Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonman555 View Post
    The Room - I saw some videos on youtube of it and bought it off amazon. Watching it with a large group of my friends was probably one of the funniest things that ever happened to me. Yeah it is awful, but it still holds a special place in my heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Expendables - Saw it with a friend in theaters, was probably the funnest movie I've seen. Sure, the plot was lacking, but my buddy and I laughed our asses off at most of the one liners. But whenever I hear other people talking about it, apparently they didn't enjoy it as much.

The Phantom Menace - By no means is this one of my favourites, but I much preferred it over Ep 2 & 3.

Scary Movie 1 & 2 - Most people seem to hate all the "______ Movies", and I agree with most of them, but I enjoyed these ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sucker Punch is the only one that comes to mine, because it got destroyed by nearly all of humanity in reviews. I mean ,it didn't just get bad reviews, some reviewers were asking for Zack Snyder to retire from directing or some shit. Can't wait to see what they will have to say for him when Man of Steel comes out.

Surely nobody hates The Last Starfighter?

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The Superman movies hold a special place in my heart...I do have a soft spot for campy bullshit, plus Superman III had that weird computer thing which as a kid I found interesting. Obviously now I'm much older I realize it's an awful movie. But 1-3 were filmed in my home city...so I always get a kick out of that.

I was kind of upset that they shut down the St Louis Hotel, which had the bar where Superman got angry.
    Yeah even though it's terrible, I can't hate Richard Prior. Even though that whole thing just didn't belong in a Superman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    You probably wont believe this, but I actually quite enjoyed the Twilight Saga. I was a hater at first, but I decided to challenge myself to watch them all, and after each one I started to like it more and more. And no, I am being serious.
    I found the movies horrible (and for some reason I've seen them all). But I did read all the books, and even though I was thinking EVEN AS I WAS READING THEM that the writing was awful, I couldn't put them down. And I had to know what happened next. Some books are just like that.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 06:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Sucker Punch is the only one that comes to mine, because it got destroyed by nearly all of humanity in reviews. I mean ,it didn't just get bad reviews, some reviewers were asking for Zack Snyder to retire from directing or some shit. Can't wait to see what they will have to say for him when Man of Steel comes out.
    Yeah MoS should be interesting. Zack Snyder has been very hit and miss for me, hopefully this one will be a hit. I really liked his remake of Dawn of the Dead (that may qualify for this thread...) but didn't like Sucker Punch and really hated 300 (although really that's Frank Miller's fault). Sin City was okay. Watchmen... well I loved the graphic novel so I suppose I was never going to like a movie adaptation, and several things really annoyed me... it was probably as good as a movie adaptation of Watchmen could've been though (which is to say, not very).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Considered one of the worst movies in history I'm going with Howard The Duck. As a kid it was funny and had lots of action. What more do you need?

Return Of The Jedi - I don't think anyone hates the movies but out of the original trilogy this is the movie most people like the least. Yes I l even loved the Ewoks and even went out for Halloween dressed as one. Went another time as Boba Fett too.

Star Trek Insurrection - I really enjoyed the movie and the plot but I think I was the only one.

Battleship/John Carter - Once again I think I was the only one who enjoyed both movies.

Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    Street Fighter - Vann Damme's movie - I have not met or heard of another person that enjoyed this movie other than me. But as a kid i literally watched it over 50 times in awe of seeing my favorite characters on the big screen. To this day i practically have all the lines memorized.
    "I'm going to get on my boat and I'm going to kick that son of a bitch Bison's ass so HARD the next Bison wannabe, is gonna feel it."

I dragged my family to this movie when I was younger. They all hated it but I actually enjoyed it for similar reasons as you.

A lot of people are mentioning movies I enjoyed such as Sucker Punch, Dredd, etc. I don't think there's been a movie I hated that much even the weird one's like Rubber where after the movie was over I still don't know what the hell I just watched.

Deleted
    Monsters (2010)
    Nochnoy dozor aka. "Night Watch" (2004)
    The Fountain (2006)
    Elena Undone (2010)
    Freeway (1996)
    Kokuhaku aka. "Confessions" (2010)
    Margin Call (2011)
    Seeking Justice (yeah, I know ... a Nicholas Cage film)
    Vanilla Sky (yeah, I know... a Tom Cruise film)
    Silent Running (1972)

I would also list "Scanners (1981)" but that is cult movie.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-05-16 at 04:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars 1-3 are the main movies. They are not amazing by any standard, but are entertaining enough and I enjoy the universe. Titanic is a love it or hate it movie for a lot of people it seems, and I love it, and am a huge sucker for it. I also liked Iron Man 2 a lot which gets a lot of flak.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Nochnoy dozor aka. "Night Watch" (2004)
    I LOVED this movie and day watch as well. I watched them on Netflix. I'm just waiting for the 3rd one to be released which appears after a quick google search won't be happening.

The only one I can think of would be Just Visiting (2001).
    It seems it was disliked by a lot of people but I found it to be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithios View Post
    Dredd. Saw this movie and told everyone it was the best super heromovie besides Avengers and Batman I saw last year. None of my friends saw it. My friend recently saw it on blueray and loved it. I still hate america for letting this movie bomb in the theatres. Heres hoping the disc sales made enough for a sequal.
    The first Dredd or Dredd3D because Dredd3D was fucking awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by TidesOfBlood View Post
    The first Dredd or Dredd3D because Dredd3D was fucking awesome...
    I would assume he means the newest release/remake as the first one was called Judge Dredd (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113492/?ref_=sr_1) but the second one was just called Dredd (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1343727/?ref_=sr_1).

Vanilla Sky

Found it very deep and compelling, I like mind bender, what is reality type movies.

However the critical and general public consensus is that it was really, really terrible.

Oh well.

This has been a good thread so far, the vast majority of the movies listed so far are ones I hate and I would consider the public's opinion of to be low as well.

Deleted
    1-3 Episodes of Star Wars. I especially don't understand the hate towards Jar-Jar.
    Machete - yeah, it's a trash movie, but it's a good trash movie. goes great with alcohol and snacks.
    One Missed Call(2008) - I like this movie mostly because of Shannyn Sossamon, but it was still good.

"The Words" - I really don't know why it got such terrible reviews, but I thought it was one of the best films of 2012. I would've nominated it for Best Picture, definitely more deserving than Django and Life of Pi.

"Unbreakable" - I liked it as much as the 6th Sense, but the reviews were much worse and people constantly bash on "how stupid the plot twist is."

10+ Year Old Account
    Bio Dome - I love Pauly Shore's humor. Haven't seen any of his movies in years so it may just be nostalgia now.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account

My friends hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    I'm going with Howard The Duck. .

Erhh that movie was freaking awsome !!

Drop Dead Fred

Mainly for Phoebe Cates and how innocent she is in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loonman555 View Post
    The Room - I saw some videos on youtube of it and bought it off amazon. Watching it with a large group of my friends was probably one of the funniest things that ever happened to me. Yeah it is awful, but it still holds a special place in my heart.
    That is one of those movies that is supposed to be dramatic and artsy but just comes over as just so goofy... in a weird twisted way. One of my favorite Rifftrax was the Room too, the movie is just so suited to be riffed!

Anyway, I would have to say some of my all time favorite movies got some of the most horrible reviews. 13th Warrior, Priest, and Battlefield Earth are a few right off the top of my head. To be honest I cannot figure out for the life of me why I enjoy BFE as much as I do, is just one of those things... I'm apparently crazy!