Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why such little UH love?

So I'm running around on my DK, he's UH pve and pvp. and all I see its frost...frost...oh hey look another frost....whoa there's another one....oh a blood....frost frost frost lol. Does anyone besides me just find it more enjoyable to play UH were it's more than mashing 2 buttons? Is everything just about how easily it can be played now? Sorry i'm just saying, UH dk and feral are my 2 favorite things to play in the game, and you don't see much of either compared to the other offered specs. Just wondering if it's because people don't find them enjoyable? too hard to get good at? are the other specs just that much more superior?

Deleted
    From personal experience I would say that you can make a lot more mistakes as 2H Frost and maybe people like the big crits instead of a lot damage sources. I wouldn't say Unholy is hard to play (mastering it is a different story), but might be less rewarding for the average player than 2H Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Pragnoran View Post
    From personal experience I would say that you can make a lot more mistakes as 2H Frost and maybe people like the big crits instead of a lot damage sources. I wouldn't say Unholy is hard to play (mastering it is a different story), but might be less rewarding for the average player than 2H Frost.
    Agreed, I apologize by saying "hard to play" I meant hard to master and be very good at, not just casual la te da player.

been rockin unholy dps ever since blood dps was taken out of the game.

i dont care what any "leet" players tell me, as long as im doing good dps they can shut up and let me play what i like to play
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I've never tried unholy. Been frost since i stopped tanking in wotlk. Though i'm not playing my dk "seriously", so frost is just relaxing facerolling when i'm fed up on some other toon. I'm just too lazy to try different spec as frost is just "enough" for me. And it's one of the easiest spec (imo) to do decent damage without any real clue about finer points of rotation.

Maybe if DK was my main...

Not sure where you're looking at, most dks who play seriously are unholy now

Personally I haven't been Unholy since ICC, was never fond of pets and downright dislike them since the new AI in 4.0. If I stayed Frost for 4.3, I'm pretty sure I'll stay Frost for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSGT View Post
    Does anyone besides me just find it more enjoyable to play UH were it's more than mashing 2 buttons?
    You're not going to get very far with two buttons as Frost, or indeed any spec.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSGT View Post
    Does anyone besides me just find it more enjoyable to play UH were it's more than mashing 2 buttons? Is everything just about how easily it can be played now??
    there is this thing called fun you might have heard of it

also I hate pets, the pet completely destroys unholy for me, I rolled the class to be a melee front line knight not to deal with a pet

Since the pre-cata patch I've been unholy on my dk. Just re-rolled another one to the opposite faction. Blood boil op between 60-80...so op...

Regardless I love unholy. I feel like with frost I'm waiting alot for it. I'm curious to go try it now but I think I'll still love unholy more. Especially in tier 13 I had so much haste I had to start reforging some of it to mastery (or was crit better...I forget?) because I always had runes up and I was getting RP capped.

Love the spec though. I love dot classes and dk's are perfect for me. I love all monk specs because of the same reason of the fact that theres never a dull moment in the spec, but I prefer unholy more.

Unholy feels like a caster. All of its weapon strikes barely tickle the enemy. Relying on diseases and pets to deal damage just feels weak.

I'd been playing UH DK since I first made the toon. Never bothered with frost at all. I've never been outdpsed in any raids LFR or normal by any frost DKs on any fight. I love the spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    cba controling clunky pet, already got warlock and hunter for that playstyle.

Is unholy realy that much more? (This is the first tier I try DKs however, just to let you know)
    But all I feel like I'm doing is apply dots, wait for trinket procs to come up, pop CDs and apply dots while spamming Festering Strikes to make em last the whole match without reaplying them without any less procs up. Meanwhile I toss out Death Coils and let my dots and pet do all the work while I only maintain my dots on the target as long as possible.
    Thats easely summed up ofc, it is harder than Frost where I pretty much only watch out for my 100%critt proc(Forgot the name of it...) so I only use them on Frost Strikes (I enjoy DW frost much more than 2h frost), then fill in with Oblirates and Howling Blasts. So yeah, they are imo two easy specs. I do however play Blood MS, and DAMN thats a the most funny tank spec I ever have played! (Never tried Guardian Druid though)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    cba controling clunky pet, already got warlock and hunter for that playstyle.
    What's to control? Just let it terrorize. Or make a macro for the stun.

As far as Dk's go, UH is by far my favored spec. I can't really stand frost by any stretch currently.

15+ Year Old Account
    For PvE UH is pretty much if not just DK but the best melee spec.

It has usually been only myself as an UH DK when I enter raids. But lately I have been seeing a big increase in how many other UH DKs I see.
    Last edited by Xtacle; 2013-05-12 at 01:33 AM.

I play unholy because I find it more enjoyable. Frost to me seems rather boring and very easy to get used it. I enjoy the difficulty in mastering Unholy. Only bad part is the ridiculous pet. UGH! I hate the stupid ghoul....but I need him! Its almost like a trailer park relationship.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Is unholy realy that much more? (This is the first tier I try DKs however, just to let you know)
    But all I feel like I'm doing is apply dots, wait for trinket procs to come up, pop CDs and apply dots while spamming Festering Strikes to make em last the whole match without reaplying them without any less procs up. Meanwhile I toss out Death Coils and let my dots and pet do all the work while I only maintain my dots on the target as long as possible.
    Thats easely summed up ofc, it is harder than Frost where I pretty much only watch out for my 100%critt proc(Forgot the name of it...) so I only use them on Frost Strikes (I enjoy DW frost much more than 2h frost), then fill in with Oblirates and Howling Blasts. So yeah, they are imo two easy specs. I do however play Blood MS, and DAMN thats a the most funny tank spec I ever have played! (Never tried Guardian Druid though)
    You are playing it festerblight style, which is in turn "harder" then "normal" Unholy. It's damage is more from the dots then everything as to where playing the other way will result in a more spread out sense of damage. I actually prefer Fester though, it's cool having my blood plague on average tick 20k more then my SS does! Normal Unholy has it's ways as well and if you went more for that you would see it's really diff then how you are playing now.

Blood is def a funny tank spec, but I do love it as well ^^

imo uh is the only spec worth playing and when i heard how bad it was at the start of mop i was kind of hesitant to play, but i did anyways and now people are saying im fotm and etc, so it must be rising to the top of the herd these days.

I just love having a melee class with a perm pet, i know for some people its awful and they hate pets etc, i hate hunters and warlocks for the same reason. But when I am melee and I have a pet, I can make the sacrifice and say "I can put up with this, I enjoy my melee."

I would love to see one rogue spec get a pet, maybe even just a perm mirror image that did your dmg so that it was at least different, rogues are just all the same now.

I am glad unholy is different from frost in most aspects and in one major aspect, they have a pet. Everyone wins, people who hate pets can be frost, people who hate dual wield can be 2H and vice versas.

The DK is a product that is of great design.

Had UH as my off spec even when every one said I shouldn't. Just honestly haven't specced Frost for dps at all. Loved rocking Blood and Frost tank specs in Wrath, but when Frost got changed to another DPS spec, I ended up switching to UH and have used it as dps spec since. By now, I just like the way the playstyle feels. But then, I've not tried frost dps spec even once.