Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So, is the baseline 65% resil a buff or a nerf?

Title says it all, I hope it will help with survival, game feels really bursty/too many ccs.

Deleted
    65% is pretty much what you get when having medicore pvp gear (some honor, some valor) without socketing for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone in full pvp gear right now has between 65-68% resil.. so? not sure where the disconnect is.

Its a nerf overall because nerfing pvp gems made res not worth gemming so anyone thats stacking res now will end up with just the 65% rather than the 68-69% they have now.

A nerf to full pvp geared people, a buff to lesser pvp geared people

The resil nerf just gives you baseline what you have right now, if you are in pvp gear. Your total percent if gemmed will probably drop, as the gem amount is being reduced.

What WILL be a nerf to burst healing and damage is the PvP Power change. DPS will be gaining 64% of the output they currently gain from PvP Power, so this is a significant change. Healers will be gaining 1.28x on return from PvP Power, but all healing is being reduced by the "battle fatigue", so net healing will decrease.

Both healing and damage will decrease in arenas after the patch.

It's a buff. I don't know why everyone says that 65% resilience is what everyone has without gemming, but coming from an unholy dk that didn't gem resilience out of spite, I stand at 63,5% resilience with half my gear tyrannical and the rest new malevolent (the old one has less resilience). Am I missing something? Is it because I'm a dk or what? Come 5.3, that's a free 1,5% resilience buff.
    Last edited by Orly; 2013-05-16 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    The resil nerf just gives you baseline what you have right now, if you are in pvp gear. Your total percent if gemmed will probably drop, as the gem amount is being reduced.

What WILL be a nerf to burst healing and damage is the PvP Power change. DPS will be gaining 64% of the output they currently gain from PvP Power, so this is a significant change. Healers will be gaining 1.28x on return from PvP Power, but all healing is being reduced by the "battle fatigue", so net healing will decrease.

Both healing and damage will decrease in arenas after the patch.
    Yea The pvp power nerf seems like it will balance it out. I am also kinda concerned that say a blood death knight in pve gear will have all these defenses, now it will get a free 65% resil. I don't really see the balance in something like that

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babywipe View Post
    Yea The pvp power nerf seems like it will balance it out. I am also kinda concerned that say a blood death knight in pve gear will have all these defenses, now it will get a free 65% resil. I don't really see the balance in something like that
    PvE gear will have 0 additional stats over PvP gear in 5.3 (item level cap), but now the blood DK in full PvE gear will deal 35-40% less damage (power) and healing: in other words, PvE gear in PvP will always be the wrong call in 5.3, which is a great change.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    nerf to me
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

I'm @ 63% resil with Full Tyr (16/16) on. Buff. People in Honor gear have like 67% because their set has more Resil/PVP power but less of their main stats/stam.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    I'm @ 63% resil with Full Tyr (16/16) on. Buff. People in Honor gear have like 67% because their set has more Resil/PVP power but less of their main stats/stam.
    well I am riding over 65% stacking resil gems. Hopefully the pvp power nerf makes u for the resil nerf ill be taking

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babywipe View Post
    well I am riding over 65% stacking resil gems. Hopefully the pvp power nerf makes u for the resil nerf ill be taking
    You will have more resilience after the nerf than you do now. You will have 65% baseline, all gems and set bonuses and enchants will then be After the 65% baseline. So if you are at 65% now, I'd guess you will be at 68% after the nerf if you don't change your gemming (obviously).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    You will have more resilience after the nerf than you do now. You will have 65% baseline, all gems and set bonuses and enchants will then be After the 65% baseline. So if you are at 65% now, I'd guess you will be at 68% after the nerf if you don't change your gemming (obviously).
    1. I'm higher than that.
    2. No you wont, they're nerfing resilience gems. No point in gemming them anymore. Will only end up hurting you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    1. I'm higher than that.
    2. No you wont, they're nerfing resilience gems. No point in gemming them anymore. Will only end up hurting you.
    1. The person I responded to has 65% right now, which means that in addition to gems, socket bonuses, set bonuses and enchants - they will have 65% + Whatever %, which is more than their current 65%.
    2. If you have 65% right now, then yes you will. Nerfing Resilience by 265/400 doesn't make it meaningless, it makes it far less valuable - and probably not worth the dps loss of gemming main stat - but it still increases your survivability: it won't hurt you, on the contrary it will reduce the amount you are hurt - just not as much as the state it is right now (which is way too strong).

This change shouldn't be looked at alone. Since PvP power coefficient decreased everybody dmg will take a hit by a healthy amount. Can you expect to be globaled after patch? Yes you can, just hopefully it'll take more coordination then it takes now when me on mage and my elem sham partner finish games singlehandedly more often then not (even being behind on like 10 ilvls).

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    PvE gear will have 0 additional stats over PvP gear in 5.3 (item level cap), but now the blood DK in full PvE gear will deal 35-40% less damage (power) and healing: in other words, PvE gear in PvP will always be the wrong call in 5.3, which is a great change.
    You WOULD be right except that PvE can yield FAR higher ilvl gear which more than offset any pvp power gains from pvp gear outside instanced pvp. Already on the 5.3 ptr people are dueling with full normal mode gear and shitting on elite pvp geared players because of the ilvl discrepancy.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got 6resi gems on rdruid and i have 66.55% resi and 9.3k resilience rating. (492ilvl)
    So very minor buff i think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know how damage looks after 5.3 but. But if its anything like atm 65% is not enough.
    Last night Ench shamy plus mage blown me up in 2 globals in stun ---> 68%resi 440k hp. Other chap
    I was in arena with was like OO WTF.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    You WOULD be right except that PvE can yield FAR higher ilvl gear which more than offset any pvp power gains from pvp gear outside instanced pvp. Already on the 5.3 ptr people are dueling with full normal mode gear and shitting on elite pvp geared players because of the ilvl discrepancy.
    Unless specifically stated, I always talk about instanced PvP - world pvp and duels and random battlegrounds are not things that Blizzard makes any attempt to balance, if they refuse to try to balance those - it's not worth out effort to postulate how to fix them.