10+ Year Old Account

new to rogue - what addons ?

i recently started playing rogue class.
    what addons are a must for rogue ?

is there some addon that allows me to change position of me and my target portraits, that i can clickthrough, unlike the blizzard default.
    and some addon that shows the direction my target is facing ? with an arrow before him or something like that ?
    also addon making combo points more visible, on the target plate

what else do u think i should download ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing is required. Everything is optional. Get addons you like and create your own UI.. or get a package.

Either way, threads like theise are rather pointless.

Unlike holos statements I recommend the following,

Comergy
    Power auras or weak auras
    Rogue power bars if you want timers

Healers have to die for pvp markers on healers

I personally use elv ui with comergy

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf? Why do you need an arrow showing what direction he's facing? Are you playing on a calculator or are you blind? To play a rogue, you don't need a single addon. The only addons in this game you need is dbm. that's it.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Oh really? Pretty sure combo point addons are pretty solid than looking at the stupid small standard one, also timers for debuff is a must so you can monitor rupture envenom etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Oh really? Pretty sure combo point addons are pretty solid than looking at the stupid small standard one, also timers for debuff is a must so you can monitor rupture envenom etc.
    Nothing is "must".

The only point i can say about default ui is that all the needed info is displayed usually in the wrong place and/or in a wrong way.

You can definitely play with the default UI - it takes only the time to get used to it. Otherwise you can customize your UI with useful addons like a better cp bar and an aura tracker to keep an eye on important buffs/debuffs in an easier way. There are a lot of them around, just search for them.

The only thing needed to say is that you don't need anything huge.

P.S: you can even use my UI

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 06:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Nothing is "must".
    Agree. Addons are a way to enhance your gameplay, not to make the class playable.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    The only point i can say about default ui is that all the needed info is displayed usually in the wrong place and/or in a wrong way.

You can definitely play with the default UI - it takes only the time to get used to it. Otherwise you can customize your UI with useful addons like a better cp bar and an aura tracker to keep an eye on important buffs/debuffs in an easier way. There are a lot of them around, just search for them.

The only thing needed to say is that you don't need anything huge.

P.S: you can even use my UI

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 06:43 PM ----------

Agree. Addons are a way to enhance your gameplay, not to make the class playable.
    could you give a couple of screenshots of your UI ?

I'd recommend shadowed unit frames. Don't really need any separate combo point or energy addons, as the unit frames from SUF make the energy bar pretty big, and combo points (and anticipation charges) much more visible.
    Tishelle (Rogue) - Tisha (Mage) - Tishandra (DK) - Tisharia (Priest) - Tishanna (Warlock) - Tishie (Monk) - Tishette (Boosted Warrior )

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Nothing is "must".
    Your right if you want to be bad you don't use em...

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    could you give a couple of screenshots of your UI ?
    When i get home for sure

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 06:27 AM ----------

Your right if you want to be bad you don't use em...
    If people need addons to play a class, they're the bad ones in my humble opinion. DBM gives a great help for PvE encounters, but still any fight is doable without it.

You can PvP with gladius and everything else, but there are already visual indicators in game for everything you need. So you can definitely pley well without any addon.

The thing is that people is so used to some addon that taking them out means they are no more able to play. The addons are not a must at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    When i get home for sure

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 06:27 AM ----------

If people need addons to play a class, they're the bad ones in my humble opinion. DBM gives a great help for PvE encounters, but still any fight is doable without it.

You can PvP with gladius and everything else, but there are already visual indicators in game for everything you need. So you can definitely pley well without any addon.

The thing is that people is so used to some addon that taking them out means they are no more able to play. The addons are not a must at all.
    This is coming from someone with a custom ui you can do named after them....

This is coming from someone with a custom ui you can do named after them....
    Yes. I did my ui both for style/code exercise and because i didn't want to wait for addons to be updated :3

Never said you cannot play without it; i just like my ui to be tidy, pixelated and minimal - a thing the Blizzard UI doesn't do.

Was more getting at... " If people need addons to play a class, they're the bad ones in my humble opinion. DBM gives a great help for PvE encounters, but still any fight is doable without it. "

Other than the already recommended stuff, here's some timer add-ons that I've used that can be tweaked for all class/specs:
    Need To Know (if you want bar-type timers)
    Raven (if you want just the icon and timer)

Definitely grab a boss mod of some sort, if you intend to do LFR or anything like that:
    Big Wigs (smaller memory usage than DBM)
    Deadly Boss Mods (equally as good as Big Wigs, just more memory usage)

And maybe grab a combo point add-on, if you don't like having it attached to the enemy frame. I use Comergy, since it's the smallest (memory-wise) and most customizable that I've found. Other add-ons like Slice Admiral and Rogue Power Bars can be customized to be a combination of a class timer and combo point add-on, but those individually will take up more memory than (the least-intense combination) Comergy and NTK.

Hope that helps.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue