Page 29 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why can't I have an extra $350 on me right now to get me two boxes of Modern Masters?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    I didn't look at all the cards but I would put some draw in there like Sign of blood man I love that card so much.

---------- Post added 2013-05-04 at 06:21 PM ----------

Yeah every card game that I have played is like that. I haven't played a ton of card games but yeah Magic,WoW,LotfR,Pokemon and anything else the older cards are usually so much better. Then again I haven't played pokemon since fossil and LotfR is about 10 years so I don't know if they have made better cards. Oh heroclicks was the same as well.
    That's not that simple. Magic is a good example. Newer cards are finding themselves more and more frequently in legacy/vintage. We are getting new creatures and spells which are frankly much more powerful TOOLS than we ever had, we simply aren't getting stronger ENGINES.

If you took the time to look at the recent cards getting played and their impact, you might be shocked to see how strong it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    I didn't look at all the cards but I would put some draw in there like Sign of blood man I love that card so much.

---------- Post added 2013-05-04 at 06:21 PM ----------

Yeah every card game that I have played is like that. I haven't played a ton of card games but yeah Magic,WoW,LotfR,Pokemon and anything else the older cards are usually so much better. Then again I haven't played pokemon since fossil and LotfR is about 10 years so I don't know if they have made better cards. Oh heroclicks was the same as well.
    LOL bill is even banned now from what i know. Ya know the draw 2 cards card.

They say it just lets ya keep drawing i see it as ab excuse to get rid of goid cards.

Hell yu gi oh wise i had both swords of revealing light(3 turn paralysis) and Raigeki(destroy all opponents monsters) now they're banned i think even pot of greed is secerely limited.

Magic wise i have a buddy who used to play alot he was helping me learn. And his old deck revolved around a rare expensive creature....That now has essentially a skill clone that seens to be damn common it's Consuming Abberation.

I have like 3-4 from booster oacks alone maybe more. According to my buddy in the old days cards like him were borderline broken in the right deck.

So yeah it is a right pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes Tarmogoyf a mythic rare? At best, he's, what, a 5/6? With no other abilities for two mana? Hell, Boneyard Wurm is potentially better, because it can keep growing. And it's only uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    What makes Tarmogoyf a mythic rare? At best, he's, what, a 5/6? With no other abilities for two mana? Hell, Boneyard Wurm is potentially better, because it can keep growing. And it's only uncommon.
    Because Tarmagoyf counts every graveyard and because Wizards wanted it to be mythic to sell packs. Tarmagoyf usually comes out as a 2/3 or 3/4, easy to splash into multicolor decks, and usually isn't a bad draw. It is probably the strongest green creature to be printed and part of the 4 strongest two mana creatures to ever see print.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0755306&type=1

Slivers back in M14 1 drop 1/1 that gives slivers first strike is pretty cray.

Striking and Sentinel Sliver are probably the only ones that stand out, they are decent on their own, with the former being particularly annoying.

I am surprised though that we got an M14 spoiler so soon, since Modern Masters is officially a month away while M14 is around 2 1/2 months.

It's much easier to get 4 different types of cards in the graveyard than 4 creatures if you don't have a deck dedicated to it. And if you do, suddenly your deck is one-dimensional and easy to hate out.

In addition, goyf is one of the most iconic creatures in the whole game, had a visible (gigantic even) impact in every format (well, funnily enough, less in standard than elsewhere), and is the most expensive card in modern. It's an easy candidate for mythic since they do not want MM to significantly lower the prices of the cards on the secondary market.

Finally, I'd also like to point out that they are trying to move complexity away from common and uncommon cards, and while it might seem to you that goyf is common, for newer players to memorize and easily understand the concept of different card types and the immediate impact they have is much harder than simply "count the number of creatures in your graveyard", specially since goyf is symmetrical.

Now, if you believe the wurm is better than the goyf :P or should be higher rarity, I suggest you do some reading and check some prices and... Well, the works!

EDIT: Also, I've seen a much bigger goyf than 5/6... I've seen 7/8, max is 8/9...
    Last edited by Snorkle; 2013-05-07 at 10:46 PM.

Looks like "<name> is unblockable" is turning into "can't be blocked" and possibility of "<name> is indestructible" turning into just "indestructible".

10+ Year Old Account
    "Can't be blocked" seems weird, seeing as how they shorten everything into keywords, instead of extending it into a phrase.

"Can't be blocked" seems weird, seeing as how they shorten everything into keywords, instead of extending it into a phrase.
    Makes the phrase smaller by a small amount, plus you see that phrasing on certain cards, so instead of having two different phrases they went with one.

Changing indestructibility like that allows cards that make a creature have no abilities will take away indestructibility with the new wording.

I am also hoping that slivers isn't the returning mechanic as I am still waiting for Provoke or Entwine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Provoke is awesome. I love my Feral Throwback in my beast deck.

Provoke is awesome. I love my Feral Throwback in my beast deck.
    My beast deck is literally built around provoke. I use Berserk Murlodont to pump the ones that force something to block. Krosan Vorine is also a pretty awesome creature. Contested Cliffs is just an all star too.

10+ Year Old Account
    My beast deck was green/red for awhile because of Aether Charge and a couple of beasts, but I think it works better as mono-green.

My beast deck was green/red for awhile because of Aether Charge and a couple of beasts, but I think it works better as mono-green.
    I did R/G because I got to use some of the other beasts with provoke. I should really go back to my old decks and update them. I know my favorite deck has to be my worst deck filled with one-ofs and horrible mana.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2013-05-10 at 04:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aether Charge and Totem Speaker. Gotta love a 7-life swing when you play a beast. Expensive though.

Aether Charge and Totem Speaker. Gotta love a 7-life swing when you play a beast. Expensive though.
    Expensive, but pretty worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, my friend called me and asked a question. Basically, what happens if a player is defending with a creature with lifelink, and the rest of combat damage will ultimately kill her, before the life gained? He said he looked it up and the player would die anyway, but I swear it works the other way. Since combat damage and life gain through life link would take place simultaneously, the player would either never hit zero life, or it happens so suddenly that it doesn't matter.

So, my friend called me and asked a question. Basically, what happens if a player is defending with a creature with lifelink, and the rest of combat damage will ultimately kill her, before the life gained? He said he looked it up and the player would die anyway, but I swear it works the other way. Since combat damage and life gain through life link would take place simultaneously, the player would either never hit zero life, or it happens so suddenly that it doesn't matter.
    They take place at the same time. I have had the same situation before damage happens at the same time and the player only loses when they are at 0 life when someone gets priority which only happens after the damage is done.