Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Can I sum this whole fight up for you guys?

side 1: We aren't getting content fast enough, but it's still a good game

side 2: Here is content coming at an unknown date so stop bashing the game.

Can I advise both sides to just drop it as neither of you are arguing the same thing.
    Give this man a beer. He "gets" it.

Hence my facepalm.

All the vets are saying is: "We're not happy with the slow-down in content and the mushroom treatment from the community guys."

Syno and Slip think we are bashing the game.

We're not. We're just disappointed with Trion for shifting gears on us. We're bashing Trion.

And, yes... when 2.3 lands, if it hasn't been too long and our attention isn't on some other mmo, we'll definitely give it a try again and sing its praises if it's any good. The problem is... due to the neglect, many might not even bother returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Can I sum this whole fight up for you guys?

side 1: We aren't getting content fast enough, but it's still a good game

side 2: Here is content coming at an unknown date so stop bashing the game.

Can I advise both sides to just drop it as neither of you are arguing the same thing.
    Pretty much this. All we are saying is that is has been a while since we have gotten content that does not either expire within a couple weeks or become boring after a few hours. The first couple of weeks of SL were great fun for me personally. I love it, I still think it's an excellent MMO and if I were to still be playing one, it would be Rift. However, the content that we have gotten since release is lackluster at best. What is coming in the future is kinda irrelevant to the discussion because I have nothing to do in the game -right now-. For me personally, this has never been the case in Rift. I have always had something that was fun and rewarding to do. Currently, I do not. I probably will not for at least another month. This is a major problem for the game and has several people upset and leaving. Overall, it may be a wise business move though as it allows more players(casuals) to have a chance to get through the content. In the long term, this could mean more players sticking around for longer, but it leaves those of us that have been dedicated and supportive throughout our time playing kinda high and dry. It's just disappointing really, it's not bashing the game, it's not saying the game sucks, it's just expressing disappointment. However, you say anything bad about the game and the white knights show up, argue points you are not arguing, start using straw men arguments and personal attacks to defend their own personal choices and feelings about the game, which in reality are very close to ours.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically this is coming from the view of someone who doesn't play the game, but may have an idea what is going on here:

The Vets they care about Rift (Wocky, Lathais, Kitty & Others) Don't like the pace Trion is going with & they feel abandoned, that this isn't the Trion they know & have supported the last 2 years, but they do still consider Rift there favourite MMO, yet Trion has done very minimal for the new patch, its not even close to PTS yet, its already been weeks since 2.2 came out, from what Wocky said it was a glorified Hotfix & to them that isn't right and they know something is up an they are worried that Trion is abandoning Rift in a sense and focusing to much on Defiance more.

Nothing wrong with that, they care about something they love and you got 2 Boneheads saying there bashing the game, yet there aren't they are spreading there concern for a game & company they still support.

Trion promised all these things to be at "LAUNCH" and not through out the expansion, its been so spread out & lackluster (from what Lathais has said) that this isn't like Trion, when it came to Orginal Rift (I hate the phrase Chocolate as much as i hate the phrase Vanilla). They weren't like this, they brought that content and got you excited for the content & you knew that there will be content.

So my basic understanding here is people who care for the game they love, are worried about its future and some people are actually taking breaks & you got 2 Boneheads, 1 is suppose to be a Community Ambassador (Doesn't sound like it to me) saying they are bashing the game, yet the Vets are actually pressing there concerns for the game they love.

Geeze & people cause us WoW players "Sheep" oh please, Wocky said it the best back a couple post (he prbly remembers). Just because you press concern about a game doesn't consider it bashing. I may not like Rift or have interest in it, but when you know a company who is known for getting out content fast. Something is up for sure & obviously people are gunna be concerned on why this is happening in the first place, because from recent history its shouldn't be happening. People are leaving & dropping like flies (Someone said in here), F2P may be on the horizon who knows no one will know until it is announced.

But the main thing here is, There are people here who really care about Rift & worried about what is going on in Trion, Why content has slowed down so much, why is their hardly word on upcoming content, why isn't it already on the PTS. What is the plan for the Future of Rift.

There is nothing wrong with spreading your concern for a game that you care about and you don't wanna be that guy or (s) that tries to defend against that, when you even know yourself, there is something wrong & if you don't see that than your just blind behind your own Fanboyism. (Ya, I said it, Don't infract me Edge plz).

Wocky & Lathais are prbly 2 of biggest supporters of Rift here in the Rift sub thread & have been for awhile now, when they sense something is wrong. You damn well know something is bloody wrong. I havn't seen Tarien around here for along time either and even he was a big supporter of Rift / Trion & he wasn't impressed and thats surprising anough. Once again they are far from bashing, it shouldn't even be mentioned they are pressing there concern for a game they care about & a company they support.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-05-09 at 08:24 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Wocky & Lathais are prbly 2 of biggest supporters of Rift here in the Rift sub forum & have been for awhile now, when they sense something is wrong. You damn well know something is bloody wrong. I havn't seen Tarien around here for along time either and even he was not impressed and thats surprising anough. Once again they are far from bashing, it shouldn't even be mentioned they are pressing there concern for a game they care about.
    Thank you for saying that about me. Just to put it further into perspective though, I don't just feel something is wrong, something is wrong enough that I have no desire to log in and play and have therefore cancelled my sub. Have not logged in in 2 months. That's pretty bad, especially when you consider the amount of free time I have.

Also, aside from Tarien, Aquesence of Telara I have not seen around in a while and Azuri has not had much to say, though I am sure he still mods a bit, not sure on that either. More veteran players that are not even posting, and when I was still playing, had not seen them log on in a few weeks.

I also cannot stress enough, though you said it, Wocky said it, most people seem to get it and I've said it already multiple times, I am not bashing the game, I am just bored with it, something that has happened at all in my time playing Rift. They have always managed to keep coming out with content that kept me entertained and gave me rewarding activities to participate in. Since hitting 60 the only things I have seen are endless grinds and raiding. Raiding alone would be enough to keep me playing, but the endless grinds just sicken me to a point I can't even bring myself to do them so that I can raid. It's sad. It's disappointing. Then you see people quitting, their other games floundering and you can't help but wonder, wtf is going on at Trion and worry about the future of the company as a whole and therefore the game that you love. If we did not love the game, we would not have these strong emotions of disappointment and curiosity about what is going to happen, we would just move on, as it appears others that no longer post/log-in have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Thank you for saying that about me. Just to put it further into perspective though, I don't just feel something is wrong, something is wrong enough that I have no desire to log in and play and have therefore cancelled my sub. Have not logged in in 2 months. That's pretty bad, especially when you consider the amount of free time I have.

Also, aside from Tarien, Aquesence of Telara I have not seen around in a while and Azuri has not had much to say, though I am sure he still mods a bit, not sure on that either. More veteran players that are not even posting, and when I was still playing, had not seen them log on in a few weeks.

I also cannot stress enough, though you said it, Wocky said it, most people seem to get it and I've said it already multiple times, I am not bashing the game, I am just bored with it, something that has happened at all in my time playing Rift. They have always managed to keep coming out with content that kept me entertained and gave me rewarding activities to participate in. Since hitting 60 the only things I have seen are endless grinds and raiding. Raiding alone would be enough to keep me playing, but the endless grinds just sicken me to a point I can't even bring myself to do them so that I can raid. It's sad. It's disappointing. Then you see people quitting, their other games floundering and you can't help but wonder, wtf is going on at Trion and worry about the future of the company as a whole and therefore the game that you love. If we did not love the game, we would not have these strong emotions of disappointment and curiosity about what is going to happen, we would just move on, as it appears others that no longer post/log-in have.
    Your very welcome sir, I didn't know all the other points you put out, only the things I have read or have noticed.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is coming from the view of someone who doesn't play the game, but may have an idea what is going on here
    Totally negates any War and Peace sized post you made, sorry not interested. That's like me posting on the GW 2 or SW: ToR forums "debating" issues when i don't play those games anymore.

Still waiting for someone to post links or videos of Devs saying the Dendrome was in the release notes touted for Storm Legion, Synovia listed everything that was promised and lo and behold, it was in the game at launch, only missing item was the Chronicle which appeared 4 weeks later.

It's like they said "Storm Legion will have you, the Ascended' travel through the Infinity Gate to bring the battle to the Planes themselves" and then whine it wasn't there at launch.

Also i seem to recall the blurb was two Tier 1 raids to be released on launch, lo and behold there was, Triumph of the Dragon Queen and Frozen Tempest, please feel free to correct me again with links or videos stating that it was to be three Tier 1 raids and Endless Eclipse was to also be in at launch.

I've supplied my facts and my video "proof", i don't see any of the "vets" posting any links to back up their "concerns" and "fears" for Trion's future, you suggesting the live stream showing the Dendrome was an elaborate hoax and there is no 2.3? seriously...

I think Rift is awesome, I've played since Hammerknell and I payed for the 1 year sub at SL launch thinking that it was money well spent. I, too, haven't logged in in a couple of months because there just isn't anything left to do (besides raiding, but you won't see me prioritizing that again any time soon.) I'm really looking forward to the Dendrome, particularly the new open world dungeon they announced and the potential open world raid bosses (provided they are designed like volan where I can actually participate without having to join a raid guild). Currently I am disappointed in the lack of communication coming from Trion, and considering the relative lack of new content added in the last patch, I feel that it has been too long since there's been new stuff to check out. I hope 2.3 is soon, but I don't expect it will be less than a month away because it isn't on the PTR yet.

Wildstar is advertising challenging content for solo/small groupers like me. WoW introduced LFR, skirmishes, challenge modes, and open world raid bosses - all of which I strongly feel are taking that game in the right direction. Currently I'm playing Neverwinter and having a blast, though the cash shop is problematic and only having 6 skills is boring. I miss Rift and I want to go back to it, but short of farming volan, the boringly easy chronicle, or the same small pool of experts I already outgear, I'm not sure what I'd do.

This is still going on?

Everyone has their own opinion, so can we please just stop arguing about this?

Edit: I just don't like seeing the community divided like this, its no good for anyone.
    Last edited by Padwarle; 2013-05-09 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Totally negates any War and Peace sized post you made, sorry not interested. That's like me posting on the GW 2 or SW: ToR forums "debating" issues when i don't play those games anymore.

Still waiting for someone to post links or videos of Devs saying the Dendrome was in the release notes touted for Storm Legion, Synovia listed everything that was promised and lo and behold, it was in the game at launch, only missing item was the Chronicle which appeared 4 weeks later.

It's like they said "Storm Legion will have you, the Ascended' travel through the Infinity Gate to bring the battle to the Planes themselves" and then whine it wasn't there at launch.

Also i seem to recall the blurb was two Tier 1 raids to be released on launch, lo and behold there was, Triumph of the Dragon Queen and Frozen Tempest, please feel free to correct me again with links or videos stating that it was to be three Tier 1 raids and Endless Eclipse was to also be in at launch.

I've supplied my facts and my video "proof", i don't see any of the "vets" posting any links to back up their "concerns" and "fears" for Trion's future, you suggesting the live stream showing the Dendrome was an elaborate hoax and there is no 2.3? seriously...

Whether or not we were promised things or whether or not we got content, the simple fact remains that I have nothing fun to do when I log in. I have not for the past 2 months and I will not for at least another month. This is the first time in the time that I have been playing that I can say I was bored with the game and had nothing fun to do for 3 months.

I posed a quiestion to you specifically way back near the start of this conversation which you either did not see or blatantly ignored. I will ask it again, for the third time and see if I get an answer, but I doubt it.

How often do you play and if every day what is it that you currently can do that remains fun, exciting and rewarding in the game currently every day?

My answer to that was, yes I play every day, but just to grind out dailies, GHunts, IA or CQ. That's it, and that was already boring in Feb, it's May now and that's still all there is to do. This is not what I expect out of Trion. I expect something new and exciting every 6-8 weeks. That's what I got in the past. I am not anymore.

Again I say, does this mean I hate the game? If I did, I wouldn't even be talking about it anymore, I'd have moved on.

Played since day 1, bought the one year with the Storm Legion exp. and now I haven't played since Janurary-Feburary cause theres nothing to do but grind boring CQ or dailys. I feel the problem is that the patches haven't kept people busy until the next patch release. Hopefully 2.3 brings enough content for people to play until 2.4 and so on. That's what I feel like Trion needs to do to keep its playerbase. Hope 2.3 comes soon cause I still consider Rift my fav MMO/game

Bucknaste Time!

suggesting the live stream showing the Dendrome was an elaborate hoax and there is no 2.3? seriously...
    Really? First, you are the only one saying that last bit. And, I am sure I could possibly get an infraction for this, but holy hell you are as bad as those WoW fanboys. How dare anyone criticize your beloved. Reading your comments is like reading the comments in the threads about WoW's sub loss amount. "8.3 million is still more than all the 'wow-killers' combined lolol /trollface".

10+ Year Old Account
    the simple fact remains that I have nothing fun to do when I log in
    That's your issue, has absolutely nothing to do with me, couldn't care less, if you feel so "jaded" just stop playing, don't keep hanging around bleating and whining please. Like i already said you don't see me posting on other game's threads whining that the game has "let me down" and i have nothing to do, i just stop playing them, is that so hard to do?

That's your issue, has absolutely nothing to do with me, couldn't care less, if you feel so "jaded" just stop playing, don't keep hanging around bleating and whining please. Like i already said you don't see me posting on other game's threads whining that the game has "let me down" and i have nothing to do, i just stop playing them, is that so hard to do?
    This isn't with my mod hat on, so don't feel like I'm warning/threatening with infractions or anything.

But this is the kind of behavior that really turns off outsiders or non-super-hardcore fans. I've barely logged in the the past 3-4 months and am disappointed with Trion as of late. I haven't felt that they released any meaningful content for me in the same way that they did so frequently during classic. I'm clearly not the only one feeling this way.

That does not mean I dislike Trion or Rift, because I like both. Despite my gripes with both, I still think Rift is one of the best MMO's on the market, and I still think Trion is the best MMO dev (and one of the better devs overall) around as of late. That doesn't mean that I can't criticize them or be disappointed in them, or their game(s).

People like Lathais, Kitty and myself hang around and "bleat" because we love Rift and Trion. Because we want to see the games succeed and thrive. It's the same reason I've poked around the SWTOR boards for so long. I want to see the game thrive and succeed. I levy my criticisms in area's I feel they need to improve on, and have praised them (and I've praised Trion/Rift a lot) in area's I feel they've done well over the years.

I'm not going to stop posting because I'm unhappy with the current state of the game. I'm going to let them know (assuming Elrar still has time to poke around the forums, which I hope he does) about it and add my voice to whatever group shares similar feelings.

I continue "bleating" because I want to get back into the game in a serious way. I want to be as blown away by Trion and Rift as I was throughout my time in classic and for the most part during early SL. I want to sit at work thinking about how much I'd rather be home playing Rift. That's not the case for me right now, as it has been in the past.

This dismissive, "Well you're doing it wrong if you're unhappy." or "Well, if you don't like it then just stop bitching about it." attitude is beyond toxic to a community. It's something that plagued the official SWTOR boards (and still does) and was terrible to deal with. Posts like this are trying to de-value the opinions of others simply because you don't share them, and that's not the kind of thing that is part of a healthy community.

You're happy with the game, and that's spectacular. I mean that. There's nothing more that I like to see than people who are happy with the games they play. That doesn't mean everyone else is. That's fine too. If you don't want to read the complaints of others, you are free to stay out of threads like this. Nobody is forcing you into them. You can stay to the more positive threads if you want. And if you want to counter arguments in a thread like this as you've done before when you cited the time between patches, or what was added since SL, then go for it. What I despise seeing though, is posts like this that try to dismiss the concerns and and gripes of others, no matter what the game is.

And that was a much larger wall of text than I had hoped for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly you're doing something wrong, there is no way you can run out of quests by level 58. I ran my second alt through SL just 2 weeks ago, didn't do the "run around tagging GHR's" didn't do many Dungeons, no Warfronts, just did the quests and Carnages, dinged 60 on that alt just as i was starting the Tower of Dawn chain in Kingsward.

That still left the rest of Kingsward, Ashora and Steppes of Infinity to do at level 60. Now i'm running my third alt through SL content and am currently halfway through Seratos at level 55.

You did jump back and forth between Continents, right? best leveling path is Pelladane/Cape Jule--City Core--Eastern Holdings--Seratos--Ardent Domain--Morban--Kingsward--Ashora/Steppes

Again, that's without doing any GHR's, Dungeons or Warfronts, plenty of content to reach level 60 and not 58.
    Oh, hee...I just saw this.

I don't like Carnages. That's just grinding. You're just grinding "kill 25 of this mob" over and over again. Just not worth it to me.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Oh, hee...I just saw this.

I don't like Carnages. That's just grinding. You're just grinding "kill 25 of this mob" over and over again. Just not worth it to me.
    You'd normally be getting those quests from a quest hub anyways, they just bypass the need for you to pick it up and then go back to the hub to turn it in. It's supposed to be a more organic form of quest delivery (just like you stumble across many of the non-story quests, compared to picking them up in hubs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    If you don't want to read the complaints of others, you are free to stay out of threads like this. Nobody is forcing you into them.

I appreciate the reply Edge and you will notice that i do tend to ignore these types of Threads, mostly, but when people start posting exaggerated non issues with the game without links to back up their claims of course i will step in, present my counter viewpoint and provide links/Dev posts etc to back me up.

Also having random Joe Soap #1631 swooping with comments like:

you got 2 Boneheads saying there bashing the game
    which was obviously directed towards myself and Synovia so yeah, it tends to get me posting.

It's all gravy, i'm happy to leave them all bleat on and still moan that the game has "let them down", meanwhile i'll be the smug git exploring the Dendrome and fighting through the Infinity Gate quitely confident i'm playing what's still the best MMO on the market

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The only proof you have put out is content is coming AT SOME UNKNOWN DATE.

They are bored with what is IN THE GAME NOW.

Content coming at a later unknown date doesn't help keep people from being bored with current content.

I'm sorry, if you can't understand that take off your fanboy goggles for a minute.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2013-05-10 at 01:21 PM.

I love how you dodged my question for a third time. This time, you even responded to the post with it in it. I can only assume the reason you ignore it is because the answer would not support your argument. Actions speak louder than words. If you are not logging in and playing, or having nothing to do, when you log in, you are the one jusr bleating on the forums. If you do, just answer the question.

And also, fuck you. It's responses and fucking white knight fan boy responses like yours that make me start to dislike the game more. I come around and talk about it, as I have said multiple times in this thread, because I do still like the game. I do still want to play. I do want Trion to know about how myself and many others feel so that they can do something about it. However, if all I am going to come back to are a bunch of arrogant, whight knight fanboys dickheads, I'll stay away.

Please avoid insults on posters

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate the reply Edge and you will notice that i do tend to ignore these types of Threads, mostly, but when people start posting exaggerated non issues with the game without links to back up their claims of course i will step in, present my counter viewpoint and provide links/Dev posts etc to back me up
    Except that's not what you do at all. In fact, 'present my counter viewpoint' actually translates to do irate dismissal of everyone else's opinion because I think the game is a pool filled with gold.

Ex:
    Please show me where any of that is some sort of 'proof' against anything...especially when most people's claims boil down to something that can't be unproved. Your playbook consists of arguing semantics, raising straw men, and flat out whining that everyone doesn't love the game as much as you. And to be perfectly honest it's completely not respectable. Thank you for not stooping so low as to sling insults every other post like some people, but your harping and lamenting on why people can't see what you do is lost in the wind.

I'm not nice like Edge. I'm not going to sugar coat a statement, because I don't have his incredible patience. As mean as all of that sounded, you have one really great thing going for you: You seem to really love this game and you tend to be as positive as possible. That is amazing. Honestly amazing. The problem is that instead of using that to try and buffer the community in a time when they need it, you are widening the gap between them and this game by distancing two sets of ideas and not providing positive encouragement so much as aloof retorting.

You are too defensive about the game in general. Someone could post one simple thing they are unhappy with and you post a 5 paragraph essay on why they are wrong to feel that way with links to pictures from content, news about content, and assumptions about that content (when we have no information about it ) followed by the 'i'm cool smiley' like somehow that validates your argument.

Rift is a great game. I've never had more fun playing it than when I was on the SL roll. Every weekend morning I would wake up early so I could jump on and get rolling, hopefully knock Volan out before many people had woken up. Then I worked on achievements, did dailies, ran my chronicle, etc. The problem is that after a month I was decked out in gear, had tons of achievements, yet still had no rep and no other activities I could sink my teeth in.

It's like an amusement park where the first two rides are the best I've ever done, so I race to the rest of the park to find everything closed for renovations or repairs. I think about the money I paid and the fun I should be having and just scratch my head. I'm sorry if this makes you angry, but I don't like to trade honesty for manners. It just is what it is. You probably stopped reading 4 paragraphs ago because this turned into much too long of a rant.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still around but haven't logged into Rift since February. The carnival event really didn't excite me and the huge grind at SL launch (much of that has been addressed) just burnt me out and made me lose interest. With that being said RL has kept me incredibly busy including other good distractions. I'm looking forward to the next patch but my perception of Trion's support/focus of the game shifted and hopefully that changes soon. The new CM is much needed addition it seems like Elrar has dropped off the face of the earth due to being spread thinly with patch notes and other games to support.

Rift still has a special place in my gaming heart and my much needed break from the game has been great. I typically don't post on games I'm not playing so you won't hear much from me in WoW, GW2 either.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2013-05-10 at 03:31 PM.