Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Some guy on the US forums (Not me) apparently got emailed by "accident" a leaked image referring to class set up for next expansion. Pretty sure its BS but even if totally fake it still is interesting and if were true it would be awesome IMO.

This is the thread that I saw it on, on US forums http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6660776?page=1

Anyway I thought I'd bring this to mmo champion even if it is fake pretty cool ideas for 4th specs.
    Most likely a fake image...

But lets look at the 2 classes i play...
    - Warrior, the new spec resembles a shout, i see a dragon shouting. Warrior's use shouts (commanding shout and battle shaout) for buffing, for cc (fear). Having a drongon resembles me fire wich might be able to indicate some kind of ranged intelect plate based spec.
    - For shaman's its even worst, earth shock?? If they used frost shock icon then it would be obvious, a new tanking spec... But earth shock, i see a spec based around the strenght of earth, wich leads me to tanking again.

lol if the "new" icons were all new i might believe it but most of those are just old icons already in game lol they might even all be old
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is a legit leak - which I don't think can be ruled out entirely - it could make for an exciting expansion after all.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    I think that all classes will eventually have another spec. But the key word is eventually. It is by far the least of Blizzards worries and certainly not a gamebreaker or subscriber killer. Or any other fancy adjectives I can make =P. I mean what would Blizz accomplish by adding 4th specs to all classes at the same time plus one more class. The new class I can see it happening to lure new players but adding 4th spec is the worst possible choice for blizz to take at this moment. It would bring no new players to game. It would take Blizz a full year non-stop to balance it all. plus I know a fan-made concept when I see one =P.

But back on topic. We agree then, that just because druids have 4 specs, don't make them OP gamewise? Plus I don't see people quitting over that so u see my point?
    I agree and see your point. None of the druid specs individually give them any sizeable gameplay advantage over any other specs. Its when they are combined as a class that the advantage becomes apparent. You have a class in the game currently that can fill all 4 roles that currently no other class can. Even if it wasn't 4 different roles the druid player still has the choice of 4 different playstyles. This is the the slightly unfair advantage.

Druids originally were balanced so that they could do all these roles and playstyles at the cost of not being not quite as effective in each role as the class they were trying to mimic. Over time Blizzard's policy on class balance has changed. Hybrids now keep their advantage of choice but at the same time are balanced fairly which I'm all for, I just think other classes should have equal or close to the same amount of choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    The use of older icons doesn't discount the image. In most expansions icons are among the last things added.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    - For shaman's its even worst, earth shock?? If they used frost shock icon then it would be obvious, a new tanking spec... But earth shock, i see a spec based around the strenght of earth, wich leads me to tanking again.
    earth shock is a "tanking" shock. frost shock is a PvP shock. so earth is better for tanking than frost.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    earth shock is a "tanking" shock. frost shock is a PvP shock. so earth is better for tanking than frost.
    It might be as it is today, but back in the days Shammy's used to tank all of them used frost shock because it increased their threat, matter of fact it was the only spell shaman's had that increased their threat. Also they had a talent wich allowed them to put a mob in a ice cage, similar to the DK one.

not to mention duids dont have a 5th spec. im sorry for people who think leaving an entire class out of a feature is "okay" but it absolutely is not it would be like saying hey everybody can do pet battles except gnomes because they are to small to tame pets.

you cant leave an entire class out of a major feature YOU CANT. not to mention druids always had 4 specs two of them were just mashed together.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 09:03 AM ----------

also since when do blizzard just send emails to eachother with nothing but a picture saying "this is what were thinkin bout for new ideas"

those arent new ideas... those are icons is the blizzard employee A wizard who can read minds? is he supposed to guess?
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

15+ Year Old Account
    They have a hard time balancing 3 specs and adjusting the game to a new class when they toss them out... a 4th spec and a new class in one expansion... I think the devs heads would explode!

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    not to mention duids dont have a 5th spec. im sorry for people who think leaving an entire class out of a feature is "okay" but it absolutely is not it would be like saying hey everybody can do pet battles except gnomes because they are to small to tame pets.

you cant leave an entire class out of a major feature YOU CANT. not to mention druids always had 4 specs two of them were just mashed together.
    than how come you can give a 4th spec to one class and leave the other 10 sucking their fingers?

druids got their 4th spec already. technically in MoP. actually in vanilla.

also: I'm sure blizz would do something for druids if they were to make forth specs, like a new form for ferals that plays differently but also does melee dps, so they can choose their feral playstyle, or an epic questline rewarding different forms, or something.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    They have a hard time balancing 3 specs and adjusting the game to a new class when they toss them out... a 4th spec and a new class in one expansion... I think the devs heads would explode!
    yeah 4th specs are already highly unlikely, 4th spec AND a new class. dont think so, props to the guy who started the bnet thread for trollin

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 09:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    than how come you can give a 4th spec to one class and leave the other 10 sucking their fingers?

druids got their 4th spec already. technically in MoP. actually in vanilla.

also: I'm sure blizz would do something for druids if they were to make forth specs, like a new form for ferals that plays differently but also does melee dps, so they can choose their feral playstyle, or an epic questline rewarding different forms, or something.
    because they cant remove cat form dps or bear form tank. a good portion of druid players would quit. unlike deathknights they couldnt just make it dps or tank without completely changing it so they seperated them for the sake of balance.

sure if druids got an entirely new spec in mists it would be warranted but they didnt they just split up one spec for balance. a feature like this would be huge you cant leave an entire class out and no vanity forms or anything like that wouldnt make up for everyone else getting an entirely new playstyle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    The Hunter 4th spec looks demonic, if this was real it would probably resemble something similar to a Demon Hunter. It's a good idea but this is 99% fake.
    IMO that look like a Dark Ranger spec

Deleted
    If he'd posted the email headers and they turned out to be legit I might have gotten excited.

However, the 'compilation of ideas' is merely a row of icons. Plus the text "Tell me what you think and I'll send you a followup in a few minutes" sounds like something someone pretending to sound official might write. And it doesn't even make sense. Did the sender expect to receive feedback so fast that he was confident he'd send a followup within just a few minutes? So fake. Although it's interesting no blue has responded yet.
    Last edited by mmoc877887c5bf; 2013-05-13 at 01:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    A tinker class?
    I still don't see how this could work with Engineering profession already in game. =/

Also @ 4 specs: Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanochan View Post
    I still don't see how this could work with Engineering profession already in game. =/

Also @ 4 specs: Lol.
    only two ways i see a tinker class working

an expansion where undermine is featured heavily

an expansion where we fight the titans

Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    If he'd posted the email headers and they turned out to be legit I might have gotten excited.

However, the 'compilation of ideas' is merely a row of icons. Plus the text "Tell me what you think and I'll send you a followup in a few minutes" sounds like something someone pretending to sound official might write. And it doesn't even make sense. Did the sender expect to receive feedback so fast that he was confident he'd send a followup within just a few minutes? So fake. Although it's interesting no blue has responded yet.
    Well, it was Sunday, and if blues have to reply on every rumor they'll never be done. That said, replying to rumors is the same as saying something will or will not happen, and players may see some kind of announcement in it. Wisest course of action is to just ignore stuff like that, I'd think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be sick if we finaly got Gnomeregan back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Would be sick if we finaly got Gnomeregan back.
    But doesn't that mean giving the Gnome lore?! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!

I would love to see Gnomeran under the Alliance banner already.... and a more heated fight between the Forsakens and Worgens

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Well, it was Sunday, and if blues have to reply on every rumor they'll never be done. That said, replying to rumors is the same as saying something will or will not happen, and players may see some kind of announcement in it. Wisest course of action is to just ignore stuff like that, I'd think.
    Perhaps if it gets people talking about the next expansion they'll just keep quiet whatever the truth of it. But the thread is already on page 2, it didn't seem to take off as the OP probably hoped it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    Perhaps if it gets people talking about the next expansion they'll just keep quiet whatever the truth of it. But the thread is already on page 2, it didn't seem to take off as the OP probably hoped it would.
    not to mention if they answer to it there will be tons of people going "THEN IT MUST BEH TRUEZ"