Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaia View Post
    well not only the title ^^ atleast the ingame terms are also ragnarok related XXDDD
    This post confuses me.. ingame terms? ragnarok related?

Quote Originally Posted by Elenion View Post
    Original RO2 that was scrapped?
    Yes. The version one of RO2 that was released around 2010~2011 was scrapped due to raging fanboys.

I prefer the UI on the first RO

but I love the glitchyness of THIS RO2 - this glitch always gets me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiYeon View Post
    This post confuses me.. ingame terms? ragnarok related?

Yes. The version one of RO2 that was released around 2010~2011 was scrapped due to raging fanboys.

I prefer the UI on the first RO

but I love the glitchyness of THIS RO2 - this glitch always gets me
    that is one freaky glitch

i dont really mind the glitches. they actually make the game more fun LOL

but seriously, the trees are getting in our way

Deleted
    lol you look like cookie monster in one of those pic.. a very pervy one.

Deleted
    normally i just make sure i always zoom in to get away from those annoying trees. >.<

So I played this a bit, feels like a bad wow clone with clunky game mechanics, lots of clutter (text everywhere??) and bad performance issues. A very dated wow style MMO with a cute anime styling to it. The graphics wouldn't bother me if they werent so buggy and if they had some options to tweak (no AA? when I forced AA it messed up the textures).

I got my character to level 4, so hardly a full conclusion of the game but I dont think the styling is going to make up for what is a really dated feeling game with some nasty performance issues. Still nothing lost, it was free. I wanted to like it atleast.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    So I played this a bit, feels like a bad wow clone with clunky game mechanics, lots of clutter (text everywhere??) and bad performance issues. A very dated wow style MMO with a cute anime styling to it. The graphics wouldn't bother me if they werent so buggy and if they had some options to tweak (no AA? when I forced AA it messed up the textures).

I got my character to level 4, so hardly a full conclusion of the game but I dont think the styling is going to make up for what is a really dated feeling game with some nasty performance issues. Still nothing lost, it was free. I wanted to like it atleast.
    thats what others usually say, WoW clone/generic MMO. i'm guessing you quit the game already?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post

I'd have to agree with the clutter part.. ever since i started the game, i kept on thinking that something wasn't right... and you're right.. too much text... but aside from that, i could live with the other issues... for now... but im pretty sure they'll fix that soon.

I havent quit yet, but haven't played it all that much either. I'l pop on every now and again and see how things go, graphics are worse than WoW (aside from the char models, which are perfect within the style) yet I'm only getting 60fps (Vsync forced on by game) and it occasionally drops below. In practice though it feels more like 20fps, it isn't a smooth running game.

This annoys me loads, one of the most distracting things, I managed to get AA by setting the forced AA to enhance instead of override, which looks better. I still find the gameplay quite clunky, If I compare it to wow then it is really not so good. With that said I don't care to play WoW anymore, some things just run their course, regardless of how well polished and solid everything is.

I'l give Ragnarok a chance for a bit, but it's probably going to be a case of me playing for a short while then giving up.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    but im pretty sure they'll fix that soon.
    still waiting for them to finish the 6 hours of maintenance right now :/

Quote Originally Posted by kalilyrr View Post
    thats what others usually say, WoW clone/generic MMO. i'm guessing you quit the game already?
    Obviously he did, not worth playing in a million years. And I say that as a still semi-active RO1 player.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Obviously he did, not worth playing in a million years. And I say that as a still semi-active RO1 player.
    That's a little bit too harsh to say, don't you think?

As a person who hasnt played RO1 I found the game enjoyable.

That's a little bit too harsh to say, don't you think?
    Nope. It's WoW with a Ragnarok skin. There's nothing Ragnarok about it in gameplay.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Yeah, I wonder why they didn't go for something closer to RO original gameplay. This could have been a niche MMO catering to a specific market.
    Sure, they wouldn't get millions of players, but they'd get a solid playerbase, which in the current oversaturated MMO market is nothing to scoff at.

I liked the game so far, they just needed to separate the need of ranged/melee DPS a bit more. Also, they have some more support classes, but I liked the DPS/Tank/Offtank/Support way of the game.

PS: I played RO 1 from open beta 2 till Rachel Temple patch, I think they have solved a lot of problems, but it did lost a bit of the essence of the game. We should probably give them some time to add more classes and the games should be OK.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2013-05-16 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    Yeah, I wonder why they didn't go for something closer to RO original gameplay. This could have been a niche MMO catering to a specific market.
    Sure, they wouldn't get millions of players, but they'd get a solid playerbase, which in the current oversaturated MMO market is nothing to scoff at.
    like what other players want... they should have just made a 3D version of Ro1.. that could have a been a whole lot better right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    As a person who hasnt played RO1 I found the game enjoyable.
    same here. good thing i havent tried WoW before, i always see comments RO2 is just its clone.