71 46.71%
  • No

81 53.29%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    We NEED another mail dps spec. Not that many enhance shamans and Hunters dont need an entire armor spec and weapon to themselves. Just like the issue with caster plate and mail. That shit needs delt with.

I LOVE this Tinkerer and alchemist specs would use up 2 highly decaying armor drops Mail caster, and Agi mail.
    I have nothing against having Tinkers or Alchemist, but we already have Engineering and Alchemy as professions. That kind of puts a damn on things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    So many melee, sick of em.

Gimme more casters or something else that can use a bow.
    This. I want a new ranged class so badly... I love the concept of Death Knights and Monks, but I just hate melee. Bring on the bows and spells!

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    There's a lot of casters in the game already. So much so, that I don't see what type of caster they could logically be. We have nearly everything caster-wise.

As for ranged, the only one that makes sense to me is the Tinker having an AGI mail spec that uses guns and xbows.
    Melee and ranged DPS specs ain't that far apart, 11 to 12 IIRC. A Techno-mage could make a great Tinker spec, and add a second class to the Int mail table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I have nothing against having Tinkers or Alchemist, but we already have Engineering and Alchemy as professions. That kind of puts a damn on things.
    Doubtful. Engineering and Tinkers don't share the same name or abilities. In the case of the Alchemist, you probably wouldn't see an alchemist class. You would more than likely see some of the alchemist's abilities like Healing Spray and Acid Bomb as abilities within the Tinker class.

Tinker would work. Alchemist is unlikely due to as Teriz said, a lot of potential could be incorporated in one of the Tinker specs.

I'm willing to bet money on the next class being Mail and using ranged weapons. Personally, if I had to also bet on the exact class, it would be a Dark Ranger. But a Tinker would fit just as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Tinker would work. Alchemist is unlikely due to as Teriz said, a lot of potential could be incorporated in one of the Tinker specs.

I'm willing to bet money on the next class being Mail and using ranged weapons. Personally, if I had to also bet on the exact class, it would be a Dark Ranger. But a Tinker would fit just as well.
    Only thing that makes me doubt Dark Rangers would be the fact that they would almost have to be pure DPS. Them tanking or healing would be quite a stretch. Also it would be difficult to develop specs for the class that don't overlap with Hunters.

Only thing that makes me doubt Dark Rangers would be the fact that they would almost have to be pure DPS. Them tanking or healing would be quite a stretch. Also it would be difficult to develop specs for the class that don't overlap with Hunters.
    That wouldn't be such a bad thing if they were able to provide enough spec flavor. Blizzard added Death Knights and Monks and there's still not really any more tanks or healers than there was before. They're just now spread between an extra class or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    That wouldn't be such a bad thing if they were able to provide enough spec flavor. Blizzard added Death Knights and Monks and there's still not really any more tanks or healers than there was before. They're just now spread between an extra class or two.
    Valid point. But what about the specs? What kind of specs would a Dark Ranger class have? As you say, they would have to provide considerable spec flavor. ESPECIALLY if Blizzard just happens to drop pet requirements for Marksmanship Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post

Also another potential indicator is we still only have 1 spec of 1 class that uses spell plate, making it the most irregular item class in the game.
    Should just force holy pally into using mail spirit gear imo.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Too much bloat, no new class plx.

Pets aren't going anywhere for Hunters. No matter how much we ask, they've stated that Hunters, like Warlocks are a pet class through and through. Our defensive tools are even baked into our pet. Even GoSac for Warlocks is looking at being redesigned next expansion (from GC himself) since it defeats the point of being a pet class.

As for specs, just the rough barebones

Melee DPS spec using Agility daggers and shadow manipulation.
    Ranged DPS Sylvanas style spec using blighted ammo. Could use a few concepts from the Diablo 3 Demon Hunter like Entangling Shot, Hungering Arrow, Elemental Arrow, Shadow Power, Vault, etc.
    Ranged DPS necromancy type spec using Int Mail and focuses on shadow/arcane damage, raising skeletons, and using souls as weapons.

But like I said, I could still easily see the Tinker. Based on Ghostcrawler's comments, it's likely a Mail user with ranged weapons. Adding at least one other spec on Int Mail would be a large bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post
    Too much bloat, no new class plx.
    We're still missing a third mail class, and we have a class that gets an entire class of weapons all to themselves.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 08:28 PM ----------

/snip
    Cool spec ideas! Thanks for the enjoyable read.

Only thing I would change is the DPS Necromancer. There's no INT bows/Xbows/guns in the game.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but there won't be any intellect-based bow class. Any bow class like rangers would have to be entirely agility based just like hunters because there is no intellect-based bows in WoW. So if you were hoping for Priestess of the Moon, Dark Rangers, or Naga Sea Witches, you might as well forget it.

EDIT: Damnit! Beaten.... >,<

We're still missing a third mail class, and we have a class that gets an entire class of weapons all to themselves.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 08:28 PM ----------

Cool spec ideas! Thanks for the enjoyable read.

Only thing I would change is the DPS Necromancer. There's no INT bows/Xbows/guns in the game.
    Just like there were no tanking 2h weapons in the game but thanks to Runeforging in Wrath....

Just like there were no tanking 2h weapons in the game but thanks to Runeforging in Wrath....
    Dude, there's a big difference between that and the fact that all ranged weapons are agility-based. You would need to make a whole new set of ranged weapons just for this new class.

And yeah, that goes for Tinkers too. Tinkers are intelligence-based. How are you going to make them physical ranged?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    A Tinker class
    Hi Guys, been a while I see Teriz is still arguing for a Tinker class.

So I will interject here, most of his idea is valid, however tinkers will not be the class.

First I will put this chart I made last year, for a different thread also started by Teriz, in which he came to the same conclusion I had and completely rejected the idea.

Current classes Armor Type Role
    Paladin Plate Tank/Healer/Melee DPS
    Warrior Plate Tank/Melee DPS /Melee DPS
    Death Knight Plate Tank/Melee DPS/Pet DPS
    Hunter Mail Ranged/Pet DPS/Ranged/PetPet DPS/Pet DPS
    Shaman Mail Caster DPS/Healer/Melee DPS
    Rogue Leather Melee DPS /Melee DPS/Melee DPS
    Druid Leather Tank/Healer/Melee DPS/Caster DPS
    Monk Leather Tank/Healer/Melee DPS
    Mage Cloth Caster DPS/Pet DPS/Caster DPS
    Warlock Cloth Pet DPS/Pet DPS, off tank/Pet DPS
    Priest Cloth Healer/Caster DPS/Healer

You will see the gaps in this chart.

Melee DPS = 10
    Pet DPS = 8
    Healer = 6
    Caster DPS = 5
    Ranged/Pet DPS = 2
    Tank/ = 5 with a caster off tank 1/2 spec.

So what is needed (pure speculation)
    Classes Armor Type Role
    New Class Mail Ranged DPS/ tank / Caster DPS

So now we list out some Classes and Hero Classes from all Blizzard Games which can fit this bill.

Yes the tinker fits Tank and ranged, but not caster. Also Tinker was a goblin only hero, and we have engineering in game already.

Necromancer, Both Warcraft and Diablo have versions, they can fit as a mail Class with casting, although Tanking and Ranged weapons would be a stretch, also Death Knights are technically Necromancers if they run unholy.

So Mail Wearing, Iconic Ranged weapons ,Caster that can melee tank. Only one group fits this.

Demon Hunter: WC3 caster Melee with Stealth, fast DPS. In WOW the few we seen have opened up the idea they can wear any armor, in Diablo 3 they showed how they can be ranged weapon users in mail. It would also be the last Hero Class, possibly start at a redesigned phased Black Temple. They would get a cool Mail Pajama pants with a nearly bare chested Chest piece so they can always have the Iconic illidian look.
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2013-05-09 at 09:32 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're still missing a third mail class, and we have a class that gets an entire class of weapons all to themselves
    Adding a class for the sole reason of there being 3 classes for each armor type is just retarded, we're not 'missing' a mail class. Another class using a range weapon and mail aswell...how's that not bloat? I'd rather they put the effort into polishing what we already have, quality over quantity as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Dude, there's a big difference between that and the fact that all ranged weapons are agility-based. You would need to make a whole new set of ranged weapons just for this new class.

And yeah, that goes for Tinkers too. Tinkers are intelligence-based. How are you going to make them physical ranged?
    Accomplished with a Runeforge style ability that allows you to convert the Agility into Intellect or vice versa on a weapon. A Dark Ranger's Int using spec could "corrupt" the weapon while a Tinker could add some sort of mechanical modifcation.

Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post
    Adding a class for the sole reason of there being 3 classes for each armor type is just retarded, we're not 'missing' a mail class. Another class using a range weapon and mail aswell...how's that not bloat? I'd rather they put the effort into polishing what we already have, quality over quantity as always.
    Int Mail has two specs of a single class using it. Enhancement Shaman are largely a rarity and leaves Hunters as the primary recipient of Agility Mail. Agi Mail could largely be considered true Hunter loot, a single class. Ranged weapons are only usable for a single class. Agility daggers are usable by a single class.

Ghosrcrawler has stated many times that he doesn't like that type of design with loot. He wants loot to be desired beyond a single class or spec since then it doesn't feel as much like a limited and wasted drop. A new class would help as a selling point for the new expansion and they have options to fix their loot issues through that.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-05-09 at 09:27 PM.

I'd rather see beastmasters as a class. maybe throwing axes/ daggers/ swords could be ranged along with a hawk for pet. melee choice of fists/ daggers dw or 2h axes/swords/ polearms with cats as pets. and tanks use 2h and bears.that's just me. I don't think demon hunters should be playable they sound like a class that sounds good on paper but final product would be a letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    I'd rather see beastmasters as a class. maybe throwing axes/ daggers/ swords could be ranged along with a hawk for pet. melee choice of fists/ daggers dw or 2h axes/swords/ polearms with cats as pets. and tanks use 2h and bears.that's just me. I don't think demon hunters should be playable they sound like a class that sounds good on paper but final product would be a letdown.
    Doubtful it will be another melee with the last two being melee centric. If we got a "Beast Master" it would also conflict directly with Hunters. It's more likely for Blizzard's next class to use itemization types that are limited atm like ranged weapons, Mail (both Int and Agi,) or Int Plate.

Demon Hunters are a good idea but there's design limitations on them given how much of their kit has already been given to others like Warlocks, Rogues, and Priests. The idea people have thrown of using the D3 style Demon Hunter but Demon Hunters from Diablo aren't the same as Demon Hunters in WoW. They're not even in the same ballpark and using the name would be a big "wtf" for anyone who knows the lore in any shape or form. D3 Demon Hunters are closer in design to Dark Rangers from the WoW universe, just minus the necromancy aspects. Even the artwork and designs of the D3 Demon Hunter are near identical to Forsaken Dark Ranger with the shadow imagery, black cloaks, etc.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-05-09 at 09:41 PM.