Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    Just to chime in, i agree. MoP is the first expansion where i don't feel compelled to finish the questing experience. Was rather bland and omg if i have to do another fucking errand. Too lighhearted, too unfamiliar.

Another thing Blizzard need to accept though, which is a different topic, is that dailys are mandatory. In fact they did say this two patches after everyone else said it. They can never just state the obvious from the start. Too much gating etc.. also i feel LFR is the most boring, waste of time ever.
    Lighthearted and unfamiliar. Wonderful choice man. Two definitions that absolutely mark my description of mop. Kudos to you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Then Heroic Scenarios must be grand unified theory.
    Sorry I gave up before that. At the end I was just levelling alts. That was painful, you don't know how much.

10+ Year Old Account
    What they are is another way for Blizzard to produce content that isn't a dungeon so they can produce a massive raid tier, sate the desires of a tiny portion of the population (at the expense of filthy dungeon loving casuals) and then also to get as much bang for their buck as they can shove everybody into that lfr design as well. It's a shell game. They haven't produced more when you think about it. they've produced less that players were calling for and even GC now says well gee I wish I had a dungeon in 5.3.
    its actually rare for blizzard devs to opening admit there fuck ups, so GC saying it... well, there you are.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Sorry I gave up before that. At the end I was just levelling alts. That was painful, you don't know how much.
    They haven't released em yet. Apparently they think they can scratch the itch that dungeons did by ya know making scenarios. Again replicating the function but not the essence.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    They feel like a solution in search of a problem.
    The problem they're the solution for was the group quests while levelling. But instead of using them like that you get them all thrown at you at once at lvl when you can teleport to them with no context and no idea wtf is going on. Unless you've somehow managed to go back to some levelling area to stumble upon the quest givers that apparently exist for at least some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax75 View Post
    Oh if only the reqard for doing the challenge modes all in gold wasn't a fuck ugly set, but something that look simple but faboulous i would do them.
    On a sidenote why do all armor sets in mists look like something mage by some weirdo lady gaga wannabe designer. They are overstuffed with all kinds of crap, like candles and extremely oversized schoulders.
    I miss classic sets like paladin t2, rogue t2, mage t5, mage t1, warrior t3, priest t7 or perhaps even shaman t10. They where quite nice and simple, and your char didn't look like something who has just been to the carnivale in Rio...
    You can tell the quality design from miles away. Eary Vanilla sets fit every class, the holy warrior aka paladin, rogues look shadowy and sneaky, warlocks sinister, priests divine, and so on (except warrior t2, it looks really bad). Your gear progresses with you, from humble leather pieces to ragtag mail and finally mighty plate. Gear actually looks like something someone would wear, blades look mighty but still in the boundaries of good taste (IMO MC and BWL had one of the best weapon designs ever), sharp, simple. Classic medieval style and inspiration.

Unfortunately designers ran out of inspiration (also the original designers left after MC or BWL I think), almost everything is oversized, flashy and lacks a central theme of the class. At least that's my view of it.

First thing I did when transmog came out was to buy some low level green armor and weapons (like -of the boar swords) and transmogged my fugly Deathwing stuff into it.

Deleted
    They haven't released em yet. Apparently they think they can scratch the itch that dungeons did by ya know making scenarios. Again replicating the function but not the essence.
    Ill take anything that needs communication focus and cc to survive. It would make Lfd useless then.
    I somehow doubt they would do that by you never know.

WoW needs more than just LFR and PvP grind.

Your character gets to the point where reputations are exalted and they are just running LFR and week after week not winning any gear. It leads to burnout. There aren't any 5 mans. There's pet battles but seriously I don't think that keeps many people occupied.

On the PvP end it's just a battleground grind then once someone obtains all their gear it's game over.

The game desperately needs more sandbox elements if they want to get people interested again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Hahah I have to fully agree on that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koq36-hMOGc
    That was one of the worst things ever.
    I can't believe that Lor'Themar actually backs down with so many of his people locked up by Jaina.
    Yea when I saw that I stepped up and said who the fuck is this panda and why is he stopping this throw down from going on? what happened to he war? All i've seen are pacifists telling people not to fight.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 01:50 PM ----------

Ill take anything that needs communication focus and cc to survive. It would make Lfd useless then.
    I somehow doubt they would do that by you never know.
    Well no it's a scenario. The challenge associated with it will be time. You get a bonus if you take 3 dps and kill it faster. If you tajke a healer you don't get the bonus valor unless your dps is like exceptional I guess . It won't make lfd useless as it only has a rare rare rare chance for 516 gear (randomize shitty stat gear iirc) and it isn't appropriate for players who like to play roles.

I also don't agree making lfd useless is an obvious desideratum. It has it's function and it performs it.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-05-10 at 01:51 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Hahah I have to fully agree on that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koq36-hMOGc
    That was one of the worst things ever.
    I can't believe that Lor'Themar actually backs down with so many of his people locked up by Jaina.
    Argh.... So.... Much.... Patronising....
    My heart....

Sorry but I can't agree with that. Questing in tbc had some extremely deep moments. In mists there's too much silliness and immersion breaking shit. At least for me.

Oh and don't forget, it's HORRENDOUSLY linear
    Welcome to your opinion. But the presentation of the content (aka voice acting for quests and some of the in game cutscense like the serpents heart one) added to it.

TBC questing was shit collect boar brains go here go there. Same as it ever was in vanilla just with better XP gains. It had its moments granted but the presentation aka lack of voice acting didnt endear me to tbc questing. Blades edge mountains was possible the worst zone I have ever been too. It looked fairly cool but thats it.

As I said the issue with mop was the fact it was mop. If it was TBC with the quality of presentation (aka more voice acting and better cutscenes) TBC leveling would have been better. The content being it is up for opinion as its down to personal taste. People disliked the light hearted sillyness of mop, I kinda liked it. I do agree it should have been less linear, maybe one start zone opening to two other leveling zones to choose from rather than forced into one.

If they continue with building up characters like they did in mop (faction leaders horde side for example) the next xpac should be good. Like others have said we do need something new at end game to give us something to work towards. I hope it is NOT daily quests.

Deleted
    Yea when I saw that I stepped up and said who the fuck is this panda and why is he stopping this throw down from going on? what happened to he war? All i've seen are pacifists telling people not to fight.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 01:50 PM ----------

Well no it's a scenario. The challenge associated with it will be time. You get a bonus if you take 3 dps and kill it faster. If you tajke a healer you don't get the bonus valor unless your dps is like exceptional I guess . It won't make lfd useless as it only has a rare rare rare chance for 516 gear (randomize shitty stat gear iirc) and it isn't appropriate for players who like to play roles.

I also don't agree making lfd useless is an obvious desideratum. It has it's function and it performs it.
    Oh just what we need. More rush.

Lfd is the tool of satan. It provides a service but in changes takes the soul of the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    WoW needs more than just LFR and PvP grind.

Your character gets to the point where reputations are exalted and they are just running LFR and week after week not winning any gear. It leads to burnout. There aren't any 5 mans. There's pet battles but seriously I don't think that keeps many people occupied.

On the PvP end it's just a battleground grind then once someone obtains all their gear it's game over.

The game desperately needs more sandbox elements if they want to get people interested again.
    funny thing, the final tier 5man dungeons in both wrath and cata, did more good for the game then things like the vocal hardcore minority whined about. It gave players something to do and feel like there getting something out of, and even a little choice of it.
    Infact, well dragonsoul was just... bleh, the 5 man dungeons and the transmog in cata I think gave a boost to players more then anything else. They introduced lfr, but they also gave the 5man heroics to gear up, either your alts or as a casual player something to do, rather then the raid itself.

Now we're not going to even have this at the end of mists with siege of org. Oh yeah, its going to fu***ng bomb.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    TBC questing was shit collect boar brains go here go there. Same as it ever was in vanilla just with better XP gains. It had its moments granted but the presentation aka lack of voice acting didnt endear me to tbc questing. Blades edge mountains was possible the worst zone I have ever been too. It looked fairly cool but thats it.
    Mists questing is go colllect oog oog in my dook here and then go there. Really mists takes a step backwards for questoin from cataclysm. in cataclysm i did so much cool crap. I rescued bear cubs from a tree (one of my favs of all time), tamed a sea lion, was a fighter pilot, commanded a little rts army of lions, was an artillery gunner. Man say what you want about cata they did a shot ton different with questing.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    the funny thing about the pandaren message is... it did nothing. Before mists was released, metzen said war was the enemy in mists, and we would have to look at ourselves and our actions having consequences because of what war caused, and from the start, I believed it would show this, knowing how the sha worked and what conflict caused in the lands...

But it didn't have any impact. The horde and alliance still faught, there was no grand realization from factions, lore characters or players, they still fucked around on pandaria, caused the sha to manifest, beat it up, and then carried on fighting. It was like having a trainer in a fat fighters club telling people they need to loose weight, presents them with a table of cakes, where the fatties begin to eat, and the trainer just stand there saying 'no, thats wrong... urm... stop that... urm...', until the tables empty.

the message of mists has been completely lost, because we are still warring, infact patch 5.3 is said to show war raging across lands, so what did anything we 'learned' in pandaria honestly do for the story?
    I think that the ultimate message is not "war is bad", i mean, yes WAR is bad, but not all fighting are meant to be "war". War is a conflict in which, while two or more factions follow a precise and personal goal, they easily fall in the aggression/reprisal cycle, and a conflict that began even for a decent reason (like protect our people, families, loved ones and so on) end up to fuel only vengeance, hatred and satisfaction to strike hard and bad the enemy because that enemy did something very similar before, the enemy will do the same for that act of "aggression" and the cycle will never die. The message i think is not fight is bad, but that fight requires a reason to be, a reason so good that is necessary even spill blood, and doing so because is the best thing to do. The sha appears not because just people fights and kill each other, but because of all the negative emotions they carry while doing so; you have fear when there is no courage, and courage doesn't come with desire to destroy, but desire to protect, violence is the pleasure of killing and of do so in the most cruel and brutal way, hatred and rage are the ones that make you lose control of yourself, desperation and doubt when your goal is unclear.

Fighting and killing for dethrone Garrosh is necessary because you cannot reason with him, the orcs on Durotar after the Cataclysm are in an awful situation and will surely die in time if they remain there, but instead of admits that the orcs needs help, Garrosh fuelled of pride his people, he poisoned them and so the only way for survival remained is to destroy to death their enemy in a berseking desperation and take by force what they need to survive.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-05-11 at 01:11 AM.

Deleted
    Mists questing is go colllect oog oog in my dook here and then go there. Really mists takes a step backwards for questoin from cataclysm. in cataclysm i did so much cool crap. I rescued bear cubs from a tree (one of my favs of all time), tamed a sea lion, was a fighter pilot, commanded a little rts army of lions, was an artillery gunner. Man say what you want about cata they did a shot ton different with questing.
    In my opinion the better questing experience I have ever had was on wotlk. Very immersive, and lots of variety.
    I'm afraid cata was too lighthearted for me. And definitely too linear.

You obviously did different quests than I did!

I did alliance leveling from 85-90, and did that sniping quest which was different and enjoyable. The amber collecting one for the klaxxi was cool as you had the old warriors telling you their story. You did a rail shooter on a fighter jet for alliance too. There was some poo quests I think, but TBC had them... Cata questing was ok but I felt like I was playing portal hopping between them in stormwind. The expac I enjoyed most while leveling is probably still wrath but thats because im an arthas fanboy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    You obviously did different quests than I did!

I did alliance leveling from 85-90, and did that sniping quest which was different and enjoyable. The amber collecting one for the klaxxi was cool as you had the old warriors telling you their story. You did a rail shooter on a fighter jet for alliance too. There was some poo quests I think, but TBC had them... Cata questing was ok but I felt like I was playing portal hopping between them in stormwind. The expac I enjoyed most while leveling is probably still wrath but thats because im an arthas fanboy.
    That sniping quest is literally the only I can remember that was remotely interesting or unique. IT lacked diversity at all. Maybe I just didn't run into it I don't know. All they asked me to do was kill and collect. In cata even with the fast travel they asked me to do more neat and diverse crap like I listed before.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 02:03 PM ----------

Patch 5.5: Pandageddon or Apandalypse.
    It's where we kill all the Panda's for being annoying bitching hippies.
    Ooh, even worse! Hypocritical whiners; because they kill their own children for 'sport' and judge us for killing enemies.
    I'll be so god damned glad to get off this stupid island in the next patch. Back to the barrens and not fat panda farmlands. And then in 6.0 well it better be mars or cocytus or some place so god damn fantastic it will blow my mind and then rebuild only to blow it again.
    The hammer comes down:

Lfd is the tool of satan. It provides a service but in changes takes the soul of the community.
    Satan plays WOW? I bet his server is dead too. And thank you satan for LFD!!

I hate hate hate hate the majority of gear in this game now. The paladin belt and shoulders from this tier look OKAY. I like the paladin belt with the big glowing part in the middle. That's about it. The shoulders are okay to they kinda match the belt. EVERYTHING ELSE I"VE XMOGGED and xmogging old gear has become my new fav thing to do during off time.
    GL, sir, you and I have now found something we completely agree on.
    God/Goddess/inanimate object of your choice bless transmog.