Page 48 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    I hate having only these brusque one-sentence replies to say, but ... that being the case, why not try to solo it as affliction? What becomes the problem there?
    It is possibly doable as affliction, however afflic lacks the self-healing that destro has (RoF infinite embers on immortal guardians = lots of ember taps). As affliction you are either limited to 1) spamming DS to keep up enough shards to prevent your voidlord from falling over in a couple of seconds, or 2) speccing soul link and having to spam drain life to keep yourself alive.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 08:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    The spreadsheet is just not being updated anymore, a lot of bosses are missing from it.
    LK25HC has been done., check the couple of videos around. Only as destro though, and with 525+ilvl. Demo is not a great soloing spec.
    I went ahead and made a copy of the spreadsheet and updated it with everything I found in the thread, let me know if anything is missing:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3c&usp=sharing

Also I'm going to open it up to public editing. I'll make a separate, non-public copy so if someone decides to troll and mess it up I can put it back and will turn off public editing.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by Mackslol View Post
    The reason it despawns (probably at pull, yeah?) is because you are too far away when you use your third feather. Try using a feather closer to the boss and it won't despawn.
    it was actually despawning mid air when i was right on her ass at like 70%, it did despawn almost immediately but i figured that was my fault from being too far away. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    it was actually despawning mid air when i was right on her ass at like 70%, it did despawn almost immediately but i figured that was my fault from being too far away. :P
    Never fly above her for longer than a second or so. If there's a ring above her, fly up and get it then get under her again quickly.

So tempted to start going after T11 and T12 armor (normal, of course) -- torn between jumping in or just waiting until a higher ilvl (490 now). I'm not a great soloer, hoping this'll help improve my play.

I think I might log on and go do 25 Gunship since it hasn't been done according to the spreadsheet.

Edit: First pull was a wipe. Riflemen/Marines spawn faster than you can kill them, and you get no time in the cannon. Going to try zerging more and pushing for more dps. We'll see.

Edit 2: My pet really hates this fight. I can't do a fucking thing with him other than passive and forced attack. I want to leave him on the other boat to deal with the marines while I kill the mage, but he won't stay.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 01:22 AM ----------

After like 15 attempts, I'm going to say this is probably doable. I've hit 30% a few times, and I've made mistakes on every one of those attempts. Destro will probably be best for this (Rain of Fire to keep things from casting Burning Pitch), although I was doing it as Demonology. Best of luck to whoever tries it next, and if you're an engineer, Rocket Boots and the Glider will get you across the gap if you're in a hurry.
    Last edited by Teye; 2013-05-14 at 04:40 AM.

Deleted
    Done Magmaw 10hc, as destro+soul link. Lots of ember tap healing to survive the heavy dmg there. The constructs are not a issue, just burst dps (havoc) then when they spawn.
    P2 is like P1 with more dmg from Nefarius.
    When your pet gets Mangle, remove Soul Link to let him die, then instant summon him (he'll swawn right onto Magmaw) and put Soul Link back on.
    8min35 (enrage at 10min) kill with 525ilvl.

And Omnotron 10hc too. Very easy as long as you have enough dps to keep Soul Leech on. 3min59 kill.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2013-05-14 at 02:19 PM.

Deleted
    Can't post links yet..
    Gunship 25 down ilvl528 destro with mannoroth's fury talent, was extremely easy.
    imageshack.us/a/img853/5723/gunship25b.jpg
    imageshack.us/a/img856/7065/gunship25a.jpg
    imageshack.us/a/img855/7230/gunship25.jpg

Putricide 25 was also quite easy, failed at dodging the goo like 3 times and still got it down.
    imageshack.us/a/img41/2397/putri.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatkain View Post
    Putricide 25 was also quite easy, failed at dodging the goo like 3 times and still got it down.
    Killed him in 25HC a month ago
    Fight's very different in heroic because you can't use a pet to tank him.

Deleted
    Killed him in 25HC a month ago
    Fight's very different in heroic because you can't use a pet to tank him.
    Ok, that list hasn't been updated in a while then.. First time I even tried those, just trying to get some warlock tier10 gear from there.

Updated the spreadsheet with the latest stuff, don't forget that you guys can edit it now as well.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    Done Magmaw 10hc, as destro+soul link. Lots of ember tap healing to survive the heavy dmg there. The constructs are not a issue, just burst dps (havoc) then when they spawn.
    P2 is like P1 with more dmg from Nefarius.
    When your pet gets Mangle, remove Soul Link to let him die, then instant summon him (he'll swawn right onto Magmaw) and put Soul Link back on.
    8min35 (enrage at 10min) kill with 525ilvl.

And Omnotron 10hc too. Very easy as long as you have enough dps to keep Soul Leech on. 3min59 kill.
    I was faster than u on magmaw!!! xD

I'm working on maloriak heroic now too it seems doable..
    Last edited by mmoc42fc101662; 2013-05-14 at 06:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignocia View Post
    I was faster than u on magmaw!!! xD
    With you having 5 more ilvl I'm not surprised And I avoided Mangle during last phase too.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2013-05-14 at 05:45 PM.

Am I necroing?

Anyways, Im trying to solo SSC and I can't get past Fathom-Lord Karathress.. I am in 487ish gear and pull decently high dps but he just 1-2 shots me and my pet.

Any advice on what to do against him? is destro better for him too?

Quote Originally Posted by Aùssa02 View Post
    Am I necroing?

Anyways, Im trying to solo SSC and I can't get past Fathom-Lord Karathress.. I am in 487ish gear and pull decently high dps but he just 1-2 shots me and my pet.

Any advice on what to do against him? is destro better for him too?
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=38441#comments

This would be the spell. Yes Destro would be better, keep 1-2 embers for ember tapping after the bolt and as the comments suggests, kill his adds before even touching him

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, what's the reason Majordomo Staghelm hasn't been solo'd yet? Too much incoming damage?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrot View Post
    Out of curiosity, what's the reason Majordomo Staghelm hasn't been solo'd yet? Too much incoming damage?
    Like the Blood Council fight in ICC, Majordomo Staghelm is hitting pets for way more than he normally should. Probably so that he coudn't be tanked by a pet back in Cata. My voidlord's been taking 120k normal hits, that's even more than me in caster form.
    So maybe with Dark Apotheosis to survive the dmg, but you'll 63k dps to beat the enrage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=38441#comments

This would be the spell. Yes Destro would be better, keep 1-2 embers for ember tapping after the bolt and as the comments suggests, kill his adds before even touching him
    Actually, doing it with the proper tactic stated in the quote above only made me wipe again and again because the Cataclysmic Bolt eats you before you have killed all the adds, even with ember tapping. I tried nuking the boss instead and bam he was dead in the first try.

Like the Blood Council fight in ICC, Majordomo Staghelm is hitting pets for way more than he normally should. Probably so that he coudn't be tanked by a pet back in Cata. My voidlord's been taking 120k normal hits, that's even more than me in caster form.
    So maybe with Dark Apotheosis to survive the dmg, but you'll 63k dps to beat the enrage.

Hm, this is tempting to try. Start with a normal opener as Sac with the Felguard out, and Threatening Presence on. Dps until the pet is dead and in that time get up a fully buffed Doom. Once the Felguard is dead, use Demonic Rebirth to summon a Voidwalker (for the CD) and Sac it right away. From there, go into DA and tank the boss. Next UVLS proc, instant summon a Voidwalker, Meta, Doom, Gateway, Sac pet and build fury to get back into DA. Boss will kill a few Imps, but it should still give you the most damage. I'd test it myself, but yesterday was the last day of my sub. Good luck to whoever tries it.

They're nerfing Cataclysmic Bolt in the next patch, so he should be a cakewalk in a few weeks' time.

Deleted
    Killed Valiona&Theralion 25Man.

And Cho'gall 25Man.

Not that I care, but maybe world first (and I don't think any other class had done Cho'gall25). Especially with him requiring to reach 100% Corruption for the dmg boost and warlocks being probably the only ones to survive it through Soul Leech.
    Valiona&Theralion are very easy. Blackout hurts a bit but you can survive it just with Soul Leech+Soul Link. As long as you can beat the enrage, nothing can really threaten you. 130k dps is needed but with two targets and the 100% dmg buff it's not really an issue.
    7min39 kill (10min enrage) with 525ilvl.

Cho'gall 25 is done like Cho'gall 10HC but there's less dmg so it's easier. Didn't bother to play demo. 9min07 kill. Vidz later.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2013-05-15 at 05:09 PM.