Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've wanted it for years.

Blizzard next step is to attack the MOBA market. much more interesting financially than the RTS market these days.

They realized its potential and changed their strategy , Blizzard all stars was supposed to come out for free with starcraft . they delayed it and made it a completely separate game.

And Lol , dota 2 are just meh .

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanochan View Post
    Even if they went down to 5million subs, they'd still be eons ahead of the competition!
    how is that even relevant.

warcraft is a real time strategy
    world of warcraft is a mmorpg

I feel like if they ever make more RTS', they'll have to take Esports into mind, since they're also competing against MOBAs. They'd have to MOBA-tize the gameplay to make it popular for multiplayer.

Deleted
    I'm more or less expecting news of Warcraft 4 being in the development at Blizzcon this year. Might just be wishful thinking and I'm in for a huge disappointment, but really there's no other game I'm looking forward to as much as a new Warcraft RTS with a new World Editor... Sadly it won't be as awesome as the WC3 one, they will probably go the same route as with SC2 and claim ownership on all submitted maps, controlling what maps are allowed and not, making it really difficult to make a new game popular. /sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    No need for WC4 if they ever release Blizzard All-stars. Its just like LOL, which was made with WC3 engine anyway so no need.
    You have never played WC3 have you? Just because DoTA was on WC3 as a map, does not mean that LOL/DOTA/Blizz All-stars/WC4 are the same thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Lol got 32k active accounts (aka that played last month) last i heard. So they already beat WoW big time in that aspect.
    F2P games that don't have more players than P2P are rather poor. Also cross genre comparing is irrelevant. Last but not least probably half of those are smurf accounts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I was always under the impression that WoW was essentially a cockblock for another Warcraft RTS. As long as it was 10m+ subs strong, it probably wouldn't have been a logical move to break your team up for an RTS.

I enjoyed Warcraft off and on for years, but I prefer the RTS game. I'm hoping that over the next few years when WoW levels out around 1-2 million subs it will allow Blizzard to move some people onto Warcraft 4. Predicting WC4 2016
    I agree with you for the most part, but your prediction is a bit off. 2016 is still a bit too soon I think. But yes, I much prefer the story to be told in an RTS than through an MMO. Let Blizzard do their MMO thing with the new IP Titan and let's try to resurrect Warcraft story through a new RTS.

If they do I'd prefer them finish the current story in WoW (kill Saegeras and finish the legion) and start fresh. Could have rements of the legion and such with side quests. Of course a War4 would likely lead into WoW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    You have never played WC3 have you? Just because DoTA was on WC3 as a map, does not mean that LOL/DOTA/Blizz All-stars/WC4 are the same thing.
    The gameplay is admittedly similar. If it was adapted to allow multiple unit control and more advanced control (Patrol, attack move, hold position, that sorta stuff) the LoL / DotA engine would work as an RTS engine.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

At this point in time, I don't see how a WC4 would even make any sort of sense. They would need to stop WoW or have WC4 set in a boxed time era. But since Warcraft has evolved from game to game story wise I don't see that feasible.

Warcraft 4, sure... if it's an MMO. A newer, shinier, moderner MMO. Like a WoW 2. An RTS though? Not so much. Not really my thing. Maybe if they took the roleplaying elements they introduced in WC3 and expanded them significantly while diminishing the oldschool RTS stuff, like build orders and so on.

Also, 2016? That is so wildly optimistic it's almost beyond comprehension! This is Blizz we're talking here, and unless it's already been in development for several years, it wouldn't be until 2020 at the earliest, and that's if they started it today!

Diablo III: Development began 2001, announced 2008, shipped 2012
    Starcraft II: Development began 2003, announced 2007, shipped 2010
    Last edited by hablix; 2013-05-14 at 01:32 AM.

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beyond the possibility of Blizzard making it in the near future or not... Whoever says it would be impossible to create because of WoW holding the reins of the story right now... is stupid :P

You know they can make prequels, right? Or base it around minor stories related to NPCs in WoW such as Thassarian, Joanna Blueheart... Rexxar's travels during the First War. They could even build it around major stories that were only shown in books, such as the War of the Spider, the Emerald Dream... The Horde on Draenor during the clan wars and the corruption of the horde.

So many possibilities. They could even make all those stories I mentioned in the game, showing them all in different timelines. It'd be fun.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

I'd love to see a WC4. I've enjoyed WoW, but the RTS games were what got me started on it in the first place. If World of Warcraft had just been the first Warcraft game and hadn't been backed up by the Warcraft RTS games, I think it's a lot less likely that I'd have ever started playing it.

Deleted
    WoW is not dying anytime soon. But god, I would love to play another WC RTS so much.

I've been ready. Also what ever happened to the Heart of Storms mod for Warcraft 3 http://hos.samods.org/

10+ Year Old Account
    WC4 would only be made if they ran out of WC1/2/3 Lore, so they can fill the spots for WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Warcraft 4 would be pretty awesome... >.> Not gonna lie, I really want it myself.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2013-08-16 at 08:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yes, unfortunately will only happen once they are finished with Starcraft 2...so they can put their SC2 team on WC4.

I think there will be a Warcraft 4, the question is when.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Warcraft 3 would be pretty awesome... >.> Not gonna lie, I really want it myself.
    Buy it and play it then.