Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I hate to blow some minds, but sheesh...fyi, forced prostitution IS in america, canada, and a host of other countries you just wouldn't imagine, just not a government program, and so not regulated in any way.

No regulation means: worse conditions. Think about it.

I know a ww2 vet (Canadian), him and his buddy opened a whorehouse in france, (it didn't go well, his buddy was the best customer.)

Anyways, my point is, this isn't the shining, bright, innocent world you guys seem to imagine it is.
    Look around you.
    Lets be frank here, at the same time those comfort woman were playing hobby horse, other people were being gassed, cooked, blown up, shot, stabbed, electrocuted, melted, nuked, burnt, disfigured, mutilated, mass murdered, cleaved in half with a trench shovel, the list goes on.
    But yah, lets dig up more old shit about people who are almost if not certainly already dead to piss and moan about the inequality and unfairness of life.

I wish you guys could find something current to bitch about, maybe we could make a difference instead of stroking off over the dust on the history books.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Men who does things like that has nothing to do in a war. But then again, when the state requires hundreds of thousands of cannon fodder, anything goes. Remember that things are also different today. Most Western countries can pick from the top shelf when sending a couple thousand soldiers supported by a population of 10+ millions.
    Last edited by MMKing; 2013-05-14 at 12:08 AM.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre#Rape

Yup, just relieving some stress by mutilating a girls vagina after I gang rape her.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was necessary was nuking Japan if a swift end such stupidity was to be assured.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    I hate to blow some minds, but sheesh...fyi, forced prostitution IS in america, canada, and a host of other countries you just wouldn't imagine, just not a government program, and so not regulated in any way.

No regulation means: worse conditions. Think about it.
    yea great, lets make systemized rape something the state controls. that somehow makes it better....you have got to be fucking kidding me.

I know a ww2 vet (Canadian), him and his buddy opened a whorehouse in france, (it didn't go well, his buddy was the best customer.)

Anyways, my point is, this isn't the shining, bright, innocent world you guys seem to imagine it is.
    Look around you.
    Lets be frank here, at the same time those comfort woman were playing hobby horse, other people were being gassed, cooked, blown up, shot, stabbed, electrocuted, melted, nuked, burnt, disfigured, mutilated, mass murdered, cleaved in half with a trench shovel, the list goes on.
    But yah, lets dig up more old shit about people who are almost if not certainly already dead to piss and moan about the inequality and unfairness of life.

I wish you guys could find something current to bitch about, maybe we could make a difference instead of stroking off over the dust on the history books.
    ooof, wow I'm not even going to touch that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    The actions of the past was sick. The people in power paid for their crimes. The past belongs in the past. although the actions should not be forgotten, it should not be treated like the people who are currently in charge in japan are to blame for the actions of their ancestors.
    I still laugh at the compilations of all the idiots who saw fit to post on facebook how Japan deserved the tsunami and fukushima disaster because of Pearl Harbor.

I'm a bit confused as to the reasoning... Is the guy planning on quiting his job and wanted to leave on a sour note or something?

Also, necessary? Something like this isn't necessary, especially when you end up losing the war. Can't say the means justify the end when the end isn't what you wanted. And it was to help soldiers? I guess the only way to raise moral is to have your soldiers rape a bunch of people... No wonder they lost the war...
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    An event where millions upon millions of people were government-sanctioned killed, and people are worried about rape? As if the main event is not infinitely worse?

Japan committed a lot of disgusting warcrimes, and this was just one of many in Asia. Sure enough, it wouldn't be fair to say that the Germans and Soviets didn't get into any of this, but it looks like Japan really toppled it when came to who left the biggest mark with their atrocities.

Sometimes, it looks like the newer 'generation' give off that impression that acts like this wasn't that much of a big deal.

Those such as the Nanking Massacre are only one of them. I know that they have apologized and admitted these acts as being wrong, but coming from someone who has a Grandad that was a war veteran that fought against them, it really makes you understand some of the things he went through back in WW2... I'm not that surprised at this guy's words.
    Last edited by Drakoes; 2013-05-14 at 12:17 AM.

How wonderful, the year is 2013 and we still have asshats in a public office with such morals. A modern country if i may add.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    And you're a sick little fucker.
    It's fucking WAR.

Anyone who has never set foot in a goddamn warzone needs to stop fucking commenting. We don't need armchair commanders who have no inkling of what it's like to be out there. War changes people, creates situations that normally one should never have to go through. SHIT FUCKING HAPPENS. None of you sheltered little kids who think they know what to do in that situation, what's right and what's wrong, have ANY. BLOODY. IDEA.

I spent 11 months in Iraq, and I'm sure there are many more people who have done more than that on this forum. I for one certainly wasn't prepared, no matter how much I tried to prepare myself for it. And any one of these people who has actually been in a combat situation knows what a mind fuck it is. Now, I'm not saying that forced prostitution and slavery is a good thing. Not by any stretch. But desperate times call for desperate measures, and all that jazz. And war was waged in far different ways back then. I don't know the numbers, but I KNOW the survival rate of infantrymen back then was leaps and bounds lower than it is today. Anything that can be done to psychologically prepare people to LOSE THEIR LIVES, raise morale, is a good thing when fighting a war if you ever plan on winning. Times were different back then, and this is just one of many things they did to alleviate the morale and depression surrounded war.

Ok, I'm getting off here before I really blow my top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    An event where millions upon millions of people were government-sanctioned killed, and people are worried about rape? As if the main event is not infinitely worse?
    If I kill a man and my best buddy kills 100 men, are people not justified in being angry with me as well as him? A bigger crime doesn't erase the existence of a lesser crime nor the need for the guilty party of the lesser crime to repent.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlon View Post
    How wonderful, the year is 2013 and we still have asshats in a public office with such morals. A modern country if i may add.
    Look up their current prime minister. That guy thrives on denial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    I think i'd take getting shot and killed over getting painfully gang raped and then shot or beat to death.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    It's fucking WAR.
    So what? That should be no excuse for it. There is never an excuse for it.

Now, I'm not saying that forced prostitution and slavery is a good thing.
    Well that's a relief because that would be a pretty horrible thing to endorse.

Anything that can be done to psychologically prepare people to LOSE THEIR LIVES, raise morale, is a good thing when fighting a war if you ever plan on winning. Times were different back then, and this is just one of many things they did to alleviate the morale and depression surrounded war.
    I'm getting mixed signals from you.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Difficult statement to get my head around. There may be something lost in translation.

If I'm being generous, perhaps he ment that it was better for it to be organised and allow the troops to 'blow off steam' rather then just turn a blind eye to rampant uncontrolled young men who were being pushed far harder then they could handle. Its basically controlling a horrible situation that couldn't be stopped.

However, this legitimises what happened in a twisted sort of way. Plus I'm pretty damn sure those women and their families didn't feel it was 'necessary'.

Might have been better if he said nothing, but at least he's admitting bad things happened. Just in a really weird way.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Necessary? I want to know what planet he's on.
    Japan. Different cultures think differently.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

It's fucking WAR.

Anyone who has never set foot in a goddamn warzone needs to stop fucking commenting. We don't need armchair commanders who have no inkling of what it's like to be out there. War changes people, creates situations that normally one should never have to go through. SHIT FUCKING HAPPENS. None of you sheltered little kids who think they know what to do in that situation, what's right and what's wrong, have ANY. BLOODY. IDEA.

I spent 11 months in Iraq, and I'm sure there are many more people who have done more than that on this forum. I for one certainly wasn't prepared, no matter how much I tried to prepare myself for it. And any one of these people who has actually been in a combat situation knows what a mind fuck it is. Now, I'm not saying that forced prostitution and slavery is a good thing. Not by any stretch. But desperate times call for desperate measures, and all that jazz. And war was waged in far different ways back then. I don't know the numbers, but I KNOW the survival rate of infantrymen back then was leaps and bounds lower than it is today. Anything that can be done to psychologically prepare people to LOSE THEIR LIVES, raise morale, is a good thing when fighting a war if you ever plan on winning. Times were different back then, and this is just one of many things they did to alleviate the morale and depression surrounded war.

Ok, I'm getting off here before I really blow my top.
    War doesn't give you a "I can do whatever I want" card. But you know, what ever, let's try and justify bullshit. I'm sure Germany's genocidol tendencies were also okay too right?
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    And you're a sick little fucker.
    People don't care anymore, stop trying to fight it.

Empathy is about dead.

It's fucking WAR.
    Wars have rules. If you knew anything about the military you'd know this.

You want to know why there are rules? Because without them soldiers will feel its necessary to be inhumane, because if they aren't then their enemies will be. And the men you get back after the end of the war might be so broken by the evils they feel the 'have' to do that they need to be locked away.

Treat as you want to be treated. You can't stop two armies killing each other, but you can make sure both sides know that if one soldier surrenders the other one doesn't kill him or torture him. And if a soldier knows he can't surrender from fear of being killed in an even worse way, then really bad things are going to happen.

Hense, we have rules. But you should know that already, right?