Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    That's a fake, just want to make that clear. The things in quotes are posts from the original thread.

1) If a Blizzard employee was to email another Blizzard employee, wouldn't they use their Blizzard email address and not a Gmail?

2) What are the chances your email is really that similar to a Blizzard employee's email address?

3) I only see maybe 4-5 icons I don't recognize right away. Majority of those are in-game already.
    EDIT:
    Also, OP... maybe you could post a screenie of the E-Mail, to improve credibility. I really want a necromancer spec. So badly. Like, to a point that you don't know. Ok, I took a screenshot, but I went in and blacked out personal information on the page:
    http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/5...uyaboutcla.png
    blizz always uses some battle.net or other blizzard related email, not gmail

Chris Mitten? seriously?
    that, for me, is the reason why i think it's fake.
    Well I did a search.

Essentially I just grabbed that last engineer looking icon on the Far right (by the monk icon)

I then cropped the image to show only that icon and stuck it into images.google.com

And come out with :

http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Ability_rewindtime.png

Which details where's its used in the Live game.

I wouldn't be surprised if I ran them all and found them all in game.

IMHO You've been trolled. I would check the full headers of the email you were sent to track down it's true origin. I would be surprised if it did come out of Blizzard.
    The icons are already in game and would be able to be easily made by anyone.

Look at how the last line of spec symbols isn't done the same way as the others.
    Yeah some guy accidentally emailed you information regarding things coming in an upcoming expansion. Totally believable. lol

So gullible.
    OP's post:
    Some guy must of accidentally emailed me this (put in wrong email address or something), and had an image in it. The email said that '"These are a compilation of ideas the team's been working on that I've been telling you about. Tell me what you think, and I'll send you a followup in a few minutes." The guy never responded, and I'm guessing realized he had the wrong email. I'm guessing he didn't care?

I checked out the image, and I instantly recognized that it was WoW, but there were some things I didn't recognize.

Anyhow, the email did have this 'chart' that looks like a new class and I'm guessing a 4th spec? (judging by the file name) I honestly have no idea what this is, and it more than likely be completely fake seeing that it uses already existing icons (but these could just be placeholders)... I decided to see what you guys thought about this. Here's the image (had to upload it to imageshack):
    http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6...esandspecs.png

EDIT:
    Also, OP... maybe you could post a screenie of the E-Mail, to improve credibility. I really want a necromancer spec. So badly. Like, to a point that you don't know. Ok, I took a screenshot, but I went in and blacked out personal information on the page:
    http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/5...uyaboutcla.png
    No one would just randomly send info regarding the next expac to him, doubtful he has any email related to blizz people as well.

TLDR: This is a fake. Just wanted to make that perfectly clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    bullshit! those are ninja stars... uh.... gears... we are getting an engineering ninja class!

engininjeering? or somethng.
    dragonmaw - EU

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    that looks like a neutral hero unit from wc3

10+ Year Old Account
    A new class AND 4th spec for all the classes? Fake as hell. No way Blizzard would be able to pull that off.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixxy View Post
    Waterform.

Edit: Independent of this image, I doubt Blizzard would add a fourth spec to every class and a new class in the same expansion.
    Yeah, not in the same expansion. But it would probably actually be easier to do 4th specs than ad a new class. New classes require new, unique kits. New specs require a new couple of passives, maybe a unique mechanic (unique inside of the class, like Elemental's Knockback) and ability to function as that role.

Like literally, creating a ranged caster spec for Paladin or Monk would just require giving them spells for dps and allow them to use the class-wide utility of the class. Obviously you would have to give the melee specs incentive to want to be Ret over Shockadin or Windwalker over X, as ranged is usually stronger, but yeah. Don't think it would be too bad.

But yes, agreed. 4th specs + new class = not possible, unless they've been working on this upcoming xpac for YEARS behind the scenes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to have 4 specs for every class. Then, I would have a 100% legit reason to roll 2 characters of the same class.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

"They" simply would not e-mail this kind of information.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    From my point of view it would be
    Warrior: Dragon something (Tank/DPS?)
    Mage: Blood Mage obviously (Healer?)
    Rogue: EIther its some type of spiderweb or supposed to symbolize lightning fist (DPS/Healer?)
    Druid: Guardian which we already know (Tank!)
    Hunter: Either Warden or Shadow Hunter (DPS?) Going over the list twice makes this seem very lacking, it almost has to be some type of Tank/Heal spec
    Shaman: Something involving Earth (Tank?)
    Priest: Seems to refer to arcane/moon stuff (DPS?)
    Warlock: Seems demonic to me (Tank?)
    Paladin: Seems like some holy warrior (DPS?)
    Death Knight: Necromany? (DPS?)
    Monk: Whirlwind something (DPS?)
    Tinker?: DPS/DPS/Healer/DPS?????

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Some guy on the US forums (Not me) apparently got emailed by "accident" a leaked image referring to class set up for next expansion. Pretty sure its BS but even if totally fake it still is interesting and if were true it would be awesome IMO.

This is the thread that I saw it on, on US forums http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...intinker.shtml

Anyway I thought I'd bring this to mmo champion even if it is fake pretty cool ideas for 4th specs.
    I think its fake... and its a bad photoshop job besides.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Blizz would not accidentally send it to some random player, or use gmail.

People have been throwing out ideas such as 4th spec for all classes, tinker class etc, a lot lately, in discussion over what will happen next expansion. Whoever made this just combined everything people have been talking about into this image. Too much time on their hands me thinks. lol

Deleted
    In fairness there are better icons to represent fictional class spec than the ones used

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is Chris Mitten? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    A tinker class?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Tinker(?): Not a clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Tinker?: DPS/DPS/Healer/DPS?????
    Wouldn't the class be called a tinkerer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    Who is Chris Mitten? :P
    Project Director for Blizzard (Mitten is probably a play on for "Metzen") since he's such a key figure I doubt he'd slip up something as major as this, which is what makes me think it's fake.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-05-12 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I think its fake... and its a bad photoshop job besides.
    no photoshop. all icons there are already in-game, for other things.

it still seems to be fake though.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    How so? There's monk images and other images, plus it obviously looks like WoW specs. It's probably fake, but its not a leak for TFT.
    Nvm I thought the link was the leak

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    Wouldn't the class be called a tinkerer?
    Tinker seems right: http://www.wowwiki.com/Tinker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    no photoshop. all icons there are already in-game, for other things.

it still seems to be fake though.
    yes... all the icons are in the game... I say bad photoshop is how it was arranged and presented... even a PS hack like myself could make it look more convincing than that.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Even though it's fake it would make perfect sense.

People have been screaming for a shadow hunter class (think Vol'jin) ever since DK's were introduced. Why create a whole new class for that purpose when they have a perfect class recipient for a shadow hunter spec. Shaman were given threat increasing abilities (Earthbiter and I think earth shock) and the enhancement spec had a few avoidance + armor increasing talents in vanilla so a shaman based tank makes perfect sense.

Shockadins had a brief stint of popularity as did panzerkins during Kara (although the fake image shows a feral tanking spec as the 4th).

It'll give every class a breath of fresh air, give some players what they've been craving for some time (shadow hunters and additional niche rolls for their class), and is so much easier to pull off in comparison to designing a new class from the ground up. Perhaps not though due to the amount of balancing would be required for 11 new specs.

Adding tanking and healing specs to DPS classes would, despite blizzards constant fear of homogenizing everything too much, give them another roll to fill rather than having to level an alt. People already cry about not having enough time for the dailies so surely this will dry their eyes (if they're a DPS class) by saving more of their precious time if they get bored of simply DPSing.