot.

But after a while they got tired of it. It's like a child who ate too much candy and now their tummy hurts. Sometimes in a game like WoW you have to eat your veggies to appreciate the sweets.
    That's just silly. Not everyone in LFR is bad or doesn't want to improve.
    I used to raid heroic ICC and did Ulduar hardmode bosses. I quit during Cata, but I came back for Mist. Right now I only raid LFR because I can't commit to a regular schedule for a raiding guild because of odd working times. I work a different shift every month, so I would have to be hopping guilds every month if I wanted to raid anything other than LFR. Just because I raid LFR doesn't mean I shouldn't be the best I can be, which is why I am here regularly on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXCAVALERA View Post
    I used LFR when it came out , out of curiosity , as most people did , back in Cata.

I used it again 2 times to check out the 2 other raids , i felt nothing , it was bland , boring. So i wonder.

What type of enjoyment does it provide to you?

Is it for gear, purples , with the tag " poo" , i mean "raidfinder" on it ?

Does it give a sense of progression , of improvement of your game ?

To see all the content? so you can say you have beaten the game?
    I love it because I can no longer dedicate my time to a 'real' PVE guild and commit to raid times. I can log in, queue and see the content. I get some raid gear that is better than the heroics dungeons and I'm happy.
    - Nom Nom

Quote Originally Posted by ChexMix View Post
    I love it because I can no longer dedicate my time to a 'real' PVE guild and commit to raid times. I can log in, queue and see the content. I get some raid gear that is better than the heroics dungeons and I'm happy.
    That pretty much sums it up. And when the wife agros or life beckons, alt+f4. It doesn't happen often but when it does, I don't feel bad because its lfr and the boss will still die without me.

Basically lfr is awesome if you were once a hardcore raider (I was in vanilla) and you still enjoy seeing the content and grabbing a few quick/cheesy purples without having to be glued to your chair for hours on end because your life no longer supports that kind of activity.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the easiest level of raiding difficulty tuned so that random groups of players can have a chance to complete it. It rewards gear, valor points, etc. and is available to anyone at any time day or night who can qualify for it.

It's purpose mainly is to provide access to raiding content and lesser rewards that otherwise requires an organized group or guild to successfully enter and complete.

And that's it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    ^^ This. And:

3. A relaxing way to enjoy raiding without the need to "work". I enjoy regular raiding. But, I also enjoy just hopping in LFR once in a while to go through the fights without the need for coordination or putting in a ton of effort. It also lets me practice my off-specs.
    Pretty much and working towards the legendary quest without having a raiding guild.

I used LFR when it came out , out of curiosity , as most people did , back in Cata.

I used it again 2 times to check out the 2 other raids , i felt nothing , it was bland , boring. So i wonder.

For me, to see content and get (enough) gear so that I can do the next tiers LFR with no problems.

At the current point (I think Im @ ilvl 507?), the only reason I go back at all is for the Wrathion quest. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't go at all till next tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was implemented to give another reason for jerks to whine about.

More seriously, it was a way to make the resources investment more profitable since a minority of players were seeing the raiding content. So now, it serves as progression content for casuals/opportunity to gear up alts for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    That pretty much sums it up. And when the wife agros or life beckons, alt+f4. It doesn't happen often but when it does, I don't feel bad because its lfr and the boss will still die without me.

Basically lfr is awesome if you were once a hardcore raider (I was in vanilla) and you still enjoy seeing the content and grabbing a few quick/cheesy purples without having to be glued to your chair for hours on end because your life no longer supports that kind of activity.
    What this guy said too.
    - Nom Nom

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Oh could you stfu you pathetic elitist asshole.

How about this: LFR is for people, like myself, who have 2 kids, an 8 year education, a steady job and a social life who ALSO like to play the game they been playing the last 7 years, to the fullest extent possible?

How about that?

So get the fuck of your high horse will you? Ill bet half my annual salary (which is probably more than you make in 5 years), and my s1-5 gladiator titel, that your sorry ass aint got half the skills i got, or for that matter, half the RL.
    you realize that you came off as a much of a 'pathetic, elitist, asshole' than the guy you were raging at? i honestly don't think he meant it the way you took it.
    what's up with claiming 8 years of education and then posting 'your sorry ass aint got half the skills i got' or were you meaning you made it to 7th grade? you also have NO arena achi's let alone multi glad titles. you don't have to try and impress anyone here.
    Last edited by Monoxyde; 2013-05-09 at 05:02 PM.

At the start of the expansion, my guild did LFR for a couple of weeks while we recruited. When our ranks were full. I did it once per week for the Valor. A month after 5.2 dropped, I had to stop raiding with my guild because I got a promotion at work. That turned LFR into my endgame experience. I appreciate it and I'm glad it exists. Before LFR, whenever my real life prevented me from raiding, I would unsubscribe.

The raid community is to blame for making LFR manditory for progression, not Blizzard. in 5.1 LFR came out 1-2 weeks after normal mode raids, and guilds were clearing the content in ilevel 463 gear. They wern't all special snowflake guilds either. Most raiders claim they want harder content, when they really don't. What they want is to overgear for it.

Quote Originally Posted by darklady View Post
    At the start of the expansion, my guild did LFR for a couple of weeks while we recruited. When our ranks were full. I did it once per week for the Valor. A month after 5.2 dropped, I had to stop raiding with my guild because I got a promotion at work. That turned LFR into my endgame experience. I appreciate it and I'm glad it exists. Before LFR, whenever my real life prevented me from raiding, I would unsubscribe.

The raid community is to blame for making LFR manditory for progression, not Blizzard. in 5.1 LFR came out 1-2 weeks after normal mode raids, and guilds were clearing the content in ilevel 463 gear. They wern't all special snowflake guilds either. Most raiders claim they want harder content, when they really don't. What they want is to overgear for it.
    this beautifully sums up why lfr exists and why it NEEDS to exist. even raiders who enjoy wiping night after night on the same boss enjoy face rolling stuff on alts in lfr. this wouldn't even be a discussion if people weren't so goddamn hateful over a video game. we're all nerds playing an mmo, can anyone really talk smack?

LFR was created to serve multiple purposes.
    1. To legitimise the expendature of resources on end game content. Previous to LFR less than 1% actually saw end game bosses or cinematics. Now a huge portion of the player base sees the content through LFR.
    2. To give the non-raiding player a TASTE of what raiding is like in hopes that some of them decide they they liked the TASTE of raiding and wanted to try the real raiding and join raiding guilds. This is also the reason why we have to do some PVP to get the wrathion PVE legendary, in hopes that some of us will find out that there is some other aspect of wow that we found out that we liked.
    3. To give players who decide to go on to raiding guilds gear which will allow them to help down raid bosses without having the raid carry them across the finish line.
    4. To allow the casual player to experience end game if they can not commit to a full time raiding guild.

LFR is working as intended even if you yourself don’t like casuals or LFR.

I joined a guild of RL friends who said they wanted to raid but were woefully unprepared in almost all ways to actually raid, they were sucking wind at heroic dungeons as it was. I showed them websites to help with rotation/stats/gemming/enchanting and then took them into LFR and they found they loved raiding in an LFR atmosphere and wanted to try the real deal after that.

So yes, the approach of introducing LFR to wow not only worked but not having something like LFR or LFD has neutered several other MMO’s that were supposed to be wow killers.

You can hate on LFR all you want but it is here to stay because it is working. If you are a progression guild and you are not having problems with finding new members/puggers to cover attendance issues then you have LFR to thank for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please, when responding to the thread, avoid personal insults, etc. It's off-topic and pointless.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I do LFR as I do not have time for scheduled raids.

Deleted
    Not everybody can raid normally, it's a nice feature to let people who don't have much time for wow.

it's a nice feature for everyone, even if it pisses us off sometimes. LFR has not caused anything bad to happen, bad players would still be bad, elitists would still think wow loot makes them cool. it's one more option we have.

Keeps people engaged in the game (theoretically). Before LFR, I could just ignore the expansion until the last patch was out, subscribe for 1 or 2 months, consume all the non-raid content, then unsubscribe again till the end of the next expansion (what I did in Cata). LFR combined with the Wrathion legendary questline tips the scales in favor of sticking around.

I do LFR because I rarely have 3-4 solid hours to dedicate to clearing a raid these days.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Speaking just for myself, I find LFRs to be enjoyable and at least more of a challenge than heroic dungeons. Due to my job, despite the fact that I play a good amount of time every week, I am not able to dedicate myself to setting aside the average of two nights for raiding normals and heroics with a guild. It isn't the ideal situation: I'd love to do harder raids, but the fact is my job and other personal responsibilities make it impossible to promise that I'll be available for 2 hours every Tuesday and Thursday, for example, and even when I am on and think I have awhile the time to prep for a raid and go through it is long enough that I'd often have to quit before we were done. I teach at a University, am writing a dissertation, working a side job... sadly, WoW doesn't lend itself to people with busy and eclectic schedules like mine. I play a lot but always at completely random dates and times... LFR is what I have to settle for since most guilds aren't accommodating to people who can't ensure that they'll make it for the full time set aside for raiding twice or, sometimes, thrice a wekk...

10+ Year Old Account
    its a bigger and "little" bit harder version of LFD that improve's my gear, i find it more enoyable to do then wipe for 3+ hours everyday or week
    and also its nice to see the raid =)