Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I've been advocating for a tinker class and a 4th spec for awhile now. I never thought of the possibility that they would bring in both at the same time.

That would be one heck of an expansion, and would make a lot of people very happy.

There is some evidence to back up this possibility. The biggest being that Locks have a 4th spec tied into a glyph, and I seriously doubt they're just going to dump the spec next expansion.
    I was waiting for this post since page 7!

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Tinker class?

Fourth spec?

I'm going to guess Teriz made this image. :P

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    If it wasnt true why the topic would get deleted from official forums.
    because its fake.

Rogues will get a bukkake specc? Nice to fit in with the asian theme blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    A few things:
    They did OK with the monk. He's not the source of all the games imbalance like the DK was, but he's struggling to get his cut of the pie still.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I was waiting for this post since page 7!
    There was a page where I pointed out the same thing.

But didn't use his name.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    They did OK with the monk. He's not the source of all the games imbalance like the DK was, but he's struggling to get his cut of the pie still.
    I left my monk because chi management may be worse than combo point management on a rogue. Monks need more non-chi damage options.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Why DELETE the thread if it's a fake? Sounds fishy... If it was a fake a simple lock with a "FAKE" statement would suffice.

Assuming it's legit, I would guess that Blizzard wish to try a fourth ROLE, support, together with the trinity we have today.
    Last edited by Buu; 2013-05-15 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Why DELETE the thread if it's a fake? Sounds fishy... If it was a fake a simple lock with a "FAKE" statement would suffice.

Assuming it's legit, I would guess that Blizzard wish to try a fourth ROLE, support, together with the trinity we have today.
    I don't even think it was on the first page anymore. So they could've just left it, or locked it.

lol
    This is actually a new class idea i proposed at blizz a while back ... not gonna explain the whole lore behind it ... ... but you would basically play an enginered robot with a whole plethora of 'enginering' skills/moves/equipement...

(lore: it's about a evil goblin that lived during the titans, and created a army to defeat them. The war didn't ended good for him, because he and his army where destroyed. But some of this army survived, and is now discovered during an archeology dig. His evil influence is gone, and you and you're fellow robots are now finally freed)

also i proposed:

-a raiding instance with 6 bosses. Each month one single boss becomes active. No beta access. Only 30 weekly tries...
    Last edited by rogas; 2013-05-15 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    some people really just have no joy in their life. so what if it's fake or real? isn't it fun to imagine? yeah that would be pretty cool right? that's how you're meant to act as a fan of something. I looked, smiled, considered it, then got back on with my life, I'd suggest trying to do the same instead of nerdraging at each other. sheesh.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Rogues will get a bukkake specc? Nice to fit in with the asian theme blizzard
    L
    O
    L

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    That's exactly why they'd delete it. Delete a fake thread and people think it's real. Keep a real leak open and people assume it's fake.

Agreed. There's some classes who'd just get another DPS spec (rogue, warrior) currently. Only way to make this work would be a fourth role.

Sadly, the "every spec must be able to solo" philosophy may have doomed a fourth role.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    A tinker class?
    Robo-bard, naturally.

15+ Year Old Account
    Troll threads always gets deleted there.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    That's exactly why they'd delete it. Delete a fake thread and people think it's real. Keep a real leak open and people assume it's fake.

Agreed. There's some classes who'd just get another DPS spec (rogue, warrior) currently. Only way to make this work would be a fourth role.

Sadly, the "every spec must be able to solo" philosophy may have doomed a fourth role.
    Healers can dps. Why can't a support role use damaging spells aswell?

Lets say a mage gets a support spec revolving around Runes, they'd still have some of the baseline damaging spells all mages have (I think it's FrostFire Bolt, Fire Blast, Arcane Explosion (?????), The mage bombs, etc.).
    Last edited by Auxis; 2013-05-15 at 05:43 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

the problem about support roles is: nobody likes it. it's a very small niche.

vanilla had support roles, and it sucked. pally raiding: your role - to keep casting single-man blessings on the whole raid. each blessing lasts 5 minutes and you have 40 party members, so when you finish buffing the last guy, the first one was already running out of buff. sooooo awesome!
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Support classes make zero sense because the standard classes have several support abilities. Blizzard made the right move eliminating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post

There are a million of these posts here. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz gets its idea from here.
    i like how anyone can compare a race... to new specs... seriously? oh something the art team has to work on once and when there finished almost never have to work on again compared to something that will ALWAYS cause problems with balance.

4th/5th specs is like adding 3+ classes WITHOUT the added benefit of being expansions apart because if they add 4th specs they better release them all at once or prepare for the massive shit storm that will be caused when "WHY THE HELL THAT CLASS GET A NEW SPEC MY CLASS DESERVES NEW SPEC FIRST" not to mention all the extra work from the art team to make all those new spell effects, they also would have to addin tri spec because god forbid little timmy have to respec and find out he doesnt like it.

comparing what is essentially a vanity addon to something that severely effects gameplay and balancing is not something someone who even has a hint of what it takes to make these things thinks
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I heavily doubt it's real, but if it was, a tinker class and fourth specs would be an interesting way to go and it makes me wonder what the next expansion's theme is that the classes adopting new combat styles and tinkers taking to the battlefield would be, erm, thematic.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    How would they do that when none of the Engineering profession's abilities exist within the Tinker class? And there wouldn't be an Alchemy class, it would be merged with Tinkers since the two are related concepts.

Yeah, that is a pretty dumb statement. Death Knights are scourge/undead. Warlocks are Demonic. DKs are melee fighters while Warlocks are ranged casters. There's a big thematic difference there across the board.
    Gonna keep ignoring the Engineering thing, are you? You've been told, in MULTIPLE threads, what Engineering abilities exist within what YOU have posted for proposed Tinker Skills. I'm done on that subject, because you ignore anything that you don't agree with.

Death Knights actually do appear designed as a cross between Warlocks and Warriors: A Plate Wearing melee focused class using a building resource system (Runic Power similar to Rage) while also relying on using multiple DoTs (Diseases similar to Curses/other DoTs that were a major focus for Warlocks), and the occasional support of a pet (Ghoul similar to Warlock Pet), with a cooldown Super Pet Summon (Army of the Dead similar to Infernal/Doomguard).

Now, your reply to the comment that DKS=Warrior+Warlock was a different THEME, not mechanic. Your argument for Demon Hunters not being in was they were too close MECHANIC-wise to existing classes, which I just showed Blizzard doesn't seem to have too big a problem with. Ball's in your court, try to keep on track.

people saying its real because it was deleted... yeah and i guess whoever made the thread he got all the ideas from was actually leaking information right?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    Maybe the 4th spec would be the PvP spec and it would be the only PvP spec available to each class. Each having some healing (some a bit more than others) but generally being dps. Putting it closer to GW2 style of playing.

Then they'd have 11 specs to balance instead of... 33?
    This is all I have to say about that.

It would make things a lot easier to balance, yes, but I doubt they'd actually dare to do that and upset so many people. It's not exactly a small change.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.