Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Highangel View Post
    I know many people like mists but i never really got the feeling when playing it...

if you look at some of the trailers from the previous xpacs, they where so much more epic.

Wotlk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCr7y4SLhck

TBC
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBHL_-biMrQ

the whole asian theme is boring imo, but of course that's just my opinion... i never really had any urge what so ever to play a panda either.
    Not only is the whole Asian theme boring.....it's insulting to most Asians. I should know, I am Chinese. Wanna know why subs in Asia are down? It's all a huge insult.

Pump out real content instead of daily quests

Who in the insane world would play a game for boring grind that feels like second job.

People always state Blizzard's massive number of players for WoW and assume that its raking in millions of dollars and everyone is wiping their asses with 100 dollar bills. A company that large has retarded amounts of bills to pay. I know nothing about running a game but Im sure lots of money is required for just stuff like keeping the hamster fed that runs the servers. Then you have to pay all of the Devs and Designers working on current and future additions. Then marketing. Then production costs/shipping. Customer support. I cant even begin to know how high the costs are to run a game like WoW. Then they have to pay for their other projects as well. I can guarantee you they arent swimming in the amount of money most people assume they are.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    All we know is that they came from China we have no idea why they left. Find evidence that was the reason a majority left first before commenting.
    Yeah, for sure. When I'll see _at least_ a hundred of people demanding more daily quest hubs, I'll share the opinion WoW needs more of them.
    Also, it is obvious to any person that 1.3 mil people declining subs can have no reason to quit beyond lacking of fun in playing. There is not one or two simple things Blizz can do to fix that, that is a result of years of changes made to wow (maybe the only thing like that is nerfing frost mages, who knows...)
    Should I sign this "In my opinion", or is it obvious enough to you as it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerguy3223 View Post
    Not only is the whole Asian theme boring.....it's insulting to most Asians. I should know, I am Chinese. Wanna know why subs in Asia are down? It's all a huge insult.
    Dearest sir, may I ask you a question why is it an insult? I'm just curious, don't want to insult you or troll or whatever.
    Last edited by l33t; 2013-05-13 at 09:31 PM.

I don't think it can to be honest. Yes it will gain subs at the start of a expansion, but in the end it is the same game different coat. Level up, do dungeons, get gear to do raids and kill raid bosses and rinse and repeat. Nothing too new for raiders to do. PVP is just pvp, just balance and add more maps and arenas. It is a old game. The subs IMO will level out eventually, but I doubt WoW can grow again. IMO for it to grow again, they pretty much have to put in a TON of stuff and in this case, they probably should just make a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Yeah, for sure. When I'll see _at least_ a hundred of people demanding more daily quest hubs, I'll share the opinion WoW needs more of them.
    Also, it is obvious to any person that 1.3 mil people declining subs can have no reason to quit beyond lacking of fun in playing. There is not one or two simple things Blizz can do to fix that, that is a result of years of changes made to wow (maybe the only thing like that is nerfing frost mages, who knows...)
    Should I sign this "In my opinion", or is it obvious enough to you as it is?

Dearest sir, may I ask you a question why is it an insult? I'm just curious, don't want to insult you or troll or whatever.
    No it's a fair question. It's a bit insulting for me. Mainly because it is a fantasy world. Blizz could have come up with a 101 million other expansion ideas. Yet they take the panda and my culture. Then mix them up into a expansion. At first it was like......well ok. Now it's like..........really. That's all you could think of? It's like Blizz wanted Asia to like their game so much, the modeled a expansion after it. They made it really obvious who they were trying to sell the game too this time around. That is why it's insulting.
    Last edited by Gamerguy3223; 2013-05-13 at 09:37 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow isn't dying yet, but I really don't understand the people that think wow losing 15% of it's player base in 3 months isn't relevant. They weren't all players from Asia.

The problem with the gaining subs is that Blizz pretty much took a one-way path that it's far too late to go back on now. In mid-wotlk they made the decision to appeal to casuals and that drove away the vast majority of the hardcore players. Most of those folks that left are long gone and will never come back no matter what is changed in wow now. The 2 big problems with casuals are that they are a lot more prone to leave wow for another shiny game, and it has really brought down the wow community. I hate to generalize because there are a lot of really good friendly people that play wow including casuals, but overall the wow community is really pretty awful now. It maybe isn't LoL or CoD bad, but it's not far behind. A person could blame forcing players to grind lfrs and playing with people you'll never see again, or appealing to casuals that have made for a less mature playerbase, or not having enough aspects of the game that promote cooperation rather than greed and getting there before the next person. If you think wow's community isn't bad now, I would say you need to try a few other mmos and then tell me that. Because it's night and day generally compared to most other games. And no matter how good the content in the game itself is, if my play experience is a frustrating headache of dealing with trolls, ninjas, name-callers, and immature jerks, then it's not going to be fun and I'm going to think twice before shelling out $15 a month and spending my time playing it. I would love to see what boxes the cancelling subs checked, because I'm sure a lot of them were due to the poor community. So I hope that is something Blizzard learns from and addresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    WOW is fine as is.

China inflated the sub numbers, now that is going away.

The real core of this game is in North America and Europe.

Those numbers are stable.
    stable? they said they lost subs in china AND in the west. That's not stable at all.

Next expac needs to be about the legion, drop the panda stuff and any other gimmicky crap they are thinking of and release quality content (NOT 1000's of repetitive dailies)

Bring back an epic story line not lets beat up on Garrosh or some dragon no one cares about.

I think the damage is done, they will gain some subs when the expac is released but honesty this boat has too many holes in it, its too old, and can't stay afloat. People are jumping ship at 14,000 a day the people remaining are staying optimistic and hoping for something amazing... Blizzard are too greedy now and will only release the bare minimum to keep the loyal players returning.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerguy3223 View Post
    No it's a fair question. It's a bit insulting for me. Mainly because it is a fantasy world. Blizz could have come up with a 101 million other expansion ideas. Yet the take the panda and my culture. Then mix them up into a expansion. At first it was like......well ok. Now it's like..........really. That's all you could think of? It's like Blizz wanted Asia to like their game so much, the modeled a expansion after it.
    So when blizzard had a sub increase and maintained the sub increase with slight drops it wasn't racism. but with this sudden drop it isn't something wrong with the game its racism. Every race is modelled on a race in real life blood elfs are white teenagers, trolls are Jamaican.etc None of these things bothered you before but now its a big deal.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-05-13 at 09:41 PM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Wow isn't dying yet, but I really don't understand the people that think wow losing 15% of it's player base in 3 months isn't relevant. They weren't all players from Asia.

The problem with the gaining subs is that Blizz pretty much took a one-way path that it's far too late to go back on now. In mid-wotlk they made the decision to appeal to casuals and that drove away the vast majority of the hardcore players. Most of those folks that left are long gone and will never come back no matter what is changed in wow now. The 2 big problems with casuals are that they are a lot more prone to leave wow for another shiny game, and it has really brought down the wow community. I hate to generalize because there are a lot of really good friendly people that play wow including casuals, but overall the wow community is really pretty awful now. It maybe isn't LoL or CoD bad, but it's not far behind. A person could blame forcing players to grind lfrs and playing with people you'll never see again, or appealing to casuals that have made for a less mature playerbase, or not having enough aspects of the game that promote cooperation rather than greed and getting there before the next person. If you think wow's community isn't bad now, I would say you need to try a few other mmos and then tell me that. Because it's night and day generally compared to most other games. And no matter how good the content in the game itself is, if my play experience is a frustrating headache of dealing with trolls, ninjas, name-callers, and immature jerks, then it's not going to be fun and I'm going to think twice before shelling out $15 a month and spending my time playing it. I would love to see what boxes the cancelling subs checked, because I'm sure a lot of them were due to the poor community. So I hope that is something Blizzard learns from and addresses.
    Shhhh don't let the casuals hear you man. Pssttt I agree. Now shhh Pann might come back to qq more

Mainly in China so 90% could be from China and another 10% could be from the west.

2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    A few folks here "get it". Most don't.

Every game suffers natural attrition, but the game is sustained by continually recruiting new players. Unfortunately the older WoW gets, the harder it becomes to attract new players simply because no one really wants to give an old game a look.

Releasing new expansions is always a good way to inject new blood into the game, but even that will continue to weaken over time because, at its core WoW is old.

That being said, if Blizzard want to keep WoW going for as long as possible, they need to continue managing the game so that it continues to appeal to, and retain as many existing players as possible, while being accessible to new players. These 2 ideas are not always compatible.

Most of the suggestions I read on this site every day (remove LFR, flying mounts, etc) are poorly thought out ideas that will kill the game in a heartbeat. They are made by people who cannot see the bigger picture or empathise with anyone other than themselves, and fail to understand what other people find enjoyable.

For the most part, I think Blizzard are doing a pretty decent job - close to what is possible in terms of keeping the game alive by continuing to release quality content that offers something for (almost) everyone.

One point I agree with people about is the issue of server numbers: If they can figure out how to balance server populations (no more low pop servers, balanced alliance horde populations on every realm) I think it would really help the game's cause. That being said I understand that this is no small challenge for them.
    You have no idea how happy I am to read this post. Spot on.
    But sadly it's easier to argue sub losses as a DIRECT effect of "whatever-the-poster-disagrees-with-in-the-game"
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    >Alot of ppl are stuck in dead realms , Either merge the realms , or lower the cost of transfer/faction change
    >DELETE LFR , was talking with a friend while ago , we felt that we no longer feel EPIC with bosses anymore after LFR runs
    >Alot of ppl have forgotten but , PVP, fix it . Cant balance pve and pvp? make the spells work like Colossus smash is now. % reduce armore for pvp and diff for pvp. Why not do everythin?
    >MAKE A MOVIE

So when blizzard had a sub increase and maintained the sub increase with slight drops it wasn't racism. but with this sudden drop it isn't something wrong with the game its racism. Every race is modelled on a race in real life blood elfs are white teenagers, trolls are Jamaican.etc None of these things bothered you before but now its a big deal.
    When did they maintain a sub increase? There have been many complaints coming out of the East regarding MOP one of them being they used Japanese voice actors for the Pandaren surely they should have known better after the complaints when Pandaren artwork first surfaced featuring them wearing Samurai armour?

Fix unbalanced and dead servers. Implement cross-realm arena/auction house. Maybe even cross-faction but very limited.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Mainly in China so 90% could be from China and another 10% could be from the west.
    Equally it could mean 51% China 49% from the West we simply don't know.

Deleted
    By being released with a new engine as WoW 2 after WC4 has introduced some new lich kings and illidans

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Equally it could mean 51% China 49% from the West we simply don't know.
    I am not the one making assumptions to support my argument without any facts. They lost western subs so that means LFR needs to be removed. I don't like it and those 1.3 million subs must have not liked it either for the same reasons. This is the attitude that has run rampant on the forums in the last week. These people are not god they have no idea what could have caused the drop in subs. I was countering that logic and yes until blizzard release info we have no idea but people on this forum still jump to the conclusion I hate 1.3 million others must hate it to.

Forgot to add: Either give us an awesome new UI with inspiration from the best addons(pay creators if needed) or at least let us CUSTOMIZE the entire existing UI. Having an almost 10 year old UI is just awful and saying addons are for that is just stupid, just as stupid as having to check up talents/what % hit cap was.

Even Runescape is getting a massive UI overhaul+customization and that game has a much smaller budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    When did they maintain a sub increase? There have been many complaints coming out of the East regarding MOP one of them being they used Japanese voice actors for the Pandaren surely they should have known better after the complaints when Pandaren artwork first surfaced featuring them wearing Samurai armour?
    The first few months of mist they had a sub increase then a slight drop and then this massive drop people still bought this game when they could see beta footage. But suddenly this patch racism is the main issue? not the other few months when all we saw were Pandaren. Now we have had raids focused on the trolls who are jamaican and the mogu who have had major parts in the story as well but racism is defiantly an issue now. Pandas aren't even the main focus.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 10:06 PM ----------

Not everyone likes addon their are people who play without them. The only addon I want is cool down count. Just because you use a lot of addons doesn't mean everyone else does. They added the cc warning stuff to the UI and people were hating on it and they had to add the option to disable it later. Keeping addons as choice is the better way. If you don't like an addon you don't have to use it but if it is incorporated into the Ui. you are stuck with it.

Couldn't spell check gtg
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-05-13 at 10:41 PM.