Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    The UI isn't configured for Destro Locks. It's configured for Affliction and Demonology. You'll have to manually make your own strings in Weak Auras. If you follow the format I have setup, it shouldn't be too difficult if you have any experience with Weak Auras. I don't play Destro so I don't have any reason to create any Destro strings. Sorry

As for Big Wigs, the best way would be to load BigWigs and DBM at the same time, then put DBM into Test Mode, configure Big Wigs, and place the bars/messages in the same place. I truly like Big Wigs better but I can't find a good skin for the bars and if I use the default skin, the bars sit right next to each other and it's hard to see where one bar ends and the next begins.
    I'm familiar with weak auras

But Strings?

Also I have a mouseover focus macro bound to my scroll up and scroll down on my mouse... there is something in you UI that is preventing that, what could that be that it causing it? Some kind of unit frame?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanlock View Post
    I'm familiar with weak auras

But Strings?

Also I have a mouseover focus macro bound to my scroll up and scroll down on my mouse... there is something in you UI that is preventing that, what could that be that it causing it? Some kind of unit frame?
    theres nothing wrong with this, i have checked mouseover macro and it worked fine

type /dom lock enable bar 6 and place it somewere stupid..

put your macros on it.
    type /kb
    bind your macro's to that bar only

type /dom lock Disable bar 6 and you have your macro's working fine.

you possibly put them on the toolbar thats held with Shift meaning the KB can be funny and would be Shift mousewheel up etc..
    anyways that how i got round it.
    as for destro its easy to configure,
    just go into weak aura's and view the soul shards section just duplicate and instead track burning embers you only need to know when you have a full ember bar or not. thats how i did it. lydude awesome interface

Update on changes

-lightened the class colors
    -cleaned up questlog layout
    -added black lines to separate the skada bars
    -moved buff bars up because designing this on a rogue made me forget that there would normally be spell text right above the cast bar for the player frame and the bars were covering it up hehe
    -took out the spacing between the buff bars so that they would mimic the skada bars
    -worked out the raidframes (will post a pic of a raidshot tom)

Getting closer to "release"

<3
    Ish

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Update on changes

<3
    Ish
    I'm not normally a big fan of that font, but your UI pulls it off quite well. I like it Simple and elegant.

With !dbm I can't seen to change the font size and with the timer bar scaling at 1.05, I can't really change much without borders being all derpy. Font is way tiny if scaling is at 1.00. There an easy fix if someone can pm me or something. But hardly important and not worth looking into unless you know on hand.

Green timer in target frame is TimetoDie, just getting used to it at the moment, gonna do some styling and integrate it into the UI later on. Suggestions on it would be awesome though.

All praising and criticism welcome.

Deleted
    Update on changes

-moved buff bars up because designing this on a rogue made me forget that there would normally be spell text right above the cast bar for the player frame and the bars were covering it up hehe
    -took out the spacing between the buff bars so that they would mimic the skada bars

<3
    Ish
    It's a beauty
    I am honestly thinking about making my own version of it but where everything is a little bit smaller and with a pixel font.
    The black lines you added to skada, did you add them to the bar texture in a picture editing program or are each line a kgpanel?
    If it's a kgpanel, how did you anchor/parent it to each skada bar?
    When i do a /framestack they don't get any unique names.
    Or do you have a black background on your skada window and have the lines there at all times?

Update on changes

<3
    Ish
    This is fantastic, I will definitely want to give this a try, so simple and elegant.
    Release soon then Ish <3

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Update on changes

<3
    Ish
    Go into the SpecializedLibBars-1.0//SpecializedLibBars-1.0.lua in skada, line 1320 and you can edit the self.timerLabel and self.label points to bump your text up half a pixel. It will make the text centered on skada instead of being slightly lower down!

It took me a while to find it but when I did I was so happy! (:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Go into the SpecializedLibBars-1.0//SpecializedLibBars-1.0.lua in skada, line 1320 and you can edit the self.timerLabel and self.label points to bump your text up half a pixel. It will make the text centered on skada instead of being slightly lower down!

It took me a while to find it but when I did I was so happy! (:
    What should it be changed to?
    Or, what should be changed here to get it like that?

Code:
    self.label = self.label or self:CreateFontString(nil, "OVERLAY", "ChatFontNormal")
    		self.label:SetText(text)
    		self.label:ClearAllPoints()
    		self.label:SetPoint("LEFT", self, "LEFT", 3, 0)
    		self:ShowLabel()

local f, s, m = self.label:GetFont()
    		self.label:SetFont(f, s or 10, m)

self.timerLabel = self.timerLabel or self:CreateFontString(nil, "OVERLAY", "ChatFontNormal")
    		self:SetTimerLabel("")
    		self.timerLabel:ClearAllPoints()
    		self.timerLabel:SetPoint("RIGHT", self, "RIGHT", -6, 0)
    		self:HideTimerLabel()

local f, s, m = self.timerLabel:GetFont()
    		self.timerLabel:SetFont(f, s or 10, m)

self:SetScale(1)
    		self:SetAlpha(1)
    		--[[
    		self.texture:SetAlpha(1)
    		self.bgtexture:SetAlpha(0.6)
    		self.icon:SetAlpha(1)
    		]]--

self.length = length or 200
    		self.thickness = thickness or 15
    		self:SetOrientation(orientation or 1)

value = value or 1
    		maxVal = maxVal or value
    		self.value = value
    		self.maxValue = maxVal

self:SetMaxValue(maxVal)
    		self:SetValue(value)
    Thanks!<3

Quote Originally Posted by Korallis View Post
    theres nothing wrong with this, i have checked mouseover macro and it worked fine

type /dom lock enable bar 6 and place it somewere stupid..

put your macros on it.
    type /kb
    bind your macro's to that bar only

type /dom lock Disable bar 6 and you have your macro's working fine.

you possibly put them on the toolbar thats held with Shift meaning the KB can be funny and would be Shift mousewheel up etc..
    anyways that how i got round it.
    as for destro its easy to configure,
    just go into weak aura's and view the soul shards section just duplicate and instead track burning embers you only need to know when you have a full ember bar or not. thats how i did it. lydude awesome interface
    Ok I got all those ironed out...

however what is preventing me from changing glyphs... I can't even selected to overwrite them

EDIT: nevermind read on the download page it was something to do with Weakauras... got that straight
    Last edited by Lycanlock; 2013-05-10 at 04:22 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    What should it be changed to?
    Or, what should be changed here to get it like that?

Thanks!<3
    Change:

Code:
    self.timerLabel:SetPoint("RIGHT", self, "RIGHT", -6, 0)
    To: (for example)

Code:
    self.timerLabel:SetPoint("RIGHT", self, "RIGHT", -6, 0.5)
    That slight change should bump the text up just enough to make it look like it's even in the middle of the bar. The value you need depends on the font and the height of your bars.

Hoping someone here can help. I was wondering if anyone knows how to make bars 4 and 5 Horizontal instead of Vertical using rActionBarStyler and rActionButtonStyler. I was able to set up a perfect button skin with them for my UI, but both of those bars are Vertical by default. I believe they are also the 2 Vertical bars in the default Blizzard UI.

I looked through the LUA, but my limited knowledge with the AddOns proved to not be too helpful. If anyone is familiar with this, I'd love some quick help.

NOTE: I went into the LUA and made 4 & 5 have independent anchors via the bar config so I could move each of them separately.
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Update on changes

<3
    Ish
    Pleeeeease for the love of god release this this weekend Ish. I need this in my life, it's gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post

With !dbm I can't seen to change the font size and with the timer bar scaling at 1.05, I can't really change much without borders being all derpy. Font is way tiny if scaling is at 1.00. There an easy fix if someone can pm me or something. But hardly important and not worth looking into unless you know on hand.

Green timer in target frame is TimetoDie, just getting used to it at the moment, gonna do some styling and integrate it into the UI later on. Suggestions on it would be awesome though.

All praising and criticism welcome.
    The raid frames look way better in this version. maybe moving your combat text? I am not a fan of having combat text in the middle of the screen.

Also where is your target of target frame when there is one??

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    The raid frames look way better in this version. maybe moving your combat text? I am not a fan of having combat text in the middle of the screen.

Also where is your target of target frame when there is one??
    ToT is directly right of Target Frame. Same size as pet frame with Name. Nothing fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raizenyokai View Post
    Hoping someone here can help. I was wondering if anyone knows how to make bars 4 and 5 Horizontal instead of Vertical using rActionBarStyler and rActionButtonStyler. I was able to set up a perfect button skin with them for my UI, but both of those bars are Vertical by default. I believe they are also the 2 Vertical bars in the default Blizzard UI.

I looked through the LUA, but my limited knowledge with the AddOns proved to not be too helpful. If anyone is familiar with this, I'd love some quick help.

NOTE: I went into the LUA and made 4 & 5 have independent anchors via the bar config so I could move each of them separately.
    It's been some time since I last used rActionBarStyler, so I just took a quick look through the code, but I think this should fix it:

Go to loop in bar4.lua:41-52 and bar5.lua:34-45 and change the SetPoints to build horizontally instead of vertically.
    Code:
    if i == 1 then
          button:SetPoint("LEFT", frame, cfg.padding, 0)
        else
          local previous = _G["MultiBarBottomRightButton"..i-1]
          button:SetPoint("LEFT", previous, "RIGHT", cfg.buttons.margin, 0)
        end

http://i41.tinypic.com/34r827d.jpg
    http://i40.tinypic.com/33c20kg.jpg
    http://i44.tinypic.com/25ri886.jpg

Survival; Dire Beast and Fervor don’t appear. Why? Because I’m using Thrill of the Hunt, as Surv is my AoE heavy spec. It is not used on fights that are add free or light in adds.
    Beast Mastery; Pretty straight forward. I have 2 Spirit Mend macros, one for me and one for my focus target (which is usually a tank).
    Combat; MikScrollingBattleText. Must have. The default damage text tells you 150,000 crit, but not what DID that crit. The combat log flies by so fast I can’t read it. MSBT puts an icon there so I know what’s critting and for how much. The notice at the bottom may seem redundant, but every once in a great while I'll miss a CD line on NeedToKnow epiring, and the click of the notice will reinforce it.

Neither have Stampede listed, because it has such a long CD that by the time it’s down to 10 sec, I’m watching it ready to hit it. Explosive Shot and Kill Command are omitted because… 6 seconds? I think I can track that just fine. Serpent Sting is actually a target debuff timer, so I know if I get careless and it falls off.

All my toons are similarly set up, UI is the same with relevant CDs being tracked (Riptide, Swiftmend, Divine Givememana, Rupture, etc). As shown, the bars, when not in edit mode, are not visible unless they’ve been triggered (i.e. I’ve activated Bestial Wrath).
    Last edited by zenyatta; 2013-05-11 at 10:16 AM.

Update on changes

<3
    Ish
    Cmon Ish.
    Starts Chanting
    WE WANT UI
    WE WANT UI

On a serious note, how is it coming along?
    Any chance of a raid shot? Pref a combat one

Deleted
    Just installed my new 27" 2560x1440 screen, time to tinker with a new UI tonight

Kinda stuck where to go with it, any thoughts/suggestions?

Last edited by mmoc37caee976f; 2013-05-11 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
    I'm not normally a big fan of that font, but your UI pulls it off quite well. I like it Simple and elegant.
    That's so funny - I had the hardest time adjusting to RealUI because it _wasn't_ that font (and I tend to put some parts back to that font anyway!)