Deleted

Warlocks and horde races ?

Hey guys! Im preparing to move my incredibly underplayed alliance warlock to the horde to start playing with a buddy, but refuse to do so till i know what race to go, so in short, what is the best class for the 3 warlock specs? If possible, i would like to know the best affliction race, best demonology race, the best destruction race, and race who suits all 3 specs relatively well.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakthir90 View Post
    Hey guys! Im preparing to move my incredibly underplayed alliance warlock to the horde to start playing with a buddy, but refuse to do so till i know what race to go, so in short, what is the best class for the 3 warlock specs? If possible, i would like to know the best affliction race, best demonology race, the best destruction race, and race who suits all 3 specs relatively well.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    For DPS? Orc / Undead. Does it matter? Not in the slightest. The dps increase will literally be less than 1%. Unless you're planning to go PvP, then race really doesnt matter. Im a Belf and im not noticing any power difference if i compare myself to an orc that cant be fixed with skill.

Deleted
    what to you falls under *the best* i prefer how the look in that case UD all the way, but if you want in like raciels check out the diverens between them. but remember you have to look at the back end of it 99% of the time so :P

Deleted
    Im not so much interested in the look or the pvp aspect, this is purely from a dps standpoint. Im mainly thinking orc vs troll vs goblin in terms of what yields the higher dps if they was all in the exact same gear?

I might be mistaken but I think the ranking goes Orc > Troll > Undead > Goblin > Blood Elf but it's a really minor minor DPS difference. Personally I think male undead have the best looking cast animations so I went that with both my lock mains.

Well since the only Warlocks in the game should be Orc's I would go with that. They were the first Warlocks and should be the only.

10+ Year Old Account
    this expansion is 1 shot or be 1 shot so orcs 10% passive stun reduction is just insane for deeps/warrs/rogues (esp as an fc with the meta) as well as another damage trink to go with your burst orc is undisputable anyone who says otherwise should look at the top players races and why (pvp ofc) for pve I would also argue orc but troll possibly also due to haste

Dude.
    Undead are essentially zombies.
    Play destro and your playing a Zombie. On fire. Thats GREEN.
    Could you get any cooler? I say no sir!

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Well since the only Warlocks in the game should be Orc's I would go with that. They were the first Warlocks and should be the only.
    This should be quoted for nonsense of the year. Citation, please?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Dude.
    This is probably the wisest thing I have read all day.

OP: Technically atm Trolls are the top because of several beast bosses in ToT (IIRC) but it really doesn't matter, unless you want to pay to be on top of racials each patch. Choose a race you like the visuals, or racials (as in, CDs or PvP utility or Gobbo haste, etc) you find most interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    This should be quoted for nonsense of the year. Citation, please?
    First player race that in lore became warlocks were Orcs with the coming of Kil'Jaeden to Draenor. He's making a joke that since Orcs were primarily the only race to have Warlocks back in the RTS days only they should have Warlocks. It's amusing if you like to pay attention to the lore of the game. (Of course there's counterarguments that Humans, some High Elves, etc, have had contact with stray demons occassionally, but I digress)
    Last edited by mmoc95c4570f6c; 2013-05-09 at 06:13 PM.

Blood elf male warlocks are the sexiest things in the game.

@Queen Ultima
    Too much for talking. CITATION, please? And clear. Long before orcs came, there were eredars, humans playing with demons, high elves banished, etc. I don't need citation for this because its in game. But nothing ever says orcs were first.

Deleted
    @Queen Ultima
    Too much for talking. CITATION, please? And clear. Long before orcs came, there were eredars, humans playing with demons, high elves banished, etc. I don't need citation for this because its in game. But nothing ever says orcs were first.
    If not lorewise, then at least in the RTSes since Orcs were the faction with Warlocks and Death Knights and Humans the faction with priests and Paladins. It's arguable that the orcs were the first warlocks in the modern sense since humans that "played with demons" weren't warlocks in the same sense, as for one the Guardians of Tirisfal were made to hide the existence of demons, so Orcs were the first race to have openly acknowledged Warlocks. Also, if you're saying that Draenei count as Eredar Warlocks that isn't fair since a) Draenei left explicitly before the Eredar got demonic power, and b) if you were to suggest a Draenei was the first Warlock you'd be attacked by a Draenei in-lore. Also, your citation http://www.wowwiki.com/Warlock#History but this is VERY off topic. >.<

EDIT: OP, as for specs, I believe (though don't count me on this) that Affliction tries to have a high haste priority, Demonology a high mastery priority and Destruction a high crit priority. In theory, Orcs are strong for Demonology (pet damage), Trolls for Affliction (haste cooldown), and Goblins affliction as well for the cast-speed increase but really all those are strong for all specs (except Orc if you go Grim. of Sacrifice, I'm not sure if that becomes baked into Sacrifice for Orcs).
    Last edited by mmoc95c4570f6c; 2013-05-09 at 07:09 PM.

@Queen Ultima

I did not buy it, but it IS Off topic.

@Topic

Given the RPPM System, i'd say trolls do better with their haste buff.

For demo it's going to be troll because you can line up haste proc's (including berserking) before using imp swarm and it snapshots the current value for the CD reduction. Imp swarm pretty much isn't viable in pve otherwise outside of situations where you need the burst.

Beyond that and assuming none of the bosses are beasts (which would again favor troll) then its whatever you prefer, goblin offers passive haste so its an increase you never have to think about, troll and orc give you an extra thing to manage in each of their mini cds but in all probability give you the bigger gain when min-maxed.

If you want some kind of concrete rule for specs I'd wager:

Destro~orc, While haste is good for destro large haste buffs for short periods of time are a fairly small increase whereas chaos bolt scales ridiculously with spell power. The nerf to GoSac also makes using Sup or Serv "better" in most situations so you're taking advantage of the 2% increased pet dmg.

Demo~Troll, for the imp swarm reason stated above as well as increasing the total number of doom ticks you can potentially achieve.

Aff~Troll if you're comfy with managing an extra cd as it will in all probability provide a slightly* higher benefit and large haste procs are amazing for aff, or goblin if you'd rather not manage an extra thing and just have the passive haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Dude.
    Vanilla intro video says hi.

Wow, its been so long since ive seen that.

10+ Year Old Account

@Topic

Given the RPPM System, i'd say trolls do better with their haste buff.
    I'm thinking the exact same thing.

Trolls. Haste CD, +damage to beasts, +expertise with ranged - i.e. +hit with wands
    Orcs a close second