Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    In addition to the range despawn issue I've noticed that Alysrazor will always despawn if you get your 3rd feather before Molting ends.
    That's because you will be out of range when you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    So I combed through the Soloing Recap, and identified the significant (somewhat) bosses that remain unkilled:

- Flame Leviathan +4 Towers
    - Algalon 25
    - Gunship 25H
    - Halion 25H
    - Heroic Conclave of Wind
    - Heroic Hagara
    - Heroic Ultraxion
    - Heroic Spine of Deathwing

Which of these will be done in the near future, i.e. before Patch 5.4, aside from Ultraxion and Conclave? And I guess Mione isn't doing Spine.
    Heroic Concalve will probably never be doable due to the mechanics in the fight (Conclave bosses have a 1 minute respawn timer on heroic)

The rest are just obscene gear checks but I may be wrong about Halion as I barely touched that fight. That being said assuming we had the ilvl to beat any default enrage timer then Ultraxion and Spine will still probably never be soloed since Ultraxion's enrage while soloing is the first Hour of Twilight and Spine is just an exercise in futility for avoiding grips and not killing too many Amalgamations.

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 01:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    That's because you will be out of range when you do that.
    I'd guess because it tracks your distance from the ground and to Alysrazor instead of just the shortest line as I've picked up the 2nd to last dropped feather (e.g. was practically on top of her) and still had her despawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Concalve will probably never be doable due to the mechanics in the fight (Conclave bosses have a 1 minute respawn timer on heroic)

The rest are just obscene gear checks but I may be wrong about Halion as I barely touched that fight. That being said assuming we had the ilvl to beat any default enrage timer then Ultraxion and Spine will still probably never be soloed since Ultraxion's enrage while soloing is the first Hour of Twilight and Spine is just an exercise in futility for avoiding grips and not killing too many Amalgamations.[COLOR="red"]
    Heroic Conclave will be done using the same tactic, just needs more gear. Halion is a case of survivng the adds then realm-hopping with huge vengeance. Ultraxion heroic (according to wowhead) has 55M hp, so requires 615k dps to kill (90sec til you instantly die to the 2nd Hour). Not this expansion unless a gimmick can be used. Gunship has been done by hunter(s) so likely isn't too far away, and Algalon is probably possible using whatever tactic Fnx hasn't told us about yet (Warscout maybe?). Only remaining one besides spine (which is RNG), is hagara. that'll just be a case of having the gear to survive the lightning phase with the increased damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Heroic Conclave will be done using the same tactic, just needs more gear. Halion is a case of survivng the adds then realm-hopping with huge vengeance. Ultraxion heroic (according to wowhead) has 55M hp, so requires 615k dps to kill (90sec til you instantly die to the 2nd Hour). Not this expansion unless a gimmick can be used. Gunship has been done by hunter(s) so likely isn't too far away, and Algalon is probably possible using whatever tactic Fnx hasn't told us about yet (Warscout maybe?). Only remaining one besides spine (which is RNG), is hagara. that'll just be a case of having the gear to survive the lightning phase with the increased damage.
    Don't forget that Heroic Ultraxion will alse wipe you if you take the Hour of Twilight alone. You'll have to dps down the boss before the very first Hour of Twilight (having a 3-4 seconds window do finish him off before he kills the Aspects =]).
    Last edited by Chromell; 2013-05-12 at 04:26 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Personally I'm done with old content, might or might not do a few 25 bosses here and there, might do Halion 25H tonight if I'm not lazy, but overall I'm pretty much done
    Nooooo

You always have MoP bosses, like Feng the Accursed.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Nooooo

You always have MoP bosses, like Feng the Accursed.
    I think she meant Old Content as in pre-MoP.

Deleted
    Is anyone else having issues with lich king 25 heroic these days ?

I had my first attempts today and everything goes fine until phase 3, but seemingly out of nowhere the bugger starts doing a series of melee hits each doing ~200-300k always ending with me lying dead on the ground. This usually happens when he's at ~25-35% HP.

Am I missing a basic mechanic ?

This happens approx 8-9 minutes into the fight.
    Last edited by mmocb96e6c40dc; 2013-05-12 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankDK View Post

I had my first attempts today and everything goes fine until phase 3, but seemingly out of nowhere the bugger starts doing a series of melee hits each doing ~200-300k always ending with me lying dead on the ground. This usually happens when he's at ~25-35% HP.

Only thing I can think of is if somehow your back gets turned to him. I'll see how things go in the fight next reset.

Edit: Vile Spirits when they explode do a ton of damage. That coupled with Defile+Soul Reaper can kill you without a defensive cd active.

@Mionelo: Jealous of your weapon; would kill for just the LFR version though the normal is probably my favorite looking version of GoFH. Noticed though that you aren't using FFoJ-K but is that because you haven't gotten a heroic version of it yet?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Update here. I got madness tonight! 3 seconds after enrage. I'm so excited. All that's left is rag and warmaster blackhorn. I think I'm gonna be able to pull off rag, but blackhorn I'm still uneasy about. Do you "need" engineering to do him? Cause i can never get past phase 1. i know i can survive him. but getting to that point is what messed me up.

Deleted
    Only thing I can think of is if somehow your back gets turned to him. I'll see how things go in the fight next reset.

Edit: Vile Spirits when they explode do a ton of damage. That coupled with Defile+Soul Reaper can kill you without a defensive cd active.
    Thanks for your reply

Unfortunately this happens after the vile spirits etc. are dead, log says it's melee hits from the lich king. With dps item level 522 nothing really hurts up to this point.

Tried him this morning. This sounds like enrage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stuck on lk 25man hc vile souls, kills me so fast coupled with defile etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    Tried him this morning. This sounds like enrage.
    You're absolutely right, my apologies.

My DBM showed the enrage timer but for some reason it thinks the enrage is 20 minutes, I gather it's just 15 minutes.

I'll stop slacking on stair and see if that nails it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gersomence View Post
    Update here. I got madness tonight! 3 seconds after enrage. I'm so excited. All that's left is rag and warmaster blackhorn. I think I'm gonna be able to pull off rag, but blackhorn I'm still uneasy about. Do you "need" engineering to do him? Cause i can never get past phase 1. i know i can survive him. but getting to that point is what messed me up.

Congratulations!

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 01:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    I think she meant Old Content as in pre-MoP.
    Old content in this context generally refers to any raid that isn't the one that drops current gear. So the only "current" content is the Throne of Thunder, although I don't like this terminology.

Quote Originally Posted by Gersomence View Post
    You don't need Engineering to beat him, I solo'd him earlier this week although it took a ton of practice and a high item level.

For p1 make sure to Outbreak/dot up the drakes when they drop the first set of adds and Glyph into Death and Decay slow for the Sappers. If you get ahead on the drakes p1 becomes a lot easier, the times when I killed both of them made things so much easier.

Deleted

The only mechanic it could be (other than the 15minute enrage) is the frostmourne enrage; whereby if someone dies inside frostmourne he enrages for 15? seconds, maybe that was bugging due to ghoul dying or something, it should be a non-issue when soloing, only encountered this problem once when I used to 2-man him.

My DBM showed the enrage timer but for some reason it thinks the enrage is 20 minutes, I gather it's just 15 minutes.

Yeah, I've had some old content fights where the enrage timers were wrong since I was using a really out-of-date version of DBM. Even though the old content DBMs aren't updated as often as the core DBM do make sure you're running the most up-to-date version.

Deleted
    Yeah, I've had some old content fights where the enrage timers were wrong since I was using a really out-of-date version of DBM. Even though the old content DBMs aren't updated as often as the core DBM do make sure you're running the most up-to-date version.
    I update latest version often, just didn't think about updating the version supporting old raids, oh well, lesson learned.

Killed him in 2nd attempt (13% on 1st) when I didn't slack on stairs.

You might have confused people because 15 minutes is not "8-9 minutes in". Interesting thread.

Deleted
    I just did Hagara with a friend, and we beat the Enrage timer by 10 seconds. Granted he was in BDK in full tanking gear, it seems rather impossible to beat the enrage by myself.

The only way to get past the Lightning Phase is to just sit it out till her shield drops right, or am I missing something?