Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    I think that the next expansion will be great, however i thought cata would be great (and it wasnt for me) and that mists would be great (and so far it has been for me). We know that Blizz is capable of creating amazing content because we have seen it before and it is that hope that drives us to think that the next expansion will be great. However, people look for different things in an expac and what I think is great, others might think is crap. It is impossible for Blizz to please everyone.
    Blizzard is capable to make the best of the best.
    But Blizzard is also known of being lazy when things are running smoothly, instead of doing something to improve they 'slow down' as the pandarians would say
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

I really hope whatever it is shakes things up. Russels some jimmies, and really makes the game feel new again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

For WoW fans who still love and play it, it will be great. I'm one of them and I'm very excited.

But for those who left you won't bring them back with even less known or total new lore. For them the game peaked and ended with the death of the Lich King since that was the theme of Warcraft 3:The Frozen Throne. Even Cataclysm was just an useless afterthought for them and Pandas a joke. Those who left are very conservative ones, not open to new ideas. They have strong ideas what WoW is and has to be. Anything really new is not welcome. So no, the game will not get 11 million subs with a new expansion.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I can name five ex players off the top of my head who would be back in a heart beat if its a burning legion one,

I'd safely bet cash and say we'd we double digits in subs if we got a burning legion theme again,

the other, two, a few but not many,

A ocean based one is going to be very specific and a few people wont like it, leveling zones similar to vashj etc,

A completely new content, meh thats what mop is, so if it follows trend, pull in a bunch of people, then lose a bunch

I really think they're going to do an Emerald Dream expansion or an Old God expansion with an Emerald Dream raid. The rest of the possible expansion concepts are Old God, Titan, or Burning Legion related. Azshara, Emerald Dream, South Seas, even the Abyssal Maw will all be Old God content, specifically N'zoth.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Rift_of_Aln for Stormrage naysayers.

I imagine they'll throw in a Titan antagonist subplot in the Old God one, but I REALLY want just a Titan themed expansion. Remember, the Titans aren't our friends. Look how many times their minions have tried to destroy Azeroth.

I'm not sure what they can do after those inevitable two/three story lines, but the Mogu stuff is pretty good so I've still got faith that Blizzard can make convincing new lore. I hate how they handled Deathwing, but we'll see. They just need to go back to the dark/grim feel of the previous expansions. MOP is just a giant joke it feels like. Obese alcoholic pandas, great idea to base an entire race and culture off of. Alementals? Ook you in the dooker? Oh my god.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2013-05-11 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I still think the Theme is the reason why people are leaving.
    Tons of people dislike Mists of Pandaria on first sight.

Let's hope the subs will ever go up again. WoW doesn't deserve to 'die' this way.

This might explain SOME of the ones that unsub in the first Q. But after 5 months you realized you didnt liked the theme? I dont think so.

People are leaving because MoP is a bad expansion, thanks to Blizzard catering for the special snowflake elitist group.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2013-05-11 at 11:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I can name five ex players off the top of my head who would be back in a heart beat if its a burning legion one,

I'd safely bet cash and say we'd we double digits in subs if we got a burning legion theme again,

A ocean based one is going to be very specific and a few people wont like it, leveling zones similar to vashj etc,

A completely new content, meh thats what mop is, so if it follows trend, pull in a bunch of people, then lose a bunch
    ALOT of people disliked Vasj'ir zone, i fear subs would even drop lower if the expansion would be around that, naga are great but content full of nagas is just a lil to much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

I'll take that bet. It is likely that we have another year of MOP and it is going to end on less than 7 million players and it is not a stretch to think it might even be close to 6 million. Burning Legion or not no expansion from here on is going to attract 3 million or so extra players.

Doubt it, the reason WoW is losing subs isn't because the content sucks, it's because the playerbase that was part of the 12 million during Wotlk has outgrown the game and is beginning to leave. WoW will never return to it's former sub numbers simply because the "baby boomers" of Wow have moved on in life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Hey man, MoP was awesome. The endgame was a massive failure, though.

Which means if next expansion doesn't fix the gearing process, next expansion will also suck.
    to be fair all the content was awesome even the dailys, but the way you geared and being forced to do some of it made it look bad. IF they do it the same again, but go back to the cata gearing style instead all will be well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    i guess anything's possible, i heard one guy open the red sea 3 thousands years ago...

Haha I know right, wishful thinking is one thing but this guy......
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Disagree. I am sure I saw the same thread before Lich, Cata and MoP. For some it will be great, for most OK, and for some, terrible. Nothing will make millions happy for longer than a month.
    Absolutely this.

I've seen this for two expansions in a row, and quite frankly I don't know whether to expect and expansion from a Blizzard that has resigned to it's fate, or that will rise to the challenge.

So, only time will tell. Other than that, I can't agree it will be awesome, but I would really enjoy a surprise.

ok few thing the 1.3 million sub lost was in china and asia's mmo market is way different then US/EU market
    next xpac will be burning legion/SARGARAS XPAC then we find out he was corrupted by old gods then we get the final xpac OLD GODS
    BURNING LEGION xpac will mark the return of Illidan Stormrage he will be either Neutral Good or Chaotic Good. High General Turalyon and his wife Alleria Windrunner (can't wait till 3 sisters get together again that will be one event for the ages

I have read every response in this thread....I have not seen one (maybe I missed one?) about the (possible) "who cares about lore"....I have been playing this game since 08 and I am no way an expert on Wow but I have to be honest when you are playing your toon pvp or pve do you really care about the backstory? seems to many ppl care about their toon being fotm...gear...spells...glyphs...professions....need proof? there are more posts about these items than the lore forum section. Also, since 2008 that I have played I have met thousands of players, Hundreds I have spent on vent or skype with playing weeks or months with and only a handful honestly care about lore. They mostly want better looking gear, pets, pvp, or clearing a dungeon where some dragon or weird looking thing spews fire to not stand in...and there inlays the problem I believe. If they came up with a fictitious mob for us to destroy oput of nowhere that did exciting groundbreaking new things and got a stronghold on PvP better before they released it instead of the same old things would it matter? no bc the game is no longer the same ol...We now have 90 levels of the same ol leave those and try something new imo....I am not saying I am right or wrong just a third side of the arguement is all.

Deleted
    WoW will never get past 10 million subs again.

I could stand to fight some demons again. Though honestly I don't really mind which way they take it, since it seems to have been in a pretty positive direction most of the time (barring execution errors which are always gonna be problems with any company). Even Cataclysm, which largely I did not enjoy - I at least appreciated it for what it was, and found the story and non-dragon soul raids to be entertaining.

Man I loved that Firelands teaser trailer.

That's really not that impressive. The guy didn't part the red sea... It was the propulsion system from the space craft that parted the red sea. So just a typical day in the middle east. Oh and I don't think this game will reach 9 million again. I just read all the blue posts about the dead realms and it makes me sick to see the same old repeated garbage for the past 3 years. So due to this I have canceled my wow account last week and prolly for the last time.
    Last edited by soaked; 2013-05-12 at 06:09 AM. Reason: ranting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    For WoW fans who still love and play it, it will be great. I'm one of them and I'm very excited.

But for those who left you won't bring them back with even less known or total new lore. For them the game peaked and ended with the death of the Lich King since that was the theme of Warcraft 3:The Frozen Throne. Even Cataclysm was just an useless afterthought for them and Pandas a joke. Those who left are very conservative ones, not open to new ideas. They have strong ideas what WoW is and has to be. Anything really new is not welcome. So no, the game will not get 11 million subs with a new expansion.
    Um, I'm one of the people who quit. And for me, WarCraft 2 was the 'main game' of the franchise. So Deathwing was important to me, even though they implemented him really poorly to the game. Right now, I'm looking forward to the return of Turalyon and Alleria.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Um, I'm one of the people who quit. And for me, WarCraft 2 was the 'main game' of the franchise. So Deathwing was important to me, even though they implemented him really poorly to the game. Right now, I'm looking forward to the return of Turalyon and Alleria.
    Agreed Wc2 is the best of all the games, WC3 is like MoP for WC2, nobody knew about what was going on and it was all new, but surprisingly it became "The best story of all time" in wotlk.

Maybe if they make a WC4 and make it about MoP it will also be the greatest RTS they ever made. But in all seriousness the next expansion should be awesome, but most people are pretty much set on it being about the Burning Legion and Sargeras, but that cannot be, after Sargeras there is even less than Azeroth after MoP.

There needs to be the emerald dream, or else the continuation of the battle against the old gods or go to Argus or Xoroth, but I can't see them going straight to the "End boss" now.

I'd like to think Blizzard is going to pull out all the stops come next expansion, and if it really is the Burning Legion, that may garner some (or a lot) interest from older players again as well. They talked about wanting to get older players back, so maybe that is somewhat of a hint that they're going to look at older expansions, see what worked and throw it in. Who knows. Subs did increase when Mists of Pandaria was released, though not by much if I recall. I predict subs will increase again come next expansion. The big question is, how much? I think it's a given there will be even more subs lost as the current expansion winds down. We shall see though. As long as Blizzard continues to release content and expansions and puts effort into them like they did with Mists of Pandaria, it's all good. It's a combination of a lot of things as to why they've lost so many subs, but, you learn from it. IMO, as I said already, they really will have to pull out all the stops next expansion.