10+ Year Old Account
    needs more yamcha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    needs more yamcha
    Yamcha was defeated by Hero. (who actually is somebody else but I won't spoil)

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 10:33 PM ----------

Ranfan and Fanfan MUST be related, you can't have 2 women with purple hair with such similair names like that.

10+ Year Old Account

I had the luck of stumbling back into dragonball z on some channel on saturday morning, but some of the voices are different, what gives?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I had the luck of stumbling back into dragonball z on some channel on saturday morning, but some of the voices are different, what gives?
    Oceanic or Canadian version?

Or Kai.

Deleted
    Got my 11 year old sister into Dragonball btw.. She is at episode 40.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Got my 11 year old sister into Dragonball btw.. She is at episode 40.
    /high five

It's much harder to get a sister into DB/DBZ than a brother. I wasn't able to get mine to try a Kamehameha, but I did catch her trying to make a light between her hands after the Gohan teaching Videl episode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    /high five

It's much harder to get a sister into DB/DBZ than a brother. I wasn't able to get mine to try a Kamehameha, but I did catch her trying to make a light between her hands after the Gohan teaching Videl episode.
    Hahahaha, being little and full of fantasy.

Well it wasn't hard actually, she looks up to me a little. :P Besides, she is tomboyish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine was 14/15 at the time, a little tomboyish, but definitely does not look up to me. TV shows and anime are about the only things we ever agree on, and even those are just occasionally.

Deleted
    Mine was 14/15 at the time, a little tomboyish, but definitely does not look up to me. TV shows and anime are about the only things we ever agree on, and even those are just occasionally.
    Ah okay, well it's probably because our interests are the same then, my sisters and mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Oceanic or Canadian version?

Or Kai.
    oh right, it must've been "kai". I remember hearing something like "Dragon ball Z kai" and thinking, 'huh, never noticed it was called kai...

Deleted
    How come Gohan is the only half-saiyan born with a tail? Cant remember seeing Goten or Trunks with one as kids, guess they wanted to scrap the tail in DBZ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailstorm View Post
    How come Gohan is the only half-saiyan born with a tail? Cant remember seeing Goten or Trunks with one as kids, guess they wanted to scrap the tail in DBZ?
    I don't think any official reason was given, but speculation is that either a) Chi-Chi and Bulma decided they've had enough of monkeys and had it cut off at birth, b) the tail is a recessive gene, and half-saiyans only have a small chance at growing them, c) Akira Toriyama forgot about the tails or d) the doctor that delivered them thought it was an umbilical cord.

I don't think any official reason was given, but speculation is that either a) Chi-Chi and Bulma decided they've had enough of monkeys and had it cut off at birth, b) the tail is a recessive gene, and half-saiyans only have a small chance at growing them, c) Akira Toriyama forgot about the tails or d) the doctor that delivered them thought it was an umbilical cord.
    Well ..... if we assume genetics in DB universe work like real life ones, option B is impossible.

Wikipedia entry about recessive traits:
    "If a genetic trait is recessive, a person needs to inherit two copies of the gene for the trait to be expressed. Thus, both parents have to be carriers of a recessive trait in order for a child to express that trait."

When it comes to tails, Goku (father) had a tail, Gohan (firstborn son) had a tail, but Goten (second son) didn't have one. Chichi was a pure human. A and D are the most possible options.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw this:

Quote Originally Posted by DBZ Wiki
    In April 2013, Sean Schemmel and Kyle Hebert (the Funimation Dub voice actors for Goku and Gohan) confirmed they were recording their lines for the FUNimation Dub of the Buu Saga of DBZ Kai.

Squeeeeeeeeeee
    Last edited by Nadev; 2013-05-14 at 05:29 PM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Just saw this:

Squeeeeeeeeeee
    Am I missing something here? Are they talking about Kai?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Am I missing something here? Are they talking about Kai?
    Yes.

Edited to show.
    Men!

I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Just saw this:

Squeeeeeeeeeee
    Who cares about Kai? The Funimation Remastered Edition is superior is every way. Well, at least in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Who cares about Kai? The Funimation Remastered Edition is superior is every way. Well, at least in my opinion.
    <--------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHLoLW58MAQ

vs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUgcnmidBdc
    Men!

Deleted
    I prefer the voice acting and music in the first actually. And as for comparing visuals, no way is the remastered edition that bad. That is simply a bad quality youtube upload.