Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Aethas may not be so innocent after all (SPOILER)

Okay, was creeping on the SoL twitter thread, when I saw this,

Quote:
    @Loreology Not sure if Blizz is still continuing the Dalaran plot so I'll ask anyways just in case.Was Aethas innocent of betraying Dalaran?
    Quote:
    @JoshHarman2 Not at liberty to say, but I do want to point out his emote when Lor'themar claims innocence: "Aethas shifts uncomfortably."

Nothing major, but the fact that he pointed this out, while at the same time saying he can't elaborate more, seems telling. Was Aethas in on it the whole time? Will he show up in SoO?
    Last edited by babo7000; 2013-05-11 at 02:10 PM.

Aethas will steal those Anima Golems and Garrosh will combine the Anima and the Sha.

After all, that Garrosh wants the power shape a race of warriors is mentioned in the Dagger in the dark scenario.

This could be a massive blow to the rebels. I mean, the blood elves are the strongest force in the rebellion atm. If Aethas was to steal info, weps, and forces than there will zero chance of the rebels taking Org without the Alliance.

Deleted
    Aethas is obviously Detheroc in disguise, working for the legion.

aethas not being innocent would reopen the possibility of blood elves becoming neutral.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Aethas Sunweaver= (K)ae(l)thas Sun(strider)weaver

Go figure..Dalaran mearly a setback!

10+ Year Old Account
    this isn't news, we've seen this already. It also doesn't highlight anymore more then open speculation towards what he's done or not.
    People will try to claim he's the devil incarnate and completely responsible for it all, others will say whatever he did was just for the sake of his people.

And i'm inclined to agree with the latter, whatever he did was for the sunreavers, his people, which I can name a dozen other leaders that did the same.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    this isn't news, we've seen this already. It also doesn't highlight anymore more then open speculation towards what he's done or not.
    People will try to claim he's the devil incarnate and completely responsible for it all, others will say whatever he did was just for the sake of his people.

And i'm inclined to agree with the latter, whatever he did was for the sunreavers, his people, which I can name a dozen other leaders that did the same.
    theres nothing garrosh could do to the blood elves. the only ones in the horde that could do anything to them is the forsaken, nobody else knows their secrets
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shifts uncomfortably

Well he was in a very uncomfortable situation
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Shifts uncomfortably

Well he was in a very uncomfortable situation
    being called innocent makes the average person uncomfortable?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Aethas will steal those Anima Golems and Garrosh will combine the Anima and the Sha.
    Isnt Anima the blood of Ra-den?

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    being called innocent makes the average person uncomfortable?
    if two people are fighting over you, with one calling for your head, then yeah
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 03:53 PM ----------

if two people are fighting over you, with one calling for your head, then yeah
    he doesnt do anything till lor'themar calls him innocent.

Yeah and the Mogu used it to create some Races to serve them, Saurok being the prime example.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    he doesnt do anything till lor'themar calls him innocent.
    Well then what can i say, can go either way

But he always has bragged about The Elves connection with Dalaran, something that really annoyed Rommath

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's not telling us much beyond what we allready knew. We knew the emote was in the game, this just tells us maybe Blizz put it in more to confirm his guilt then to keep it ambiguous. There will need to be further story to have Aethas be confirmed as a Garrosh supporter and a knowing accomplice to ruining Dalaran's neutrality then there is now. If we do get it he's VERY likely to be a boss in SoO. And guess who'll help us take him out then....

As an aside, maybe that's the route Blizz takes. Maybe they'll have the various NPC's that have a beef with Garrosh help us take out several of his underlings. Like Jaina with Aethas, Vol'jin with Malkorok (cause the bodyguards he leads stabbed him in the face) and so on. It would give all the people out for Garrosh some face time, while not actually creating a group of 20 people that need to be involved in the final fight with him for vengeance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    But....but....but.....but...

This really tells us one of two things:

Either, he was responsible.

Or,

He knows something about who is.

If they wanted to segue into the next expansion, they could make Aethas be manipulated or replaced by a Dreadlord. The idea would be that by inciting war between the factions, they will both be too weak to stand against the oncoming invasion.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we see some kind of Legion presence in the Siege of Ogrimmar or its aftermath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    This could be a massive blow to the rebels. I mean, the blood elves are the strongest force in the rebellion atm. If Aethas was to steal info, weps, and forces than there will zero chance of the rebels taking Org without the Alliance.
    That depends on how you look at things.
    The Darkspear raped the Kor'Kron in one day and took Razor Hill.
    Where as it took the Blood Elves 5-6 weeks to secure an island.

But yeah I can totally see Aethas, not as a boss but more as the betraying fellah pre/post SoO.

This is not new new, but still if he really is responsible, they made a mess with his characterization, since he was the most anti horde and more Alliance aligned type, having him turning out to be a traitor would be quite foolish, but we will see what blizzard does in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    That depends on how you look at things.
    The Darkspear raped the Kor'Kron in one day and took Razor Hill.
    Where as it took the Blood Elves 5-6 weeks to secure an island.

But yeah I can totally see Aethas, not as a boss but more as the betraying fellah pre/post SoO.
    i dont think you should compare the kor'kron to the thunder king infused soldiers of the zandalari O-O

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 12:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    This is not new new, but still if he really is responsible, they made a mess with his characterization, since he was the most anti horde and more Alliance aligned type, having him turning out to be a traitor would be quite foolish, but we will see what blizzard does in the end.
    maybe that was the twist O-O