Nothing changes.

I quit playing Wow a little bit after the SheildWall patch or landing or whatever it was called after 6 years of playing. I got a toon to 90, had it geared for raid 3 days later(lots of gold) did a few raids and just wasn't having fun. I cant even count the hours of work I had put in to get raid bosses down first. I have 2 server first titles from back in the day when I could dedicate 3-4 nights a week. I have ran a 2 successful guilds, both passed on to others when I was taking time off (still have toons in both). I have taught countless people how to stack cooldowns, change keybinds, strafe, use mouse over macros etc,etc.

I do not blame Blizzard for me quitting. The game is what it is. It just isn't what it used to be for me. I have been playing some Diablo, and League of Legends since I uninstalled.

That was just a little background so you would know how long I played and how long i enjoyed it. I still come to MMO for the LOL and Diablo threads periodicaly and noticed something today.

NOTHING CHANGES!

I could snapshot the top posts on the front page and it will match one from 2 years ago, 3 years ago. All that has changed is the names of raids and expansions.

NERF this
    Thats to OP
    NOOBS GET OUT
    Stupid elitist attitude
    Welfare epics
    scrubs ruin the game
    Its my money I can play how I want
    The money of 4 -9 individuals outways your money so dont ruin their game.
    PVP sucks
    We need balance in arena
    I played Vanilla this sucks

It just never ends. It is the same ridiculous crap diatribe said over and over again. The game truly never changes its core. You gear up killshit, then that gear is rendered useless by dungeons or psuedo raid, and you start over. Again and again. If you want pvp there are much better games to play it in. If you want to raid, accept what WOW is, or has become. Why sit and constantly bitch about it over and over? People are going to flame this but its just the truth. Have fun. If its not fun do not play. I cant fathom people who cant stand the game yet play, and then bitch about what they are playing .

Whole thing is absurd.

Deleted
    And you just made another one of those threads, well done!

10+ Year Old Account
    The irony these threads never change just the creator, did you come here first or the wow official forums.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Wonderful, you've vented on MMO-C's forums. Check that off your list of achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    And you just made another one of those threads, well done!
    How do you figure? He's not claiming things need a nerf or anything in the list....

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

This is indeed a public discussion forum, and discussion about the game should be expected. Generally speaking, more people post on forums when they have issues/problems/complaints/concerns then when they just have positive things to say (there isn't as much to discuss about things that people already enjoy)

Your expectations are more absurd than the content, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    The irony these threads never change just the creator, did you come here first or the wow official forums.
    The responses to these threads never change either. Ironic indeed.

Well your last vanilla part could also include TBC, Wotlk and when the next expansion launches, Cataclysm. I remember in wotlk how so many said it sucked and now they praise it. I thought it sucked then and I think it sucks now, cool atmosphere/theme though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    This is indeed a public discussion forum, and discussion about the game should be expected. Generally speaking, more people post on forums when they have issues/problems/complaints/concerns then when they just have positive things to say (there isn't as much to discuss about things that people already enjoy)

Your expectations are more absurd than the content, unfortunately.
    Actually, no. The whole mindset of only having something to say if you're ridiculously butthurt over crap is what is absurd and it speaks volumes of the mentality of the contemporary gamer. A bunch of neurotic sissies and babies. I can't even imagine how these people are in real life. Do they do this when they're hanging with a bunch of pals, having a beer in the evening as well? Crying over some bullshit and dragging everyone down with constant misery? That's the sort of person nobody wants around.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Actually, no. The whole mindset of only having something to say if you're ridiculously butthurt over crap is what is absurd and it speaks volumes of the mentality of the contemporary gamer. A bunch of neurotic sissies and babies. I can't even imagine how these people are in real life. Do they do this when they're hanging with a bunch of pals, having a beer in the evening as well? Crying over some bullshit and dragging everyone down with constant misery? That's the sort of person nobody wants around.
    I agree that a lot of the content is absurd, but expecting it to change overnight is *more* absurd.

Again, most people only speak up when they have an issue/problem/complaint that isn't currently operating in their favor. Yes, people tend to overreact when they take those issues to the internet, but guess what? A lot of people do this in real life as well! Nearly everybody has overreacted and taken out their frustrations on somebody who didn't deserve it (waiters/waitresses, clerks, receptionists, etc). You express your feelings to whoever is there to listen to you, regardless of whether it was their mistake that caused you trouble or not, OR whether or not they have the capacity to *fix* the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquorIsQuicker View Post
    The responses to these threads never change either. Ironic indeed.
    Indeed you should take note, bad come back just bad.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    Nearly everybody has overreacted and taken out their frustrations on somebody who didn't deserve it (waiters/waitresses, clerks, receptionists, etc). You express your feelings to whoever is there to listen to you, regardless of whether it was their mistake that caused you trouble or not, OR whether or not they have the capacity to *fix* the issue.
    Well that's sad, isn't it? It's a matter of character and conduct, if you ask me. I don't do that. I also very much prefer talking to people about stuff we like and get a kick out of instead of sulking over shit. Sometimes I even try to look at myself from a third perspective and ask myself if I'm really being the person I wanna be, and sometimes decide that I don't wanna be a dork all the time. But maybe I'm weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't disagree with your sentiment, please don't create threads just to vent. It isn't very construction, conducive to discussion, and it just contributes to the very problem you're discussing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |