Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Classes/Spec in the next Xpac

So.....the latest "leak" got me thinking.

What DO players want next Xpac?

1: A fourth spec
    Enough said - refresh the existing specs, add variety in playstyle, perhaps use the oppoortunity to fill in gaps by adding classes to use gear with low competition (SpellPlate, etc)

2: A new class
    Again - enough said. Add a new class with new gameplay, new lore.

3: Rationalise and refresh the existing specs.
    Don't add new specs.....but look at the ones we have. See where they overlap, see if they can be merged, expanded, improved. Where they simply provide style of combat, see if those features can be provided via Glyphs or talents instead. Should existing trees be considered for revamping to provide new roles

For example:

Rogues have three melee DPS specs. Could those three specs be consolidated into 1, with Glyphs or talents providing any necessary style preference?
    Shamans have three trees - Resto, Ele and Enh, each with a particular theme. Should it get a fourth spec?
    Paladins have three trees. Should it consolidated those into Melee and Caster?
    Mages Arcane spec has been focussed more at time management. Should it be revamped to include a healing mode?

Upside? More defined specs, greater hybridisation and the potential for a refresh of the classes
    Downside? Players may not like losing playstyle to Glyphs, greater hybridisation necessitates an end to pures and players would miss the ability to player as their favorite spec.

Fourth: Reduce all existing classes to one spec, with differences in role and style accounted for by stance mechanics, glyphs and gearing choices.

A Warrior tank would thus gear and Glyph for tanking, and play in Defence Stance. He can switch to DPS Stance, but would lack the gear and Glyphs to fully exploit it. A Holy Priest could enter Shadowform for DPS, and lose healing. And so on.

EJL

I think keeping things they are spec-wise would be fine, but adding a fourth spec for SOME classes would work best. I listed below some ideas I think would be the best classes for another spec.
    Paladins, Monks, Priests and Death Knights all could have a caster spec added without too much an issue.
    For Paladins, the Inquisitor. Doesn't need much explanation. Everyone knows of the shockadin Would use int plate.
    For Monks, there could be a new stance, Stance of the Red Crane, since it's the only celestial without an accompanying stance/spec in the class. This spec could have Crackling Jade Lightening be their 'main spell' for the new spec to gain chi. Would use int leather.
    For Priests, another DPS caster spec, except this time, it would be Holy instead of Shadow. Smite would be a main spell in their tooltip. Int cloth, like normal.
    For Death Knights, Necromancer death knights could be the caster spec, with a permanent minion and maybe a lower cooldown on Army of the Dead. Int plate.
    Rogues and Shaman could have tanking specs added as well. Shaman can already equip shields! Would use agi mail though. Rogues have many possibilities, but I haven't any good ones off the top of my head right now. They would tank mainly using Evasion and the like.
    I don't think the other classes would really be able to have another spec added.
    As for new class, tinker class for the win <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    What DO players want next Xpac?
    I would love to have an expansion which can keep me interested for a year at least.

1: A fourth spec
    Enough said - refresh the existing specs, add variety in playstyle, perhaps use the oppoortunity to fill in gaps by adding classes to use gear with low competition (SpellPlate, etc)
    It is defiantly the easy path ton getting all the hero classes added.

[quote]2: A new class
    Again - enough said. Add a new class with new gameplay, new lore.[quote]
    They could do this since there is a hole in mail, but then Spell plate, Range Weapons also need another class/spec as well.

3: Rationalise and refresh the existing specs.
    Don't add new specs.....but look at the ones we have. See where they overlap, see if they can be merged, expanded, improved. Where they simply provide style of combat, see if those features can be provided via Glyphs or talents instead. Should existing trees be considered for revamping to provide new roles
    Not really they have change too much with already, if anything they need to revert a few things back to were they were pre-cata.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 10:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bandcamp16 View Post
    ...Necromancer death knights could be the caster spec, with a permanent minion and maybe a lower cooldown on Army of the Dead. Int plate...
    Um Unholy has a perma Pet, to make it different it would have to be a non-melee caster with a perma Army of the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Um Unholy has a perma Pet, to make it different it would have to be a non-melee caster with a perma Army of the dead.
    Well all hunter specs have a permanent pet but they're still different
    Being a non-melee caster in int plate would be different from Unholy, at least I think.

I want another hero class because I keep trying to level Death Knights but they're a pain in the ass.

I don't think the game needs any more classes, and they're pretty happy with the current spec/talent system so I doubt that would change.

They could add a new race (ogresogresogresogres) but to be honest, it'd be fine to have neither classes nor races next expansion. We have plenty of both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't think the game needs any more classes, and they're pretty happy with the current spec/talent system so I doubt that would change.

They could add a new race (ogresogresogresogres) but to be honest, it'd be fine to have neither classes nor races next expansion. We have plenty of both.
    why have new races when we have all the old ones revamped

I would want new character models the most followed by a new class. I would also want server mergers.

It'd be cool to see real variance of gameplay within a class instead of some cosmetic changes and slight variations in rotation.

In example: Melee warlocks, hunters and mages. Ranged rogues and warriors, etc. Hybrids of both. Just a real difference in the way the class is played.